Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Bizarre and creative ICC shenanigan ? (denied boarding on middle leg of award)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bizarre and creative ICC shenanigan ? (denied boarding on middle leg of award)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, PC AMB, Hyat Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dazz81
I believe that's because United don't use amadeus....
Sorry, should have said that the first and last sectors are on bmi metal/flight numbers, so have and am using the amadeus locator....CMT shows the itenerary, but not the etkt
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by surturminn
Sorry, should have said that the first and last sectors are on bmi metal/flight numbers, so have and am using the amadeus locator....CMT shows the itenerary, but not the etkt
The TA may not have sent the e-ticket numbers to bmi... I'd make sure to have your e-ticket receipt with you! (This seems unlikely as your bmi segs would have auto cancelled)

...or CMT just isn't capable of showing ticket numbers issued outside of amadeus.

The easy way to figure this out is just to call BD and ask if they see ticket numbers. They probably do and they likely match the ones you have from your TA.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by zchapk9
And, it wasn't last leg as the thread title now states, it was the third leg of five.
In my opinion, the third leg (or middle leg) is quite important!
Old Mar 16, 2010, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
While I think that the ICC is packed with total morons, it does sound like TG messed something up there. If the e-cupon was not ok at the time of online check-in then there would have been an error message in my experience.

@ OP: Did you have to purchase the ticket for the very same flight ?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by surturminn
You can only see the entire e-tix based on the system your TA used. BMI will show the flight numbers based on the reservation but it may not show the entire itinerary. If the ticket was issued, you will not be able to view the ticket if the ticket was not issued on a Amadeus CRS.

But BMI themselves can view the ticket number/ info / segment . You just can't.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Quick update: 3 weeks after making a complaint online, I got a reply.

BMI accept full responsibility for the siutuation. Their explanation was a bit weird: they said the flight had been rescheduled, and they omitted to reticket that sector. But according to my original itinerary, there were no schedule changes since the time of booking.

Anyway, they're refunding the flights we had to buy in full, and offering 6,000 miles to each of us. Ever so slightly mean I thought (what exactly can I do with 6,000 miles?), but I don't have the energy or the front to ask for more.

And boringly, it means that the rituals for checking and double-checking a DC booking have just got a whole lot more complex, if we now have to cross-reference the PNR with the ticket number for each and every leg of the journey. Ho hum.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by zchapk9
(what exactly can I do with 6,000 miles?)
One way in biz to DME, EVN...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.