Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Issue getting DC miles for recent Continental flights

Old Apr 15, 10, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

My wife and I recently travelled to orlando and newark with continental from Edinburgh for our itinerary our DC numbers were noted throughout. Sice coming bakc a couple of weeks ago I have had no luck in getting the destination miles and status miles to my account.

My wife has had only half of hers tracked and I have had none. Using my silver card priority number I've made 2 calls to the call centre and each time they have taken details assuring me that this would be rectified within a couple of days and nothing has happened. The last of these calls was a week ago and nothing has updated and I've heard nothing. Pretty appualed by the lack of serivce tbh.

Am I banging my head off a brick wall and am I best just to give up on this? Pretty annoyed as it's 9,000 destination and status miles that I'm missing and if I dont get them I'l miss out on silver for this year
Old Apr 15, 10, 7:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
The call centre are not the right people to get your flights credited and there are very few reports of people getting their accout credited this way.

The best thing to do is sign in to your Diamond Club account online.
Then click on the link on the left hand side
Then click on the link to claim for flights

Then follow the instructions on the screen and submit your claim along with proof of your boarding cards / ticketing.

It can (and usually does) take up to 28 days to be processed, but this the best way to get flights credited. If you are close to the end of your membership year, then they will apply the credit retrospectively so you won't miss out on Silver status.
Old Apr 15, 10, 7:50 pm

Programs: BD-G(RIP); BA-bronze
Originally Posted by RAPC View Post
The call centre are not the right people to get your flights credited and there are very few reports of people getting their accout credited this way.

The best thing to do is sign in to your Diamond Club account online.
Then click on the link on the left hand side
Then click on the link to claim for flights

Then follow the instructions on the screen and submit your claim along with proof of your boarding cards / ticketing.

It can (and usually does) take up to 28 days to be processed, but this the best way to get flights credited. If you are close to the end of your membership year, then they will apply the credit retrospectively so you won't miss out on Silver status.
Maybe stupid question - i've got three CO flights not posted so will visit the post box in the next few days (interestingly the UA codeshare on the same PNR posted within 48 hours).

Do i need to send the "entire" boarding pass - or only the small stub that you get to keep if the GA rips it in two? Just wondering about keeping some sort of proof incase BMI IT are working on the office admin the day my envelope arrives? Need the miles to post incase this little volcano stops earning chances for a short while!
Old Apr 15, 10, 7:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
If you want to send the stub from the boarding pass in, then you can, but keep a copy if you wish for peace of mind.

I believe some FTers just send in a photocopy of the boarding pass stub, along with a print out of the itinery including ticket numbers.
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:32 am
Original Poster

I've got some of my boarding passes but have mislaid one. So does that mean I have no choice but to miss the miles for thatp articular portion?

These should have updated automatically as they did (mostly) for my wife. So annoying.

Does anyone from BMI post on these forums that could help?
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by michelob tfs View Post
I've got some of my boarding passes but have mislaid one. So does that mean I have no choice but to miss the miles for thatp articular portion?

These should have updated automatically as they did (mostly) for my wife. So annoying.

Does anyone from BMI post on these forums that could help?
If you used online check in did you perhaps save a copy of the BP on your computer?

What is it that you do have? Sending that in is presumably the best you can do.

And if you have little/nothing then if you have BPs for other parts of the itinerary, your wife's BP and her seat number you can craft almost all of the info that was on the BP and see if that helps them to get the credit for you: flight, seat number, ticket number, etc.

Main snag is probably if you get someone who is enforcing the need to see the actual BP, since this is (I believe) the mechnaism to ensure that you don't claim for the flight on multiple FFPs. Not sure I see this as a valid mechanism though since for my recent UA flight I ended up with 3 BPs while moving seats and trying old vs. new DC number to get status showing using a mixture of OLCI and self-checkin machine.
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:29 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by RAPC View Post

I believe some FTers just send in a photocopy of the boarding pass stub, along with a print out of the itinery including ticket numbers.
I've had several flight not posted recently, both on Asiana and Continental. On all flights my DC number appears on the boarding passes, so I can't understand what the problem is.

Oddly enough, similar to another poster here, some Air China flights on a codeshare with the Asiana PNR posted fine, but the Asiana flights didn't. I'm a bit peeved because I'm passed the 55k mark so everything should be double miles, but my membership year ends next month. I'm guessing that I'll have a battle to get the proper double miles.

I scanned copies of the Asiana boarding passes and emailed them to DC, but three weeks later I still haven't heard anything. I know that the correct method is to post the boarding passes so I'm not sure if they're ignoring me because I didn't follow the instructions properly, taking their time processing it, or will send me an email saying 'You need to send us the boarding passes. You idiot'.
Old Apr 16, 10, 6:16 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
I can't let this thread go with adding my own howls of complaint and frustration, as it wastes my time, wastes dc's time and makes *A look bad, but I shall continue to pursue the matter.

I have no idea (how could I?) but I would suspect the issue lies with how much CO wants to compensate BD. (My CO ticketed/UA metal codeshare flights posted straight away.)

But it's really a very poor show indeed.
Old Apr 17, 10, 1:09 am

Programs: BA Gold - so flying too much again... plus AA, LX, VS and too many hotel programmes to mention
I did LHR-IAH-PHX and back on CO last month.

Miles posted quickly and with no fuss.

I used the 'old' version of my DC number and booked directly on Continental.com. Not sure if this has any bearing on it.

The relationship between diamond club numbers being on the boarding cards and whether the miles post or not is one that has always baffled me though. There seems to be no correlation between the two!
Old Apr 17, 10, 12:59 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold, Accor & IHG Plat, Meliá & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
There are clearly major problems here. FlyingDentist's report is consistent with other accounts of success using old DC numbers, but even that doesn't seem to be a guarantee.

The worrying development for me is that even Joanna's interventions no longer seem to work. As well as four segments missing from March, my wife and I still have unposted miles for CO flights from November (two segments from an itinerary, the other two flights posted automatically). I've tried everything: (1) letter with BPs clearly showing BD*G and DC number; (2) mail to Joanna with BP scans (reply: passed to admin, miles will post shortly); (3) another letter with copy of BPs; (4) another mail to Joanna (reply: sorry, passed to admin, miles really will credit shortly) and am now waiting for a reply to (5) another mail to poor Joanna.

These weren't long flights, but they still add up to over 4,000 membership miles that we'll probably be needing come November (if DC still exists come November).
Old Apr 21, 10, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingDentist View Post

I used the 'old' version of my DC number and booked directly on Continental.com. Not sure if this has any bearing on it.

The relationship between diamond club numbers being on the boarding cards and whether the miles post or not is one that has always baffled me though. There seems to be no correlation between the two!
I don't think it does, it's just arbritrary. My wife is only blue and I am silver, yet all her miles posted no problem and I have none at all. Both our numbers appeared on the boarding passes

I sent the boarding passes and form I had last week and called the useless call centre who claimed they don't have anything (they didn't seem to have a clue what I was on about).

Getting fed up about this. DC really should have a better system and a call centre that's more useful than a chocolate teapot.

Who is Joanna btw ???
Old Apr 21, 10, 10:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by michelob tfs View Post
Who is Joanna btw ???
I reccommend a quick side-trip to the "READ THIS FIRST" sticky at the head of the forum.
Old Apr 22, 10, 11:22 am

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I have a Silver number, starting with a "1." In early March, I did 4 segments on UA, BP shows the correct number. My travel companion's flights posted within a couple days. Mine never did. So, I contacted Joanna. After a week, only one segment posted. Contacted her again this week. We'll see.

Today I received an email offering 1000 dest miles for responding to a survey, essentially asking why I haven't used my new Silver account. Funny that the first time I tried to open the survey, by clicking the link in the email, I got the "The website cannot display the page." message. Wish they had asked me about the poor performance in posting flights. Of course, we'll see if the 1000 miles offered even post, as the survey site would not allow a screen shot to be saved or printed.
Old May 4, 10, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks I'll try contacting Joanna as a last resort. I've pretty much given up on getting my 8000 status and destination miles now as all CS seem to do is lie and say (5 times) 'it will be sorted momenarily sir..'.

I'm still very annoyed about this. I chose CO over another cheaper carrier precisely to get the miles. what an utter waste of time.
Old May 4, 10, 3:30 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by FlyingDentist View Post

We've had a slightly different experience for a March trip:

I booked flights for family member on the CO website.

Entered old version of fam member's DC number.

DC number appeared on both BPs.

Only miles for the return portion have posted...

...now gotta chase the outbound portion.

Search this Thread