Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:51 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
very sad day
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Well, as the launch of the, er, new situation wasn't due for another 2 days, I don't expect we'll hear much, if anything, till then.

Apart from the screams of the webteam as they are lined up against a wall
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
I don't see anything on my page (yet?) and hopefully they will leave me a choice. I would hate going back to M&M (been there don that). But then a valid question is what would they do to member like myself, who have their membership year ending in November who have already re-qualified for their status? Will they reset it to May 16 (or whatever the date gonna be) and make us do this fun of getting these tier miles again?
Anyone knows if there's anyone in *A (preferably a EU based airline) which will match status (I've got one with *S as well)? I would _really_ hate to go back to LH and the team.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It still shows for me when I log-in and worryingly I clicked through and got the 'Thanks for registering' message. Let's hope this thing isn't active!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:05 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by luitje
Anyone knows if there's anyone in *A (preferably a EU based airline) which will match status (I've got one with *S as well)? I would _really_ hate to go back to LH and the team.
I thought there was no status match within an alliance?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: BA
The new reward mileage chart

So when the ICC let slip that there was to be a new mileage reward chart, what they meant was the M&M chart!

Oh well, it's been fun.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
It still shows for me when I log-in and worryingly I clicked through and got the 'Thanks for registering' message. Let's hope this thing isn't active!
Definitely gone for me
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I thought there was no status match within an alliance?
Just for the cases like this I always have a status with alternative alliance. It is SkyTeam (*S) E+ this year.

I would rather go with pathetic SK than bring my business back to LH. Especially after what they seem to be doing to DC

I grew to really like bmi despite ICC and catz IT team.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:23 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Crikey, I just tried it with my login, and it went through and I got the 'Thanks for registering' message too! Surely it can't be live...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Crikey, I just tried it with my login, and it went through and I got the 'Thanks for registering' message too! Surely it can't be live...
Argh this has changed for me! When the news broke this afternoon I couldn't see the M&M link when logged in but now I can - and I get the "thanks for registering" message too.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: www.srflyer.blogspot.com
2nd year requalification??

OMG

Can someone help clarify. I qualified as BD *G in July 2009. And within 3 months got re-qualified for my second year. I read somewhere here that it will not show in my account online that I have been re-qualified and that it will automatically kick in in July 2010.

If M&M takes over in May, and they don't see the re-qualification of status, will I lose my second year?? And even if they re-qualify me, would that be until July 2011?

If I burn my miles now, will it be taken as if I did not have the miles to re-qualify?

Getting anxious here...

Thanks in advance...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by CheeseToastie
Argh this has changed for me! When the news broke this afternoon I couldn't see the M&M link when logged in but now I can - and I get the "thanks for registering" message too.
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Can you post a link to the page, please?

It looks like they reversed who can see it - those who did previously now can't and vice versa.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Emperorsr
OMG
I don't see your problem. You are already BMI Gold. Lufthansa will, if you want, match you to M&M Gold - and for almost 3 years, probably, as M&M Gold runs for 2 years from the February after you achieve it.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:35 am
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
I see the M&M link in the drop-down, I take it one should not login under this link as it might register me for a miles transfer kill my DC account. Don 't want to take any chances, won't be logging in.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Emperorsr
If M&M takes over in May, and they don't see the re-qualification of status, will I lose my second year?? And even if they re-qualify me, would that be until July 2011?
M&M qualification year is Jan-Dec, and status expires end of March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.