Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by huhuhusky
I'm not surprised by all the delays, as BMI's IT is not the best, closely resemble United.bomb. Maybe United can think of a 3-way tie in the merger process.
In this case, the problems are mainly at the WR end. Many people are still fighting with WR to get eligible stays credited to their WR accounts.

WR then didn't send the correct file of info over to bmi for a long time, certainly beyond the miles posting deadlines as per the T&Cs.

It is only recently that Diamond Club have joined the 'taking their sweet time' party to get things posted. There were apparently more problems with the data received from WR, but as far as we know, this was then sorted and the miles due to post. Sadly we're still waiting, plus whatever WR has sent over isn't likely to be an accurate reflection of what is due, so we'll be back to square one chasing miles and then trying to get them to post via WR.

The bad reputation that WR has earned on FT has sadly shown itself to be very much justified.
Old May 16, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
I'm not surprised by all the delays, as BMI's IT is not the best, closely resemble United.bomb. Maybe United can think of a 3-way tie in the merger process.
I dunno, in my experience, while United.com has its problems, bmi seems to be far, far worse! I'd welcome the replacement of bmi's site with something resembling United's!
Old May 16, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, BD Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by RAPC
In this case, the problems are mainly at the WR end. Many people are still fighting with WR to get eligible stays credited to their WR accounts.

WR then didn't send the correct file of info over to bmi for a long time, certainly beyond the miles posting deadlines as per the T&Cs.

It is only recently that Diamond Club have joined the 'taking their sweet time' party to get things posted. There were apparently more problems with the data received from WR, but as far as we know, this was then sorted and the miles due to post. Sadly we're still waiting, plus whatever WR has sent over isn't likely to be an accurate reflection of what is due, so we'll be back to square one chasing miles and then trying to get them to post via WR.

The bad reputation that WR has earned on FT has sadly shown itself to be very much justified.
I don't like WR and avoid their properties as much as possible usually. I would not check into one but for this promotion.

However, I always have problems with BD in the past not posting part of my flights on several carriers. Only 3 sectors of a 4 sectors journey posted successfully. Maybe it is only my problem after all, but I did make sure my numbers are on the entire reservation all the time. Amazingly, after their new system, (with all the details posted with flight number and code), all my flights were posted very fast and accurately for me actually. I was amazed and surprised my recent SQ flight was posted already when I checked my account 14.5 hours later right after landing (for a different purpose)!!! ^

BUT, I must say BD is very fast in fixing problems, unlike WR. WR promised to get back to me in 3 days for a problem with my stay during the promotion period. I still haven't heard a thing, and it has been 3 months already!!!
Old May 17, 2010, 12:11 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
However, I always have problems with BD in the past not posting part of my flights on several carriers.
I just realised yesterday that not a single flight I've taken when entered BD as my FFP has posted automatically :O

bmi, bmibaby, star alliance - I had to send in claims for all of them. Yesterday I rang about 4 LH flights taken on 01MAY and 03MAY - only to be told miles were declined, due to name not matching - and I've used my Diamond Club card for check in kiosk
Old May 17, 2010, 1:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I just realised yesterday that not a single flight I've taken when entered BD as my FFP has posted automatically :O
Just goes to show you how strange the tracking systems can be. I've only had to make a couple of retro claims over the years. Flights on the likes of BD, SK, SQ, US, UA, TG, LH and LX have posted pretty much on time every time.
Old May 17, 2010, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RAPC
Just goes to show you how strange the tracking systems can be. I've only had to make a couple of retro claims over the years. Flights on the likes of BD, SK, SQ, US, UA, TG, LH and LX have posted pretty much on time every time.
Same here. Usually post within a few days. My last flight on TG posted in 2 days! ^
Old May 18, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
I really want my miles, I just booked a South America--Transatlantic cruise for next year. I need these miles for my flight back to San Juan. The f miles and cash amount for South America/Caribbean is a great value. If only BMI would post the miles, so I could get my one way TAM F ticket.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:58 am

Programs: PCR-PA, SPG-P, HH-D, Marriott-P
anyone could confirm if Super 8 stay is valid for granting the bonus points?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chris81
anyone could confirm if Super 8 stay is valid for granting the bonus points?
As of now nothing is
Old Nov 17, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Just reviving this thread in case anyone fancies mattress-running for some points.

Days Inn just e-mailed me to say they're offering £25/night rooms at Roadchef properties...

Book now for stays up until 31st January. Might be worth it for 500 points, but please check before you book if it's qualifying, because I haven't checked yet.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
See other thread!

Last edited by Brendan; Dec 1, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.