Wiki Posts
Search

Flight from GLA to SZG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Flight from GLA to SZG

A few months ago, I saw on the departure screen at GLA that there's a BD flight to SZG. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry to catch my flight so I didn't write down the flight number. As this would be a good connection for me to visit family, I tried to look for this flight online but flybmi.com doesn't list Salzburg as a destination.

I found some info online:

http://www.travellerspoint.com/guide...ional_Airport/ suggests that both bmi and Thomson Airways fly to SZG.

http://www.flightstats.com knows about GLA-SZG and says the flight number is BD 7463.

It seems to me that this flight is a charter flight that I cannot book directly. Can someone confirm this? Which resources do you use to look up such flight information?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:30 pm

I was aware that this was a Summer 2009 charter flight, which I believe the rotation was only on a Sunday. But if you spotted it in the last few months, it could have possibly ran in Summer 2010 also.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:00 pm

BD 7XXX (4 digit flight numbers) are all charters, and can only be booked through the relevant tour operators on whose behalf the flights are operated. 3 digit flight numbers are scheduled flights.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SZG is littered with charter aircraft each weekend from all parts of europe.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: BD *G, ICHG Plat,MR GOLD,HH Gold
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
BD 7XXX (4 digit flight numbers) are all charters, and can only be booked through the relevant tour operators on whose behalf the flights are operated. 3 digit flight numbers are scheduled flights.

bmi charter currently use flight numbers in the range BD7xxx to BD8999

HOWEVER

From the start of the Summer 11 Charter season (which starts 27 March 2011) will use only BD8000 to BD8999 the 7XXX series being used for code shared scheduled flights.

Summer 11 the GLA- SZG will be BD8463 .

The flight is brokered and has multiple Tour operators on it inc TUI and Inghams.

The flight is a full cabin service with hot catering etc for all pax
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Inghams have the flights loaded, but are only selling them as part of a package. They don't appear under flight only searches.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
So who is the flight to Kittila (KTT) for?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by BA6501
So who is the flight to Kittila (KTT) for?
Santa daytrips for Glaswegian sprogs? It's in Lapland.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It's actually from LHR
Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:28 am

Programs: BD *G, ICHG Plat,MR GOLD,HH Gold
Originally Posted by BA6501
It's actually from LHR
bmi arent flying to KTT this year from any UK airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.