Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Unused outbound, return leg validity?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Silver

Hi all,

Title says it all really. Can't use an outbound flight to LHR from MAN, but I would like to use the LHR-MAN return two days later. Flights are in the cheap, non-Flexi-Y bucket.

Allowed? I suspect not, but always worth checking with the experts on this forum I find
Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I would contact the airline and ask them to put a note in your PNR to that effect. I've done this before and had only minor difficulty at the airport - and the supervisor was able to sort it out in less than a minute.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:50 am

Programs: BA, Marriott & SPG, Hilton, Avis
I did this a couple of times on MME-LHR when the route was still active.

I was pessimistic at first, but the call center said it would be fine and agents at both MME and LHR indicated it would be fine - and it was!

Each was booked as a return trip via flybmi.com and in low non-flex fare classes.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
As bmi have one way pricing on this route and a return ticket is effectively 2x one way tickets, there is no problem using the return if the outbound is not taken. Problems occur where the fare is constructed as a round trip like you get with most long haul trips. There you would have a problem.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Silver
Excellent, thanks for the information everyone. A call to the ICC has indeed confirmed it won't be a problem and a note has been added against the booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.