Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Can I Change Return Flights Mid Trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

We leave for the US on 18th June and return on 8th July.

Our return journey is a bit of a roundabout route. We go LAS > ORD > YYZ > LHR > EDI. If an alternative becomes available while we're away will we be able to switch those flights, or are we stuck with them once we set off on 18th June?

I'm hoping there'll be availability on LAS > EWR > EDI. At the moment there's availability on the first leg only.

We've used just miles if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
No, this is clearly stated in the BMI FAQ as the key reason for booking mileage trips as 2x1-ways, rather than a return journey.

You can't change, cancel or do anything else to your BD redemption flights once you have started them. Sorry - you're stuck once you leave.

However, you could cancel your return journey and rebook it as 2x1-ways and then you will be able to change them. But that will have a cost (cancellation fee + 2 credit card fees rather than one)
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that. Saves me checking every day while we're away

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.