Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Win a Trip on the Inaugural Flights of our New Routes (Economy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Win a Trip on the Inaugural Flights of our New Routes (Economy)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Win a Trip on the Inaugural Flights of our New Routes (Economy)

Exclusive Competition for Diamond Club members

To celebrate the launch of our brand new routes we're giving six lucky Diamond Club members the chance to win an invite to join us on the inaugural flights to either Casablanca, Marrakech, Basel, Bergen or Stavanger plus one night accommodation.

To win yourself and a companion an amazing trip of a lifetime to one of our new destinations, simply e-mail us (*see below) before Friday 18 March 2011 referencing your preferred new bmi destination (Casablanca, Marrakech, Basel, Bergen or Stavanger) in the subject line and add your full name, address, telephone and Diamond Club number in the email. The winning entrant will be contacted by phone on Monday 21 March 2011. Good luck!

Please note that this email address is not continually monitored and queries cannot be responded to.

Terms and Conditions
  1. Eligibility: This prize draw promotion (the "Promotion") is open to existing Diamond Club members aged 18 or over (the "Participants") and runs from 1 March until 21 March 2011
  2. This Promotion is not open to the employees of bmi and their immediate families
  3. The prize shall consist of two return Economy Class tickets on one of the following bmi operated flights (the "Prize"):
    • London Heathrow to Basel departing Sunday 27 March 2011, returning Monday 28 March 2011 – including one night accommodation
    • Manchester to Basel departing Sunday 27 March 2011, returning Monday 28 March 2011 – including one night accommodation
    • London Heathrow to Bergen departing Friday 1 April 2011, returning Saturday 2 April 2011 – including one night accommodation
    • London Heathrow to Stavanger departing Friday 1 April 2011, returning Saturday 2 April 2011 – including one night accommodation
    • London Heathrow to Marrakech departing Friday 1 April 2011, returning Sunday 3 April 2011 – including 2 nights accommodation
    • London Heathrow to Casablanca departing Saturday 2 April 2011, returning Sunday 3 April 2011 – including 1 night accommodation
  4. The Promoter will be responsible for the payment of taxes and charges in respect of the return Economy Class tickets
  5. To be entered into the prize draw, participants need to email *diamondclubcompetition[AT]flybmi[DOT]com referencing their preferred new bmi destination in the subject line, together with their name, telephone and Diamond Club number
  6. All dates for the Prize are subject to availability. The Prize (bmi operated flights only) must be used for dates specified above. The Prize winner and the winner’s companion must travel at the same time
  7. The Prize winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries on 21 March 2011 and will be notified by telephone on this date
  8. If the Prize winner cannot be traced after reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter, that winner will forego the right to claim the Prize and the Promoter will arrange for a replacement winning entry to be selected
  9. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-changeable
  10. Standard Diamond Club terms and conditions apply
  11. Cash or credit alternatives for the Prize will not be offered
  12. bmi reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of similar value should the specified Prize become unavailable for any reason
  13. Prize winners will be responsible for supplying valid passports and visas and, where necessary, for obtaining appropriate vaccinations and inoculations. It is strongly recommended that Prize winners take out adequate travel insurance
  14. All flights are subject to bmi's applicable terms and conditions including bmi's general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (available at flybmi.com)
  15. Each Prize winner is solely responsible for declaring details of any award provided under the Promotion to HMRC and for paying any tax liability which may arise
  16. Transport to and from the destination and arrival airports respectively is the responsibility of the Prize winner
  17. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
  18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this Promotion and without notice in the unlikely event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any similar event
  19. By participating in this Promotion, Prize winners grant the Promoter permission to use their name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without additional compensation (except where prohibited)
  20. Entry to this Promotion confirms that Participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
  21. Incomplete or illegible entry forms will be considered void
  22. This Promotion is governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it
  23. The Promoter is British Midland Airways Limited, trading as bmi, registered number 464648, registered office: Donington Hall, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2SB. VAT no. GB354401186.

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Mar 3, 2011 at 3:34 pm
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
A whole night's accommodation. Wow! Wasn't there a day room offer at an airport hotel so you could turn around in the same day? For heaven's sake.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: BD BAEC HHons
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
To win yourself and a companion an amazing trip of a lifetime to one of our new destinations, simply e-mail us ...
Overselling the prize ever so slightly?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Martu
LOL... its my dream to do MAN-BSL dont know if its in my reach , anyone got the lotto numbers ?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by lhr baby
A whole night's accommodation. Wow! Wasn't there a day room offer at an airport hotel so you could turn around in the same day? For heaven's sake.
Unless you go to Marrakech, where the turn around involves a two night stay.
Having entered, I'm not sure what will happen if I win, as I'm already booked on one of these inaugral flights.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Any time you can win something for nothing is always worth a minute to fill in a online form or pop off an email, but I always wonder why bmi make these things economy class and not business; particularly as the majority of these competitions are on shorthaul routes where there's usually no restriction on cabin size.

You'd think any company would take the opportunity and attempt to showcase the best of their product; premium check-in, GBL access, onboard service etc. It's not as if the extra cost to bmi would be more than a few quid a head.

Originally Posted by Martu
A bmi 'trip of a lifetime' at the moment would be Tripoli!

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Mar 4, 2011 at 12:09 am Reason: 1) gramma and 2) put something back I deleted by accident when I was fixin me gramma
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Originally Posted by jbfield
Unless you go to Marrakech, where the turn around involves a two night stay.
Having entered, I'm not sure what will happen if I win, as I'm already booked on one of these inaugral flights.
I hadn't looked at the schedules as I've no expectation of going to any of these places. In any case, knowing bmi's record, the inaugural flight out might leave you stranded - they could well cancel the route before their second trip. However, at least if you win you can trade your travel companion a flight ticket if they purchase you a second hotel night!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:44 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Only for the adventurous! Outbound bmi flight, return flight on a shiny Hercules aircraft or a nice sea cruise up the Atlantic. Trip of a lifetime is right.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, Alaska G, LH, HHonors, Accor, Priority Club; Tufty Club Diamond
Well I've entered... gone with one of the new Scandi routes... but looking at the flight times it'd be one heck of a short visit! Better a kick in the teeth, but it'll be a lot of dashing to and from airports. Just hope the hotel's nice.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
Basel here is come
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:38 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Hmm, now if I wasn't getting married on 2nd April, it might be a tempting comp. I guess I might be in trouble if I entered and won....
Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Another big bmi T&C ballsup ?

Thought for today :

Where's the "only one entry e-mail per member will be eligible" clause ?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Great! And I wonder if they'll include a connecting flight for me and Mrs Ontheroad from GLA down to LHR?

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Thought for today :

Nice. Soemthing for the weekend .
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
16. Transport to and from the destination and arrival airports respectively is the responsibility of the Prize winner
Surely the arrival Airport IS the destination?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.