Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Crediting flights post-status match

Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist

Was just status matched to Gold on BD, wanted to credit a few LH Z flights to my account that I took before the match went through. I was told via e-mail that I would neither receive status miles nor elite bonus for these flights. Should I trust this? Do others have experience with this? If this is, in fact, the case, should I just credit the flights to LH online (I'm FTL) before my boarding passes make their way through the mail to get the 25%? Is it worth it?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
with NZ flights you don't get an bonus on Lufthansa...

So check where you will earn more miles. Some Eco classes have 1,5 with M&M and only 1,0 with DC
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Ventus2
with NZ flights you don't get an bonus on Lufthansa...

So check where you will earn more miles. Some Eco classes have 1,5 with M&M and only 1,0 with DC
????

That's not what OP wanted to know.... please do read before answering...

Back to OP's question - yes, mileage is credited according to status at the time of flight flown. So if you were BD Blue at the time of your flight dates, then you will earn mileage as BD Blue. So in this case, it may be more worthwhile to just credit to M&M.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks, Guy Betsy, for the information, and I appreciate the attempt, Ventus2.

How about the practical value of the miles? Are BD miles worth more than 115% of the value of an LH mile?

And status miles: will I really not get any status miles for retro-credited flights?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rus925
Thanks, Guy Betsy, for the information, and I appreciate the attempt, Ventus2.

How about the practical value of the miles? Are BD miles worth more than 115% of the value of an LH mile?

And status miles: will I really not get any status miles for retro-credited flights?
Its not about the 'value' but rather the usage of miles.

You can get say, oneway from LHR-FRA on BD award for 2250 miles under the miles plus cash scheme whereas on M&M, its more than double that.

Status miles.. ? I already answered your question , and from personal experience no.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Its not about the 'value' but rather the usage of miles.

You can get say, oneway from LHR-FRA on BD award for 2250 miles under the miles plus cash scheme whereas on M&M, its more than double that.

Status miles.. ? I already answered your question , and from personal experience no.
Alright, well, since I committed to crediting three business class flights to BMI when I asked for the match, I'll still go through with it. It doesn't seem like I'm losing too much by doing so. Thanks for the info!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by Rus925
The issue isn't really that you won't get the status miles, it's more that they will credit them as though you were blue and would then wiped them out because you became Gold.

When you move up from one tier to another your status miles are reset (with excess miles carried). In the case of your status match, you are essentially moving up the tier structure after you would have earned those status miles.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbfield
The issue isn't really that you won't get the status miles, it's more that they will credit them as though you were blue and would then wiped them out because you became Gold.

When you move up from one tier to another your status miles are reset (with excess miles carried). In the case of your status match, you are essentially moving up the tier structure after you would have earned those status miles.
My thought, though, is that these would be considered excess status miles from those necessary for Gold since I already got Gold without having to credit these miles, so they should still show up.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
True, although the flights will probably be back-dated to before you are seen on the system as being Gold. If you are Gold now, you should be able check by logging into you account and it'll show the dates that you are considered Gold.
If the flights are before this then they are unlikily to count, but if they are after this then you are right, they may well count.

YMMV.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbfield
True, although the flights will probably be back-dated to before you are seen on the system as being Gold. If you are Gold now, you should be able check by logging into you account and it'll show the dates that you are considered Gold.
If the flights are before this then they are unlikily to count, but if they are after this then you are right, they may well count.

YMMV.
I totally agree in terms of bonus miles. I'll be very surprised if I get the 35%. However, in terms of status miles, even if they're backdated, the status miles from these flights should displace the "status miles" used to upgrade me to Gold and appear towards my renewal. We'll see...
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your status miles stays... it doesn't get zero'd out when you get a status match. It only zeros out when you move up tiers by earning.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Your status miles stays... it doesn't get zero'd out when you get a status match. It only zeros out when you move up tiers by earning.
Great! So I would get the status miles then, right? And I'd be that much closer to requalifying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.