FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Redemption Help: Booked flights with BD Miles, on VS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1072720-booked-flights-bd-miles-vs.html)

e195 Apr 10, 2010 1:26 am

Booked flights with BD Miles, on VS

Hi everyone,

Very quick question.
My mum has booked flights for my Girlfriend and myself to JFK on VS using her BD miles, in Upper Class both legs.

On the phone the Agent said need to speak to VS about the Driver to and from the airports.
Now should the booking we have (ref number given from BD), work on the VS website? It works on the BD site but does not give much info other than the flights and times etc

Thanks in advance

David

NoY Apr 10, 2010 1:38 am

Originally Posted by e195 (Post 13744098)
Hi everyone,

Very quick question.
My mum has booked flights for my Girlfriend and myself to JFK on VS using her BD miles, in Upper Class both legs.

On the phone the Agent said need to speak to VS about the Driver to and from the airports.
Now should the booking we have (ref number given from BD), work on the VS website? It works on the BD site but does not give much info other than the flights and times etc

Thanks in advance

David

Sadly, you will not get car transfers included on a redemption booking. However, you can enter the BD reference on checkmytrip.com this will show additional booking info. such as ticket numbers and this will likely show the VS reference which should be usable on the VS web site.

e195 Apr 10, 2010 2:01 am

Hi NoY
thanks for the reply.
I did see that the G fare does not include the transfers, however it does say you can use additional miles for it....
Do you know how many it requires?

David

NoY Apr 10, 2010 2:10 am

Originally Posted by e195 (Post 13744171)
Hi NoY
thanks for the reply.
I did see that the G fare does not include the transfers, however it does say you can use additional miles for it....
Do you know how many it requires?

David

Sadly (again) you can only book the car transfer with VS miles, not BD miles. It "costs" 10k VS FC miles but I cannot recall if this is one-way or return - but is does include DTCI (Drive-thru-check-in) which is kind of cool. Only useful if you have VS miles of course :)

e195 Apr 10, 2010 2:17 am

Ah ok, is that each yea or per car?

was looking at the VS ISA and getting 5k miles

David

NoY Apr 10, 2010 2:32 am

Originally Posted by e195 (Post 13744204)
Ah ok, is that each yea or per car?

was looking at the VS ISA and getting 5k miles

David

I was wrong - it's gone up! Probably not worth it!

If you’ve spent your miles and rewarded yourself with an Upper Class flight, or an upgrade to Upper Class, why not start the trip in luxury as well and book a chauffeur driven car service from your front door to the terminal for 17,500 miles one way.

Call our Flying Club helpline to book or check that your requested pick up point is included in the chauffeur driven car service available to you.

TO/FROM FROM/TO MILES
London Heathrow or Within 75 miles of the 17,500
Gatwick airport
Manchester Airport Within 75 miles of the 17,500
airport

USA Airports Please check when 17,500
booking*
South Africa Please check when 17,500
booking
*Within a 100 mile radius of arriving/departing US airports when travelling on Virgin Atlantic flights only.

Passengers must provide Advance Passenger Information (API) either when booking or through Manage Your Flights when using Drive Thru Check In and travelling to the US, Shanghai, Johannesburg or Cape Town.

Chauffeur driven cars and other ground transfer options are not offered on Upper Class
Miles Plus Money fares.

e195 Apr 10, 2010 2:37 am

WOW thats alot, ill speak to bmi and see if we can 'upgrade' lolz

David

Jetstreamer Apr 10, 2010 3:11 am

Crikey, 17,500 FC miles will get you a one way economy ticket to NYC and they want the same for a quick trip down the M4! That's got to beat redeeming DC miles for hotel stays :eek:

NoY Apr 10, 2010 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer (Post 13744298)
Crikey, 17,500 FC miles will get you a one way economy ticket to NYC and they want the same for a quick trip down the M4! That's got to beat redeeming DC miles for hotel stays :eek:

I know, at 10k for a treat, maybe, but at 17.5k, no way :p

Roger Apr 10, 2010 3:41 am

I'm pretty sure the limo offer is available only with Virgin Flying Club redemptions (but haven't tried, so am ready to be corrected).

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer (Post 13744298)

Or just 14,750 miles to New York in the ongoing sale. http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb...mptionsale.jsp

(Of course, that's not the full price, it comes with those extortionate add-ons. :eek:)

e195 Apr 10, 2010 4:08 am

just worked it out, car & parking at LHR = £60
Airport to Hotel & back is £53

What does one have to do as a must in the lounges then?

RAPC Apr 10, 2010 4:30 am

Originally Posted by e195 (Post 13744403)

That would be a good question to ask the regulars in the VS forum. (I haven't used VS for years, so can't help you here either - sorry!)

NoY Apr 10, 2010 7:51 am

Originally Posted by e195 (Post 13744403)
just worked it out, car & parking at LHR = £60
Airport to Hotel & back is £53

"What does one have to do as a must in the lounges then?"

1. Get to LHR at least 3 hours before flight.
2. Go through VS's private security channel, then on to Club House (VS lounge)
3. Go to Cowshed spa & arrange treatment/haircut
4. Go to bar & order a Mojito or two.
5. Go to Brasserie & order a Clubhouse Burger & fries & another Mojito.
6. Return to spa for treatment/haircut.
7. Return to bar for champagne/cocktails.
8. Stagger to flight.....to sleep.

Not that I've done that myself, of course ;)