Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BMI plus Amex - 4,000 status mile credit - not posting?

Old Nov 7, 10, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, BA Gold, former BD *G, OZ Diamond Plus *G, VA Gold, AA, DL, EK, QF, Amex

Just wondering if anybody else has not received their BMI plus Amex 4,000 status mile bonus credit this year? My bonus miles arrived on joining, and on renewal last year, but not on this year's renewal. T&Cs suggest this is an annual bonus, to be applied after the Amex card fee is charged each year. Any ideas?
Old Nov 7, 10, 4:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
Mine's missing as well (annual fee came off the card in July and the miles usually credit in August). Have sent 2 emails to chase but no joy yet.

I think it's a manual process, unlike the destination miles for the monthly spend which is automated. So you have to make a little allowance, but I'm getting pretty fed up.
Old Nov 7, 10, 5:26 pm

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Me too. They took my payment in September, but still no miles. I'll wait until the new year before I start to chase them.
Old Nov 8, 10, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat
I got mine in September but it was about 1 month after the renewal (presumably after it was confirmed I'd paid my bill). Hope you're not expecting it too quickly!
Old Nov 8, 10, 4:37 am

Programs: DL, VS, BA; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver; Accor Silver
When I took out the Amex ~4 months ago they split my status miles credit into two tranches, one (3,000) received 6 weeks after I made my first payment, the second (1,000) another 2 weeks after that.
Old Nov 10, 10, 9:22 pm

Programs: Carlson Club Concierge, BAEC Gold, LH M&M *S, Marco Polo Gold
My 4,000 renewal status miles came through OK in mid-October about 2 weeks after the renewal fee hit my card.
Old Nov 13, 10, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, BA Gold, former BD *G, OZ Diamond Plus *G, VA Gold, AA, DL, EK, QF, Amex
It gets curioser.

Having looked at my statements, the one for May 2010 is headed BMI Plus Credit Card, the one for June 2010 and those after are headed BMI Standard Credit Card. My card is (and has been since the account was opened) a Plus card. I probably should have spotted this earlier, but don't always have time to check mileage balances!

In May 2010 the renewal fee of 60.00 (the BMI Plus account fee applicable when the account was opened) was debited. I see the current fee for new BMI Plus accounts is 85.00 and the product is slightly different, and am wondering if something happened to existing Plus cardholders when the new Plus product came out.

I have rung MBNA and they are looking into it, and emailed diamond.club but no response yet.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Feb 5, 11, 1:20 am

BMI AMEX Status Miles

I have a BMI Amex card, paid the annual membership fee in September last year, but didn't get any points posted to my account. After several emails to MBNA I finally got the miles posted, but they have only posted 4000 status miles, and no destination miles.

I am well over the 55k threshold, so I thought that the 4000 miles should be converted to destination miles - or is this not the case anymore ?

I'm pretty sure that last year I had 3000 status miles posted, that were also converted to destination miles.
Old Feb 5, 11, 4:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Bonus status miles should only post as status miles and have done so in the past. Sounds like you may have had destinations be posted in error previously. You certainly shouldn't be getting them as a result of the 55k mark.
Old Feb 6, 11, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by RAPC View Post
Bonus status miles should only post as status miles and have done so in the past. Sounds like you may have had destinations be posted in error previously. You certainly shouldn't be getting them as a result of the 55k mark.
Ok, thanks for clarifying - I must have remembered incorrectly.

It's slightly annoying though, because if the miles had posted in September (when they should have posted) I would have been under 55k, so effectively I would have had the equivalent 4k converted to destination miles from miles earned by flying.

I'll get over it though.
Old Oct 31, 11, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTG + Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Any recent experience since they've been d!cking about with the cards? My fee hit in September's statement and has been paid. Last year my 4K posted during October but this year nothing so far.
Old Nov 1, 11, 7:50 am
Original Poster

I got my 2011 miles OK, though had to chase the 2010 ones. But who knows if BMI or the BMI Amex will be around in their current forms in 2012...
Old Nov 3, 11, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTG + Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Ha. Given today's news, my potentially worthless 4K have posted today!
Old Nov 3, 11, 12:14 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by G-BOAC View Post
Ha. Given today's news, my potentially worthless 4K have posted today!
Maybe they'll convert them 1:1 to BAEC TPs
Old Jul 19, 12, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold,HHonours Diamond,SPG Plat,Carlson Gold,Accor Plat,Etihad Gold
anyone have any recent experience of the 4,000 status miles posting - I applied and received the BMI plus card in early May but no points despite mailing MBNA on 4 occasions. The terms suggest that they should have posted 35 days after approval.

"The 4,000 status miles credit may take up to 35 days following account approval and will be applied to your Diamond Club account on an annual basis once the annual fee for the bmi plus Credit Card has been paid. This benefit is only applicable to the bmi plus Credit Card."

Should I contact DC?

Search this Thread