Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

OT: Not sure if I applied for a credit card!

OT: Not sure if I applied for a credit card!

Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Not sure if I applied for a credit card!

I went through and filled in all of the application details for an Amex bmi Plus, but thought I hadn't clicked submit (got interrupted by a household event).

When I went to click 'Submit' I found (pre-click) that I was looking at an MBNA page on searching for the card that might suit me.

Does anyone recognise whether this is the page that you get to after successfully submitting an application, or is perhaps a page that 'slow' application requests time out to with no user intervention hence cancelling the application?

If I did apply should I have already got some kind of email confirmation?

I'd call MBNA, but am not sure what number to use and how quickly they'd be able to track this down given that I don't have an a/c number yet. Will try that if we can't reach a conclusion here.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Sounds like your connection timed out. The confirmation/rejection page would be clear.

Have you tried re-applying? It may be that MBNA's system would identify you after a couple of clicks. Otherwise, you could call the Help number. From the Q&As, I see:
I have not received my signature pack–what should I do?

Contact us if you have not received your signature pack. For personal credit cards, call us on 0800 0851 709 ...
so that could be a number to start with.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Roger
Sounds like your connection timed out. The confirmation/rejection page would be clear.
Well with the help of the number you supplied (I still can't track that down myself ) I was able to establish that the application had indeed been submitted, and the nice lady on the phone finalised everything at the same time as telling me it was there. So a handy 3000 status miles hopefully arriving v. soon ^.

Many thanks for the help. Making a further application and setting credit score flags waving was not an option I wanted to try.

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Apr 16, 2010 at 8:00 am
Old Apr 16, 2010, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Good to know.

I usually give the source when I quote. For the record, here it is:
http://www.mbna.co.uk/help-centre/ac...rds-apply.html
(4th item down)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.