Wiki Posts
Search

New Silver here with a question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, TK Elite, Dragonpass, HH Silver
New Silver here with a question

Hello all. Recently managed to snag myself Silver status with the DC as part of a work deal and I'm very happy about it!

I have read through all the appropriate threads but can't seem to find an answer.

Here goes: I'm off on holiday in a couple of weeks to Jamaica on VS. My fare class on the way out is Z and back in O. Can I earn DC miles on this flight and if so do I need to do anything to redeem them.

I apologise if this has been asked before!

Many Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
BMI answers this question (for a change!);

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/diam...s/flights.aspx

Z = 1.5x, O = 0.5x

You get only destination miles, not status miles. But they are not treated differently for spending. Add your BD number to your VS ticket and they should post. Keep onto the boarding passes just in case they don't.

PS: Silver should get you a bonus 25% miles as well (think that VS is classed as a partner?)

Last edited by littlevoices; Apr 23, 2010 at 8:14 am Reason: added 'for spending'
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, TK Elite, Dragonpass, HH Silver
Thanks littlevoices!

It's a Virgin Holidays booking so hopefully that wont matter but It appears I'd get a nice tidy pile of miles for my trip if it does work!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, Virgin Gold
I fly with Virgin for work all the time, I collect just enough status each year with VS to maintain my status but as soon as I get there I switch to using BD to collect destinations miles. The reason is that I mainly redeem on shorthauls, which makes having them in my DC account more useful. Unless VS status is achieveable, or important to you, then I would certainly go with collecting the miles in DC. VS usually posts within a day or 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.