Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sex Change for Joanna?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:25 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I read it as a suggestion for the Christmas collection.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Can we please change the title? I don't think its very appropriate for Joanna to read that !
I can't say for a fact, since I don't know her personally, but I suspect the typical British sense of humo(u)r would appreciate it. If she read this thread and its title upsets her, a PM to a mod would get things fixed quickly with no fuss. (The mod could also remove our two posts to clean up the public record.)
Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Can we please change the title? I don't think its very appropriate for Joanna to read that !
On the other hand, I wouldn't have checked out the thread.
Great title, one of the best of the year.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 2:24 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Programs: bmi Diamond Club - Retired Official Lurker
Made me smile on a Monday morning. Glad the new 'me' team are treating you well.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
And I'm glad a) that you didn't leave bmi and b) that your Monday was brightened a little. Thanks for taking my humo(u)r in the way it was meant!
Old Sep 29, 2010, 3:35 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by diamond club
Made me smile on a Monday morning. Glad the new 'me' team are treating you well.
Hi Joanna,

A big ^ from me to the new team. I emailed yesterday afternoon and got a very satisfactory response in less than 30 minutes.

That's really fantastic customer service and I really appreciate it.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald)
They seem to be very good and it's so nice to speak to a human being! Really good move on BMI's part!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Is this a record? superquick recovery of missing miles by DC Team

Is this a record? I emailed the DC team at their email address - email address as kindly supplied in the Sticky for DC here at Flyertalk - 6pm yesterday evening asking for miles missing to be credited.

At 8am this morning Karen in the PTSS team at DC emailed me to say my missing miles had been credited.

Are the PTSS team at DC little elves that work all night recovering miles for happy DC members? I make this 14 hours from request to confirmation by DC.

Can anyone better this?
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
A bunch of miles didn't post automatically for me in July because a travel agent messed up my name on the tickets badly enough to confuse BD's computers. I e-mailed diamond-dot-club etc. one evening, U.S. time, and the miles were there the following morning. (Not all of them, but that was my fault, and at the end of the day it was all straightened out.) I don't recall the exact times, but I'm fairly sure it took less than 12 hours. Granted, some of the elapsed time was during normal UK working hours, but it was still impressively quick.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
I did the same, emailed last night and they were in this morning! ^ Karen as well.

This is definitely a huge improvement! ^ ^ ^
Old Jan 14, 2011, 7:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Sex change ?

Hi,

Was just wondering, did Joanna go for a sex change again? Emailed to the usual email add twice and both time I get an "<male agent's name edited>" replying. This chap seems a less sharp compared to Joanna.
Why? Sent in a BP for mileage request issued by a non-*A carrier as their ground agent, and was denied mileage because he claimed that it was a non-*A carrier. Problem is the chap did not look at the tix-no, carrier code on the BP, and operating carrier. Just flatly denied it. Had this a couple of times previously and Joanna immediately solved everything without me pointing these items out.

I do hope this is just a temporarily sex change.. :P

Cheers!

Last edited by GoldCircle; Jan 14, 2011 at 9:26 am Reason: Not naming non-mgt. staff
Old Jan 14, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Was just wondering, did Joanna go for a sex change again? Emailed to the usual email add twice and both time I get an "male agent's name edited" replying.
As confirmed in this very thread, there is a team who answer queries via that address, so there's a good chance that they won't be processed by Joanna.

And that will be male agent's name edited, not "male agent's name edited" in this case as the team are UK based.

Last edited by GoldCircle; Jan 14, 2011 at 9:26 am Reason: Not naming non-mgt staff
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: FB Plat lifetimer,BA, US, LH
new BMI contact

There seem to be a new guy at bmi beside Joanna. His name is Andy. He provides excellent service and good explanation about what is going on.

This is the answer I got after a status request for nearly 100k missing miles.

Dear Mr Mennix,

This claim was processed on the 21July and we are awaiting confirmation form MS. If we do not receive a response from them within 14 days we can then force the claim through.

Best regards
Andy

Sounds like a good service guy to me.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...ge-joanna.html
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
New to you perhaps, but not new to us or bmi.

Definitely another decent member of the DC team though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.