Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Instant Silver Offer - New Members - By Invitation Only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Instant Silver Offer - New Members - By Invitation Only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Looks like the loophole's been closed!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
You will need the 38,000 when you are silver
Excellent, that was what I was hoping. I may actually be able to pull that off. Especially since I have 12 full months (not calendar year based).
EDIT: Upon further investigation I don't think this is true. When I log into my account the Status miles (as Silver) are showing as 0. So it appears to hit Gold, I would need to get to 16K first, *then* also get an additional 38K to hit Gold. I hope I am incorrect on this, but it certainly appears that is the case.

Originally Posted by stifle
Looks like the loophole's been closed!
I think so. I must have been one of the last ones in. I later tried to sign up Mrs. G2244 but it wouldn't work.

Last edited by G2244; Mar 15, 2011 at 7:59 am
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I wonder will BD go through the accounts opened with the promo and nix them...
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
It's been more than 24 hours since I opened my account and while I can log in using my membership number I can't add it to a booking I made yesterday afternoon (after signing up).

I'll be cross if they do get rid of my account - I only booked flights with them because I got the Silver membership!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by saint_em
It's been more than 24 hours since I opened my account and while I can log in using my membership number I can't add it to a booking I made yesterday afternoon (after signing up).

I'll be cross if they do get rid of my account - I only booked flights with them because I got the Silver membership!
This is fairly normal. When I signed up it was about 3 days before I could add it to a booking. I wouldn't panic yet.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by sigma421
This is fairly normal. When I signed up it was about 3 days before I could add it to a booking. I wouldn't panic yet.
Ah, thanks for that. I should have figured having read this board that things would take longer than they said!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Can someone confirm if it's closed or not. Seems IDC6SM now does blue.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes

If they are smart, they should just change the conditions to the one from last year (silver on signup for 3 months - if flown more than 4000 miles within this time you get to keep silver for the year...)
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Thumbs up

I was able to log in to my account within minutes of signing up. If your accout number doesnt work, try using your e-mail address.

And as for the accounts being recinded, i have called BMI's Diamond Club Customer Service twice since signing up (once to see if my welcome kit could be expedited, and today to request additional luggage tags) and they reviewed everything, saw I was silver, and left it at that.

I am doing a "print screen" of my status page, as I have a UA flight Thursday, and want to be able to check my bag for free. I will try and report back how that goes.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Depends on who it was targeted at in the first place I suppose.

If you had to be a Mongolian goat herder living in Ulan Bator to qualify then I expect it'll be quite easy for them to suss out who doesn't qualify.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, MeliáRewards Platinum (no longer used)
Originally Posted by kwildnj
And as for the accounts being recinded, i have called BMI's Diamond Club Customer Service twice since signing up (once to see if my welcome kit could be expedited, and today to request additional luggage tags) and they reviewed everything, saw I was silver, and left it at that.

I am doing a "print screen" of my status page, as I have a UA flight Thursday, and want to be able to check my bag for free. I will try and report back how that goes.
Please do. Someone I signed up has a flight next week they want to enjoy silver benefits on! Also, what happened with your expedited welcome kit request? Are they doing it?

Cheers.

Last edited by kingofbeans; Mar 17, 2011 at 6:30 am
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by G2244
When I log into my account the Status miles (as Silver) are showing as 0. So it appears to hit Gold, I would need to get to 16K first, *then* also get an additional 38K to hit Gold. I hope I am incorrect on this, but it certainly appears that is the case.
Normally when you hit silver for the first time (which I did last week the expensive way) your membership year resets to the date when you passed 16,000 miles and simultaneously your "balance" of status miles is reduced by 16,000, so my account currently shows as silver but with just a handful of status miles (because my last flight took me slightly over 16,000). This is effectively the position you're in, i.e. your silver year has just started and you have no status miles.

Because I'm now silver, next time I hit 16,000 status miles (assuming I do so within 12 months) it will not reset to zero but will continue increasing until I pass 12 months of silver membership (at which point my status miles will revert to zero and I'll begin another year of silver) or I hit 38,000 miles (at which point it will subtract 38,000 from my balance and I'll start a new year as gold). I don't see why your situation would be treated any differently from mine, so if you're aiming for gold I think you've saved yourself having to rack up the first 16,000.

Last edited by vindaloo; Mar 15, 2011 at 10:41 am
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by kwildnj
I was able to log in to my account within minutes of signing up. If your accout number doesnt work, try using your e-mail address.
I can log in fine, using my both my account number and email address, I'm just having a problem adding my account number to a booking I've since made.

If it still won't work by Thursday I'll give them a call as we're flying on Saturday.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by vindaloo
Normally when you hit silver for the first time (which I did last week the expensive way) your membership year resets to the date when you passed 16,000 miles and simultaneously your "balance" of status miles is reduced by 16,000, so my account currently shows as silver but with just a handful of status miles (because my last flight took me slightly over 16,000). This is effectively the position you're in, i.e. your silver year has just started and you have no status miles.

Because I'm now silver, next time I hit 16,000 status miles (assuming I do so within 12 months) it will not reset to zero but will continue increasing until I pass 12 months of silver membership (at which point my status miles will revert to zero and I'll begin another year of silver) or I hit 38,000 miles (at which point it will subtract 38,000 from my balance and I'll start a new year as gold). I don't see why your situation would be treated any differently from mine, so if you're aiming for gold I think you've saved yourself having to rack up the first 16,000.
Interesting. So maybe my plan for Gold could pan out after all. Thanks for the details on this. Now back to planning a few good mileage runs...
Old Mar 15, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, Alaska G, LH, HHonors, Accor, Priority Club; Tufty Club Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Depends on who it was targeted at in the first place I suppose.

If you had to be a Mongolian goat herder living in Ulan Bator to qualify then I expect it'll be quite easy for them to suss out who doesn't qualify.
Damn. That's me, and I missed it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.