FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1048122-earn-5000-bmi-miles-per-stay-wyndham-hotel-group-discussion-thread.html)

Oxon Flyer Feb 5, 2010 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Roger (Post 13330574)
As always, I'm suspicious of that word 'participating'. How are we supposed to know which hotels are participating?

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards T&Cs
Participating Hotels mean hotels or other lodging facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and Libya operating under a franchise or management agreement with a participating “Hotel Chain” at the time in question. The participating Hotel Chains are currently Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inn & Suites®, Ramada®, Super 8®, Travelodge®, and Wingate ® by Wyndham, but are subject to change at any time without notice. Travelodge® and Thriftlodge® hotels outside of the United States are not participating in the Wyndham Rewards Program. Participating WH&R Properties means Wyndham branded hotels, resorts or other lodging facilitates in North America, Mexico, Europe, China, Dominican Republic, Panama and Netherlands Antilles, operating under a franchise or management agreement with Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, LLC or one of its affiliates. Visit the Wyndham Rewards website or call Wyndham Rewards Member Services for an up to date list. A “Qualified Stay” means any number of consecutive nights (regardless of check-ins and check-outs) that a Member stays at the same Participating Hotel or Participating WH&R Property (excluding Corinthia associated hotels) at a “Qualifying Rate” and which meets the other conditions included in Section II (B) below. Qualifying Rates include all rates except for the following: employee/family, travel agent, group, wholesale, package transportation/crew and other special contract rates, or free night stays. Most rates available through tour operators and travel websites (excluding Wyndham Rewards.com and the Participating Hotel Chain websites) such as Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, and Orbitz are wholesale rates and therefore do not qualify to earn Wyndham Rewards points, airline miles or rail points. Non-qualifying rates which are specific to Participating WH&R Properties include Wyndham Vacations inventory booked through Expedia which includes another travel component such as airfare or car rental.

Roger Feb 5, 2010 7:48 am

Thanks, Oxon Flyer. That extract shows the participating chains but as far as I can tell, not the participating hotels. There have been cases of hotels in other chains not honouring particular promotions as they were not participating in that offer. Once bitten, twice shy (though it hasn't been a problem for me for some years now).

So I'll assume that all hotels in the Wyndham chains participate.

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Feb 5, 2010 8:06 am

Anyone know if Howard Johnson includes Howard Johnson Express Inns? I found one of the latter in San Antonio, for $31/night, and it's bookable through Wyndhamrewards.com.

mcgahat Feb 5, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks for posting. I have a Knights Inn a few miles from my house that is about $35usd and a Super 8 just a few more miles away that runs about the same so this is a perfect promo for me. Cheaper than buying the miles from BD which I had to do recently to top off an award.

travelkid Feb 5, 2010 10:22 am

Not the best selection in most countries in Europe. Anyone think it would do, just to book and pay, not showing up?
Or "staying" at 2 hotels same day?

iwillflytheworld Feb 5, 2010 10:27 am

So what about "Days Hotels"? This seems to be separate from "Days Inn", even though the logo is the same :confused: .

I'm specifically looking at the Days Hotel Manchester City... bookable through Wyndham Rewards, page title is "Days Inn | Manchester United Kingdom", but nowhere in the description of the hotel it says it's a Days Inn :confused::confused: .

iwillflytheworld Feb 5, 2010 10:28 am

Originally Posted by travelkid (Post 13331845)
Not the best selection in most countries in Europe. Anyone think it would do, just to book and pay, not showing up?

No, T&Cs are clear that no-shows won't qualify even if paid.

Swanhunter Feb 5, 2010 10:40 am

Sadly all the London properties are rather £££. No car makes a trip to the M25 services rather difficult. :rolleyes:

where2travel Feb 5, 2010 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter (Post 13331954)
Sadly all the London properties are rather £££. No car makes a trip to the M25 services rather difficult. :rolleyes:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Even with a car, and starting to add in the extra cost and hassle associated with that, means it's not really worthwhile. Especially for midweek jaunts when I need to factor in getting to/from work.

Strawb Feb 5, 2010 10:53 am

Not all London properties are expensive. The Days Inn London Westminster in Belgravia has a few single rooms going for £35 tonight (excluding breakfast) - not bad at all for a central location. I was tempted myself to book, check-in and not stay as I am only 10 mins away but I'm going to pass. After sitting down and doing the maths it's £10 more than the maximum of £25 I'm prepared to pay for 5000 miles.

orudge Feb 5, 2010 11:38 am

Originally Posted by mith (Post 13330465)
my dad's new 11 digit number has a 1 in front!?!

Users who signed up since the introduction of the new numbers have numbers starting with a 1; existing users begin with a 0 now, I believe.

azepine00 Feb 5, 2010 12:02 pm

The offer is posted on UK version of the website but not on US one. Don't see any obvious restrictions in T&Cs so I assume signing up with US address is not gonna make me ineligible. Any comments on that?

baggageinhall Feb 5, 2010 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Strawb (Post 13332028)
Not all London properties are expensive. The Days Inn London Westminster in Belgravia has a few single rooms going for £35 tonight (excluding breakfast) - not bad at all for a central location. I was tempted myself to book, check-in and not stay as I am only 10 mins away but I'm going to pass. After sitting down and doing the maths it's £10 more than the maximum of £25 I'm prepared to pay for 5000 miles.

I think that has to be the best London rate going unless you live very close to South Mimms or junction 4 of the M1. Even then, it appears to be a last minute rate as other 1 night combinations produce rates of about £70-80.

al613 Feb 5, 2010 12:22 pm

Motel 8 in Gary, In with corp code 67243 is $27 per night. 0,54 cents per mile. Better then USair, not as good as DL SUV rentals for 10k miles per day last year.

mcgahat Feb 5, 2010 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00 (Post 13332464)
The offer is posted on UK version of the website but not on US one. Don't see any obvious restrictions in T&Cs so I assume signing up with US address is not gonna make me ineligible. Any comments on that?

Cant imagine it could make a difference at all since it really is about people crediting their Wyndham stays to BMI.