Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: BMI redemption confirmation:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: BMI redemption confirmation:

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1p, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
BMI redemption confirmation:

So I called ICC and booked an award reservation for a flight operated by Continental using bmi miles on Sunday. Since then I have been checking its status using the 6 character record locator. Both flybmi.com and checkmytrip.com show the reservation is "confirmed", but the e-ticket number starting with 236 does not show up. Perhaps more worryingly, Continental.com shows that "the reservation has not been ticketd"..

Now that it has been a bit more than 2 days since I made this reservation, and the date of travel is quickly approaching, should I be worried about this reservation? It is only my second time redeeming a bmi ticket, would appreciate if you could share your experience..
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:35 am

Programs: IB Platino
I am in a similar position to yourself, so if anyone else can advise would be appreciated.

I booked a ticket 2/3 weeks ago on BMI which also has a reservation number showing as confirmed, but with no e-ticket number. Miles have been deducted. Originally the balance was showing as "transaction pending" on my bank account, but this has since disappeared.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:09 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Recently BMI's ticketing has improved very much so - recent tickets for myself have appeared in a matter of hours, and the last 5-6 (all intra-Europe) have ticketed within 24hours.

Best to just give the ICC a call and ask them to ticket the one with travel on Sunday, most of the good agents will put it to the top of the queue quickly enough, if the agent doesn't sound like they will do it then best to just ring back. If you're not travelling for a while and the tickets aren't on an SQ/LX flight (where there is the risk of cancellation) you can leave it for a little longer and trust it will ticket - but if you're keen a call wouldn't go amiss!
Old Mar 17, 2010, 5:17 am

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
Call pre-travel support

Have you checked the Amadeus Asia website, as this will show if it has ticketed or not (though if Continental's computer says no, then I doubt Amadeus will be any different).

Being honest, when you are this close to you departure date, I would call UK pre-travel support directly.
The number is +44 1332 854 000 and ask for pre-travel support - you might be on hold for a while, but it will be worth the wait. They are open until ~1730 UK time.
6 months ago they managed to get my reward reservation ticketed within 15 minutes ^

Cheers,
JJJJS
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo
Have you checked the Amadeus Asia website, as this will show if it has ticketed or not (though if Continental's computer says no, then I doubt Amadeus will be any different).

Being honest, when you are this close to you departure date, I would call UK pre-travel support directly.
The number is +44 1332 854 000 and ask for pre-travel support - you might be on hold for a while, but it will be worth the wait. They are open until ~1730 UK time.
6 months ago they managed to get my reward reservation ticketed within 15 minutes ^

Cheers,
JJJJS
I don't think we should "abuse" PTS in this way. A quick call to the DC call centre will sort this out. Lets save PTS for real emergencies, otherwise they will get overworked and stop taking calls or become less efficient when we really need them.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
I don't think we should "abuse" PTS in this way.
Originally Posted by dodododododo
the date of travel is quickly approaching
I would have thought that if the date of travel is quickly approaching, then this would reasonably fall within the remit of a call to PTS.
Similarly, the one time I've called PTS was for a SQ redemption that hadn't been ticketed some 72 hours later, despite asking the ICC to prioritise it when I made the booking. After 2 further calls to the ICC resulting in precisely no help, I lost patience and called PTS - with the 15 minute result.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1p, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Called the ICC line again and the agent assured that the reservation will be ticketed "within 1 to 2 days", so I guess I will wait and see for now.. Will call PTS if it cannot be resolved by then. Thanks guys for the info!
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: IB Platino
Thanks also for the advice. Checked Amadeus Asia and nothing as yet so will leave it a little while longer and then chase it up.

Best regards, James1715

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.