Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by dazz81
VERY CONFUSED
Of which there is only 4 operated in Australia but there is numerous in Thailand and Indonesia also (ones which I might use). However, then when you click the link saying for a list of countries that participate go here:
http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/UK/earn/hotels/countries/

there is no mention of a lot of the countries in which they have hotels (including Australia)!
It's a great promo, but many countries do not qualify! I was going to make 4 stays at Ramada Bangkok until I saw the list of countries eligible for the promo. Only China in Asia??

Austria
Azerbaijan
Belgium
Canada
China
Czech Republic
Finland
France
Germany
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Mexico
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States
Old Feb 5, 2010, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
nice promo! VERY tempting

I guess the F&F rates son't qualify?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:53 pm

F&F DO NOT qualify
why go to monterrey ?

Places in Midwest are ridiculously cheap. I booked several stays in Cincinnati for $30 w/AAA per night with free breakfast and gym after work, of course right next to my workplace. Heck some properties in torn Michigan are under $25 after tax.
Easy perk to get 120k miles for all my relatives + all the perks from the hotel. Amazing promo. : )
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:54 pm

and of course my rewards will be used with CO where taxes are under $100 for SA. : )
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:43 am

Programs: FB Platinum; BD*Gold; SPG Platinum, PriorityClub Platinum, HHonors Gold...
Hi, Yes China seems to be the only country in Asia which qualifies for this stay.

I checked that the cheapest Ramada in Shanghai on the official website will cost around 34 pounds taxes included, not too bad I guess?

However, could we also save 500-1000 additional miles if we book it on FLYBMI.COM??? Or this online agency rate will not qualify???

Cheers!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by libuser
and of course my rewards will be used with CO where taxes are under $100 for SA. : )
Don't you still have to pay $290 in YQ?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by whakojacko
Travelodge San Francisco Airport North has rooms for $39.00 + tax, not terrible.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
$35 with AAA discount. With tax $42.

Wonder how strict they are about the person on the reservation actually being there at check-in time, i.e., can I book one room in my name and one in my wife's and just check in for both of them.
That does seem like the cheapest in the Bay Area and is probably ideal for me as I don't have a car. SamTrans to SFO for $3 rt and then Travelodge shuttle. The things we do for miles.

notquiteaff: if you find out how liberal they are about letting you check in with another person's name, please do report back. I imagine I could try doing this as a walk up too since I don't think their walk up rate would be different from the Internet rate.

I also wonder if the manager of the property would be willing to cut a special deal since I don't intend to use the room...
Old Feb 6, 2010, 2:25 am

Anyone know if the "ramada encore" brand in the UK qualifies?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 3:11 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I just want to welcome all the strangers to the bmi board (Americans, BA people, Senior Mods, rednecks etc.) that have been drawn in by this promotion. You might even be tempted to fly with bmi one day, perhaps?
And a Talkboard President too.

This promo is like fly paper.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
And a Talkboard President too.

This promo is like fly paper.
70K earned last year from Hilton, and now planning to earn 20K more. Have never been on a bmi aircraft.

There are sub $30 rates in the Atlanta area.....^

Thanks bmi!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I'm sure bmi thanks you all too - Wyndham has to pay for all these miles, so it will be a cash positive experience for the airline.

Of course, all the "I've never flown with bmi" people will have failed to have noticed the new programme rule stating that you cannot make a redemption until you have flown and credited a bmi metal segment in your current DC membership year.

Just kidding - no such rule!!! :-)
Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
70K earned last year from Hilton, and now planning to earn 20K more. Have never been on a bmi aircraft.

There are sub $30 rates in the Atlanta area.....^

Thanks bmi!
Where did you find these??? The lowest I was coming up with was high 30's.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
... the new programme rule stating that you cannot make a redemption until you have flown and credited a bmi metal segment in your current DC membership year.
Just kidding - no such rule!!! :-)
This bit pasted in white didn't appear in your post (in my Firefox browser, at least) and I wondered if I had missed something. I do try to keep up.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Oh, you're too funny

I do visit this forum often, I just don't post frequently as I'm hardly a program expert, I just read to learn and always do my Hilton double dips with bmi.. and credit just enough flying to requalify Gold each year.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I sometimes stay in the Ramada near LCY (the second closest hotel to the airport - I tried the travelodge once but it was uncomfortable for me) but I've got no trips from there planned during the promotional period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.