Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: ish Trying to Avoid Security

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
ish Trying to Avoid Security

I was transiting through BRU today having arrived from NCL on a bmi operated SN flight; on my way to VNO. (Technically a BD flight but not quite).

I was in the queue for fast track security at concourse A having arrived in the none Schengen B concourse when a guy who had come off a flight from Accra barged his way to the front of the queue telling everyone he had a business class ticket. When I and some other people wouldn't let him through he walked to one side and to an unused security screening line and went around it.

He appeared to be in an awful hurry. He was hauled back to go through the proper channel but he then insisted on taking his roll on and laptop bag with him at the walk through security scanner. He was adamant that as he had a business class ticket and had a connecting flight he should be allowed through.

Security were polite and explained in English & French that he follo the procedure or else he would only be going with the police for extra checks.

He chuntered away making a great fuss - he ended up pushing his way past me and 10 or so others in fast track.

Imagine my surprise when I get to the SN lounge only to find him sat there devouring the bar! It would appear his hurry was only for the freebies.

I had to laugh at him and his belief that a J ticket made him so very special. Well he was certainly special but not as he had hoped for.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Did you happen to spot the Flyertalk luggage tag on that one?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:47 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Don't we all do just about ANYTHING for lounge time?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
That's BMI time
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Where is this Fast Track of which you speak?

I was transiting off that NCL flight to NBO. All of the security goons and assorted boarding pass police denied any knowledge of such delights and sent me to the back of the queue.

Not the slickest of airports to connect.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mad_rich
Where is this Fast Track of which you speak?
It is on the far right as you enter the security area at Concourse A (Schengen). If you are going to NBO it would be a Concourse B departure I believe.

I find BRU no worse than AMS for transfers in my experience IMHO.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by wiluk
That's BMI time
^
Old Sep 2, 2010, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Only familiar with departures/arrivals at BRU terminal B.
In the departure area in terminal B, you would have to go the security checkpoint where there will be a little automatic gate where you will have to scan your boarding pass for it to determine if you are eligible. If yes, then it will open. As easy as that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.