Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

How Long Until UA Can See My Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver

In short: How long does it usually take *A partners to see status reflected of a partner airline?

Narrative: I obtained my 'Silver' status this past Sunday the 13th, it reflects on the bmi website when I log in, and also was confirmed on two calls to the call center, however, UA cannot see my status reflected on their system.

I have called UA, and spoke with a US-based rep, who even tried removing my number and reentering it, to no avail.

I have a flight tomorrow, which I would really appreciate the status for, I've printed off my info off the bmi website, however it would be nice to be an "official" silver on the UA as well.

How long does it usually take *A partners to see status reflected of a partner airline?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: BD *G
I may be wrong, but I thought it was *A status at time of booking as opposed to time of travel
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tino04
I may be wrong, but I thought it was *A status at time of booking as opposed to time of travel
No it is always the status at time of travel. UA probably just have to remove the FF number and re-enter it again. Usually does the trick when status changes.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Tino04
No, it is at the time of travel.

It can take quite a few days for the various *A systems to update with each other. It may well be that the OP finds that UA doesn't catch the account status in time.

Alternatively, it may be that bmi are also reviewing those Silver accounts granted as they were technically invitation only. So if you weren't on the list, you won't be keeping it.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: BD *G
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
No it is always the status at time of travel. UA probably just have to remove the FF number and re-enter it again. Usually does the trick when status changes.
My apologies ^
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
It can take quite a few days for the various *A systems to update with each other
US still sees me as *S. Deleting/re-entering the number doesn't do a thing.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Note that your Diamond Club number changes when you move to another tier. Have you asked them to enter your new silver membership number?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Originally Posted by icebird
Note that your Diamond Club number changes when you move to another tier.
No it doesn't, and hasn't done since the new numbers were brought in a couple of years ago. (The first digit of the number used to reflect your status, but those were replaced with '0000'.)
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kwildnj
In short: How long does it usually take *A partners to see status reflected of a partner airline?...
a week or so has been the experience of others in the past.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RAPC
Alternatively, it may be that bmi are also reviewing those Silver accounts granted as they were technically invitation only. So if you weren't on the list, you won't be keeping it.
Yes and I don't blame them.

Most of those who got it had probably never heard of bmi before.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Here's my experience:

Today upon check in @ HPN (a UAEx Station) they refused initially to waive the bag fee. I pushed the topic and they then had to call in to get "permission" to do so, despite me showing a print out of my bmi Silver Status, they only waive if the system tells them to.

I was, in the end, able to get a free bag, and then was able to secure free Economy Plus Seats for free, and was then permitted to board with *S passengers.

All in all a 10 minute delay at the ticket counter, but well worth it.

Have a good day ya'll.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
I was, in the end, able to get a free bag, and then was able to secure free Economy Plus Seats for free, and was then permitted to board with *S passengers.
Well done. Thanks for the update.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
...then was able to secure free Economy Plus Seats...
That sounds like a win. I used to get into those quite easily ~3 years ago with DC *S, but then they became strictly paid for even as *G unless operational requirements needed a few pax shifting around (and even then any other passenger seemed to have an equal - or better - chance of getting them).

Has UA changed the policy again?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer

Has UA changed the policy again?
I don't think so. I haven't had much problem securing them though - just takes a bit of conversation and a reasonable agent to make it happen. Pick those check-in desks carefully
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:49 am
FSU

Here's my experience:

Today upon check in @ HPN (a UAEx Station) they refused initially to waive the bag fee. I pushed the topic and they then had to call in to get "permission" to do so, despite me showing a print out of my bmi Silver Status, they only waive if the system tells them to.

All in all a 10 minute delay at the ticket counter, but well worth it.

Have a good day ya'll.

Thanks for the update. I am not flying until next week. Hopefully the BMI number will be updated in the system, if not I will do what you did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.