Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by griep
I can't believe how unprofessional this has been done! In my case there is about 65% of my miles transferred and besides that: no status yet.

And why do they send a mail to all victims titled "Diamond Club account transfer & closure" as the transfer is still in progress!

I cannot guarantee anything, but based on my experience patience is needed. Recently, my right miles and status was transfered to M&M. The beauty of it all is that my BMI account online still works fine and still shows mileage balance
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:22 am

Still nothing. So, my choices for travel next week. Statusless *A or lounge-access OW..... that's going to be a tough call then

Besides, I notice my previous status miles racked up since this transfer began are likely to be wiped out when they finally pull their finger out.

It really, really couldn't have been done any more ineptly, could it? A farce, from start to finish. And to think we trust this company to keep planes in the sky!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Just off the phone again. My file has been added to the rather large pile of cases to be processed manually. Missing 20% of my miles and no status.

Was again told to continue to use my DC Gold until the process is complete (which is what I've been doing for 6 weeks now of course) as it only expires in February. They tried to reassure that by then the transfer would certainly be completed....

Despite my account having been formally closed as per the email received two days ago, it fortunately still exists. I hope that accounts will be kept dormant until the transfer is really completed, I'd like to avoid someone actually swiping my DC card and not letting me into a lounge.

The only word I have for this is incompetence. If I were LH I'd think twice of migrating the whole of DC based on this experience...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: KLM FB, BA EC, Miles&Mafia, Delta SM, Mile High Club
I mailed DC asking them when they would transfer my miles to Lufthansa's M&M. After a week of gazing over the question, looking in their dictionaries for the meaning of the word "Lufthansa" and Googling Miles & More this was their reply:

Originally Posted by diamondclub.autoadmin ([email protected])

Dear Mr Diabo

Thank you for your recent letter regarding your Mileage Plus membership.

Unfortunately bmi cannot credit miles towards other frequent flyer programmes so therefore I’m not able to service your request.

I enclose the evidence that you supplied for your records and you’ll need to send this to United Airlines in order for miles to be credited towards your membership.

I’m sorry I couldn’t help further on this occasion.

Yours sincerely
Does DC employ blind monkeys? Is Franz Kafka still alive? Did Monty Python take over BMI?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Update from my side. Miles were transferred, however status is incorrect. Was BMI Gold, now M&M Frequent Traveller, where it should be Senator.

1. Send M&M an email asking for the right status, using the contact form at their M&M website. Got an email three days later, saying that I should contact the M&M office. The telephone number stated in the email message is however incorrect.

2. Did contact the M&M office after finding the right number on the internet. Person on the phone could not help me directly but would call me back. Which he did 10 minutes later. Message: We cannot help you, please contact BMI DC.

3. Made a phone call to BMI Diamond Club. Got a person on the phone who gave me his name, extension number and an email address. He could not help me but adviced me to send the whole story to the given email address.

This is the status so far, I did 4 Austrian flights this week and have many more planned for the coming time. At the AMS lounge, I already had tough discussions with the lounge dragon who kept asking me for my Miles and More card, even though I could show the BMI DC Gold card. She was incorrect as it turned out later on, when her supervisor intervened, but damage already done. I don't like being treated like a 4 yr old.

Hopefully they sort it out asap, they lose my business if they don't.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Having read this thread. Well, point taken - I will be working hard to get to BA Gold this year. Hopefully I have time before bmi IT does their magic on the rest of the lot.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by troje
This is the status so far, I did 4 Austrian flights this week and have many more planned for the coming time. At the AMS lounge, I already had tough discussions with the lounge dragon who kept asking me for my Miles and More card, even though I could show the BMI DC Gold card. She was incorrect as it turned out later on, when her supervisor intervened, but damage already done. I don't like being treated like a 4 yr old.

Hopefully they sort it out asap, they lose my business if they don't.
For what it's worth, your FTL will give you lounge access at AMS on OS (LH, LX, LO) flights. Bring a print out though.

Whether the SEN lounge at VIE is better than the C lounge is another matter best not discussed here.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
I've had to post 75,000 miles to OW in the past 1.5m because I was unsure WHERE my miles might post and I was NOT about to travel with NO status.

My options were fly *A and credit to what was supposed to be a closed DC account and then never get the miles.

Credit to LH where I had no status and receive no benefits.... or

Credit to OW and keep status with them.

I know this can be difficult, but this has been handled by far worse than any one person can imagine, and the fact that they are sending out emails stating everything is ok and been taken care of, when it hasn't is proof of how idiotic this is. I've noticed that our DC lurker, if she is still with DC has stayed very far away from this issue.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: M&M SEN, FB Ivory
OK this beats everything. Today I got a letter in the mail that I DIDN'T register successfully for the status match and that my account has been closed! 4 days ago I received an email that I registered successfully and that my account had been closed and migrated to Miles and More. Meanwhile, my DC account is still alive and kicking and my M&M account shows an incorrect status and number of miles...

I emailed M&M about the incorrect transfer last friday and got a reply back that I should contact the DC support team. Emailed DC on Monday and got a reply back that same day that my message was passed on to their Miles and More team (apparently there is one!) and that they would get back to me.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by paul123
OK this beats everything. Today I got a letter in the mail that I DIDN'T register successfully for the status match and that my account has been closed! 4 days ago I received an email that I registered successfully and that my account had been closed and migrated to Miles and More. Meanwhile, my DC account is still alive and kicking and my M&M account shows an incorrect status and number of miles...
+1

exactly same happened to me... got a letter in the mail that I didnt register and my account is closed. but also I have an earlier email that says I did registers successfully. both my M&M and DC accounts are working fine online! What to believe...
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: AF-KL Flying Blue;QR Privilege Club Gold;AB Top Bonus; M&M
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
+1

exactly same happened to me... got a letter in the mail that I didnt register and my account is closed. but also I have an earlier email that says I did registers successfully. both my M&M and DC accounts are working fine online! What to believe...
+2

WHAT A MESS !!!

Same with me: email with successful registration in M&M and miles would be transferred.
Today: letter of the very same Keeley, that registration was unsuccessful !!!

Can still get into my DC account, but M&M account not able to log-in since it starts with a 9999 #

When can I check M&M account ?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by paul123
+3

The only thing that wasn't successful was the DC part.
No initial confirmation email.

Incorrect amount of miles transferred.

No status transferred.

Confusing website beta version before going live.

Six weeks and counting.

Having gone through the SN migration last year, I know that it can be done properly. Perhaps they wanted to get it out of the way asap to avoid 'having' to give status for an extra year.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:43 am

What an incompetent transition... sure way to alienate frequent flyers!
Old Jul 3, 2010, 3:21 am

Big News!

I got the Senator Welcome Packet in the mail today, with a Shiny Gold Senator card...

I guess yesterdays BMI letter was a HOAX (as anticipated)...
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:11 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
I got the Senator Welcome Packet in the mail today, with a Shiny Gold Senator card...
Congratulations. Anything unexpected/interesting among the welcome materials? Any reference to how you earned SEN (i.e. DC) in the letter text, or is it just a standard "you've qualified" blurb?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.