Missing (Expired) Miles - Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BMI *G
Missing (Expired) Miles - Help!!!

Hey Folks,

Hoping you experts may be able to help.

I just logged into my wife's diamond club account and it only shows a balance of 9000 miles.

It's the 1st time we/I have logged on to her account in over a year but the balance was/should be in the region of 90k.

In fairness we haven't taken a star alliance/bmi flight in about 2 years, prior to that we were both travelling back and forth to WLG from GLA every 6 months for 4 years.

Anyway, I digress - is there anyway I can get these miles back into her account ot are they lost forever.

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 30, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Sadly the T&Cs require activity which is common amongst most programmes, so I suspect you will be out of luck.

Shame you did not credit a hotel or car hire to your DC membership to keep the account active.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Sadly the T&Cs require activity which is common amongst most programmes, so I suspect you will be out of luck.

Shame you did not credit a hotel or car hire to your DC membership to keep the account active.
Or you should have applied for a BMI's credit card. At least there will be activtity when you use the credit/charge card!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Accounts are suspended after a year of no activity; and then eliminated after another year of no activity. At least in theory.

As you appear to have 9k - dds you have some recent activity? In that case the account is not suspended or eliminated, obviously enough...I'm thinking there may be something else at play here, rather than expiration...

I suggest you write to diamond club and ask what has happened your balance.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI *G
Thanks folks.

I want to book 2 x returns from zone 1 to zone 3 - that obviously requires 90k miles. As I have 81k in my account and my wife has 9k in her account, is it possible to combine these 2 accounts in some way to book these redemptions?

Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by WELLINGTON JOCK
is it possible to combine these 2 accounts
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...-comments.html
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
You don't even have to go to the kerfuffle of doing that.

Just get Mrs WJ to ring up and give authority for you to manage the account for her.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by WELLINGTON JOCK
Thanks folks.

I want to book 2 x returns from zone 1 to zone 3 - that obviously requires 90k miles. As I have 81k in my account and my wife has 9k in her account, is it possible to combine these 2 accounts in some way to book these redemptions?

Thanks
If you are currently looking at economy flights miles only you will need to pay the taxes on top so 'saving' maybe £250-£400 each on the revenue ticket price

Alternatively have a look at redeeming for business cash and miles - you will need 37,500 miles + £210 + taxes each and make a far bigger saving (and a far more comfortable journey)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.