Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

ANA now (tries to) require you to have a Mileage Balance to use the Partner Search !

ANA now (tries to) require you to have a Mileage Balance to use the Partner Search !

Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by b8b
If we had Wiki posts, I wouldn't have to ask what they are, but may I?
You could also just read the first part of this thread where they are outlined.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
1.go to ANA International Flight Awards
2.Enter an ANA operated route
3.Click Next
4.at the bottom click on Use Star Alliance Members Airline (2nd blue button from the bottom)
5.in the near future credit something small to ANA to avoid having to do 1-4
Originally Posted by sbm12
It is still scraping the site but the URL request used gets around the fact that they are not exposing the link to users through the main UI. In other words, while they aren't showing the old link to you it still works.

I've built a GreaseMonkey script to generate the same link for the common man.

Install this little ditty: http://old.wanderingaramean.com/staralink.user.js

Then go here: https://www.ana.co.jp/asw/AMCTopServlet?type=e

Click on the Award Reservation link on the menu there and then look in the top left corner. You should see a link that says "Click for *A Search" that should take you to the *A search form. You might get an error about session expired. If you do just click on the link/button to the home page and go to ANA Mileage Club again and to Award Reservations again. It usually works but occasionally gets that session timeout issue.

Any feedback you have is welcome.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
You could also just read the first part of this thread where they are outlined.
And, for ease of reference, I have added these to post #1.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC gold (silver most of the time), ex-bmi (RIP) ex-silver, and a fistful of Amexes
ANA has remarkably thorough hotel coverage

... and there I was thinking a stay at the Apanea Cham Palace Hotel in Hama Syria was going to be a bit of a wash for earning points with anyone. But a bit of a push-- to get access to the tool back, and looking over the ANA site, and sure enough, ANA grants points for Cham. Hotel coverage in the ANA programme seems a lot more extensive than any of the other programmes I'm in. Or maybe I've just been suboptimal with hotels claims in the past...
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:07 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Amex Platinum
I would have thought most of the people where would be able to easily transfer points to gain access back. There is a 1,000 minimum with Amex MR but if you are gonna spend 100,000 points on a trip 1,000 for the tool seems like a no brainer.

Am I missing something?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by hardeight44
I would have thought most of the people where would be able to easily transfer points to gain access back. There is a 1,000 minimum with Amex MR but if you are gonna spend 100,000 points on a trip 1,000 for the tool seems like a no brainer.

Am I missing something?
Yes. The MR transfer is only for US members and most of us here are UK.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by hardeight44

Am I missing something?
Yes - you don't need any miles in your ANA account to use the tool. It is still available either via sbm12's script workaround, or by simply going through an ANA search and then choosing to search Star Alliance Partners.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
For anyone thinking of Hertz as a long term solution to this issue... I submitted a retro-claim 4 weeks ago today for a very measly 100 ANA miles (2 day rental)... and they still haven't posted - looks like the 4-6weeks Hertz mentioned was for real... or my rental was invalid for some reason (that I'll find out in another 4 weeks when I complain).

Edit: Came through in the end, took pretty much the full 6 weeks. I wonder now whether it was as my Hertz account is in shortname (e.g. Jon) whereas my ANA account is in my fullname (e.g. Jonathan) so needed some manual checking. Quite happy anyway as now at least I've given ANA a token gesture of support for their generosity.

Last edited by littlevoices; Jul 30, 2010 at 5:40 am
Old Jul 15, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
107 Miles for Discounted MAN-LHR

Posted in under 24 hours. Now good to go!

Planning my bmi burn.....
Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I credited a hertz rental which credited 150 miles into ANA in under a week, I have been enjoying the old benefits since
Old Jul 21, 2010, 6:27 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by RAPC
Yes - you don't need any miles in your ANA account to use the tool. It is still available either via sbm12's script workaround, or by simply going through an ANA search and then choosing to search Star Alliance Partners.

Just catching up after my travels, does either of these options still work I have tried both with no luck

Regards
cal
Old Jul 21, 2010, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by xcalx
Just catching up after my travels, does either of these options still work I have tried both with no luck

Regards
cal
My script definitely still works. I used it yesterday.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
My script definitely still works. I used it yesterday.
Yes, it certainly does as I still make good use of it too. The other method still works as well.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:41 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Thanks I tried again last night and there it was.

cal
Old Jul 24, 2010, 6:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
Originally Posted by antichef
I credited a hertz rental which credited 150 miles into ANA in under a week, I have been enjoying the old benefits since
But it's hardly difficult using the workaround. Why the effort to do this?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Kamal Toe
But it's hardly difficult using the workaround. Why the effort to do this?
Because they might block the workaround at a guess......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.