Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does the card expire?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: If I don´t have it, I don´t need it!
When does the card expire?

Hi,

on my current Gold card it says it expires 10/10. Is this the end of the month (October) or the end of September? It´s quite important for me as I´m on a trip at the end of October - that would gain enough miles to get Gold back. I fall down to silver a week ago.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 4:24 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Hi,

on my current Gold card it says it expires 10/10. Is this the end of the month (October) or the end of September? It´s quite important for me as I´m on a trip at the end of October - that would gain enough miles to get Gold back. I fall down to silver a week ago.
I think you'll find that actual membership dates are important for re-qualifying, not the ones on the card...
Old Sep 16, 2010, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: If I don´t have it, I don´t need it!
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I think you'll find that actual membership dates are important for re-qualifying, not the ones on the card...
Sorry, maybe my question is a bit unclear: I know that the membership dates are important for re-qualification. I missed it, fall down to silver but I have some upcoming trips and they will bring me my Gold card back. My question is, if my old Gold card is still valid for lounge access, check-in etc. and how long – card says it expires 10/10. So end of month 10 or end of month 9? My trips are in October so it would be nice still to use the benefits.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 5:52 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Benefits valid until the end of October (to give bmi chance to send out a new card), membership year (for earning) is valid until the end of your earning year (Late September).

When your membership year restarts your status miles are reset to 0, so unless your upcoming trips are going to earn 38k miles you would still be silver for a while longer than you may have thought (not just the difference between your re-qualification now).

There have been reports of BMI flexibility regarding the year end if you contact the address in the FAQ sticky and have been gold for some time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.