Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

New bmi logo to be unveiled shortly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New bmi logo to be unveiled shortly

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
I don't quite get why people think that just because there's a new design for the corporate logo, it somehow means they'll be changing the livery on the aircraft.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I don't think that - I'm sure the livery will stay the same (or maybe a minor change on the tail only, like the circled bmi instead of the plain white bmi?).

Last edited by BA6501; Dec 15, 2010 at 6:10 am
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
BMI never fails to surprise us here with shoddy work.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by BA6501
I don't think that - I'm sure the livery will stay the same (or maybe a minor change on the tail only, like the circled bmi instead of the plane white bmi?).
Just for the benefit of others, the tail is not supposed to be plain white (or indeed plane white either) with the current livery.
On the aircraft that have been painted properly, there is a subtle union flag effect across both the white and the blue parts of the tail.

The tail backgrounds that are pure white or pure-white+pure-blue are in the interim/quick livery.

Given this is BMI, the most likley outcome is that this logo will be on the website, or some pages of the website at least, but only the website.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
It gets worse.

Comments are being solicited on the BMI Facebook page. Soliciting customer feedback after doing something is always a positive step...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I think mucking about with the whale livery would be an asinine decision - bmi has one of the most distinctive and attractive airline liveries.

And I'm with FOM - who says changing the logo will lead to the planes being changed also? I reckon they'll just stick the logo by the door, just the like the *A logo.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
And I'm with FOM - who says changing the logo will lead to the planes being changed also? I reckon they'll just stick the logo by the door, just the like the *A logo.
.... and the oneworld logo....
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Yep.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And worse again. Picking someone up at BEY about 45 mins ago.

The new bmi logo is already on the FIDS screens here for the BD907 arrival. Surprising to say the least.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CCO statement on the new logo

Dear colleagues,

When we became a member of the Lufthansa family, we conducted a strategic review of the bmi brand in all the countries we operate in. The results of the analysis highlighted low levels of brand awareness. It was clear that there was a lack of understanding of what our brand stood for both internally and externally, even in the UK.

As we continue with our company turnaround programme, it’s important that we have a clearly defined, well positioned and easily understood brand. Having this will enable us to compete more successfully.

To address the low levels of brand awareness, part of the strategy was changing our name to "bmi, British Midland International" at the start of 2010. We have found that having the words “British” and “International” now gives us a stronger position in the market. Since then we have been working on all the other elements of the new brand name and we are pleased to introduce our new logo which will be used externally within the coming weeks. Please see the attached document. With the new set of company logos, we will update our brand positioning and produce a revised set of brand guidelines which will be available soon.

The new logo design will be rolled out with minimal cost and we need to ensure that we do not throw away any material with the current logo on. Please use existing supplies first.

If you have any queries about the use or availability of the logo please email @flybmi.com

We believe that the new logo will give us a stronger identity through the use of our full name whilst retaining our blue heritage colour.

Kind regards,

Joerg Hennemann
Chief Commercial Officer
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Enough messing about, let's go BIGGER!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
G-MEDF and G-MEDH are the only MEDs with the old paint, with G-MEDG re-entering service yesterday with new seats and repainted.

G-STRY, G-WWBD and G-MIDX to be repainted AFAIK.
G-MEDH is due back on Dec 23rd. G-STRY should be heading back to Astraeus early next year (thank goodness). G-WWBD is in Star Alliance livery, and G-MIDX has recently been repainted from the old Star Alliance washing line livery to the current billboard livery. That should just leave G-MEDF to be repainted in the new year and G-WWBM will be repainted from the Turkish livery when it returns from Istanbul at the end of March. That also leaves a number of Embraers and the change over of the baby livery.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
G-MEDH is due back on Dec 23rd. G-STRY should be heading back to Astraeus early next year (thank goodness). G-WWBD is in Star Alliance livery, and G-MIDX has recently been repainted from the old Star Alliance washing line livery to the current billboard livery. That should just leave G-MEDF to be repainted in the new year and G-WWBM will be repainted from the Turkish livery when it returns from Istanbul at the end of March. That also leaves a number of Embraers and the change over of the baby livery.
Thanks for the update. G-MIDX is looking much smarter although I guess that means the last instance of the Tyrolean logo has now left the skies
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MEDH back on 23DEC? Barely 10 days... Only repaint or refit too? A bit short considering MEDG was gone for about 3 weeks I think...

WWBD would need just the new logo under the Star Alliance writing, same for MIDX.

I really dread MEDF by the way.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

...and G-WWBM will be repainted from the Turkish livery when it returns from Istanbul at the end of March.
OT: Are we to read this as a confirmation that she is returning to the bmi fleet?

Back on topic.

That also leaves a number of Embraers and the change over of the baby livery.
So, what's happening there? Is Tiny growing up? Will it be bmi, British Midland International baby? Is there a whole new look coming to a secondary airport near you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.