Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Its no go at BA...Its all go at bmi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver BD Silver

Front page of bmi website great bit of marketing by bmi, although it probably means the BA strikes are about to be called off

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/index.aspx
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:40 pm

LOL... Some of those BMI destinations will be no go in future
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:34 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
In today's bmi trade email:

bmi - business as usual

Following BA's strike announcement, don't forget bmi flies to many of BA's destinations including Aberdeen, Dublin and Moscow - make sure your passengers are not affected and book bmi.
Dublin is not a BA destination and barely a bmi destination
Old Mar 20, 2010, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold

They are probably getting confused with the EI/BA Codeshare ! What muppets.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
They also seem to be all over my transistor radio at the moment too! Mind you that is only Classic FM.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find the 'many of BA destinations' even more entertaining. Go on, bmi, do tell us: what percentage of BA's destinations are also served by BD?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by NickB
I find the 'many of BA destinations' even more entertaining. Go on, bmi, do tell us: what percentage of BA's destinations are also served by BD?
Well including codeshares and transiting in a completely different European/American hub its probably getting quite close to 100% :P...
Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by littlevoices
Well including codeshares and transiting in a completely different European/American hub its probably getting quite close to 100% :P...
It says 'bmi flies', not 'our partners fly' .
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Dublin is not a BA destination :confused
According to Sky news all BA's flights to Dublin are operating as normal, interesting...
Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
A teasing photo in todays hatemail:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...engers-do.html
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
And on a side, note, yesterday's Herald referred to one of BA's competitors flybmi in a front page article on the strike...
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
bmi are making some money from the BA strike.

BD58 to EDI this afternoon was a SH configured 321 that was absolutely rammed without a free seat.

It's normally a 70% full 319.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by thegoderic
BD58 to EDI this afternoon...
As a (new) regular commuter to EDI I've also seen this - on Monday even Flex-Y was fully booked (for the first 15 rows) on the 9am flight! Ouch, thats good money - but not much fun when your gold seat block doesn't work

I'm currently sitting in the lounge waiting for the flight back to LHR in an hour, its down as pretty much full with only 4 Y seats free - but was at 2 earlier, the 4pm flight was full (0 seats even in Y)

ExpertFlyer and the bmi website have been showing 0s across the board regularly on the most popular times... though I'm guessing that BA has bulk purchased large numbers of seats for their own passengers.

I'm happy for BD that its going so well - and I think that they are very effectively milking it. At checkin tonight there is a big sign that says 'BMI - still flying' or something similar, with the invite cards all over the place to grab BA's flyers.

The only unfortunate thing I can see is that because they got rid of the meal deal a month ago I suspect they won't win that many passengers permanently. BA's food offering isn't great - but it beats nothing. 2 months ago I could have told people - "BMI gives you a better food as a gold/silver member" as I prefer a bacon panini and the BD sandwiches/alcohol that used to be available in the evening - now you get the same 'offering' as someone on their first ever BD flight (be that a flex-Y meal, or nothing). Of course you don't get BA gold flying cattle
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: ba lifetime gold, MAS gold, hhonors gold
I don't think that that BMI will be getting many long term customers out of this. Thursday evening both aberdeen flights were cancelled and customers told to collect their luggage and try again on Friday. There was standing room only in the very tired BMI domestic lounge and the same old cr*p food and undrinkable wine in the *A lounge. They announced that both Edinburgh flights were delayed due to being struck by lightning and the GLA fliight at 19.20 was an hour late.
However the seat block worked for me - looked like the middle seat in my row was the only empty seat on the plane.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
And on a side, note, yesterday's Herald referred to one of BA's competitors flybmi in a front page article on the strike...
flybe? em aye!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.