Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Same here, nothing showing in my WR account.

On Friday I printed out a cpoy of my 500+5000 postings in my WR account. I hope not to have to use them.....

Maybe this disappearance is a sign that the info has been passed on to BD DC.....let's hope so.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
I'm at 6 weeks and 1 day since first stay posted to WR and nothing posted to the BD account. Come on, miles!
Old Mar 21, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Checked in to my local Days Hotel again tonight and found the internet wasn't working; I rang down to complain and they told me it wouldn't be working till morning. I asked for the bill.

Room was comped - proper order and done without asking; so, I asked for the folio and this wouldn't print. So, we agreed a charge of 1c (in legal terms, this is consideration) and was billed accordingly. (I got 5500 miles, 1 cup of decaf coffee, a bottle of water and a mars bar).

Was home 10 minutes later. Perfect solution. ^
Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:34 pm

After chasing my 4 x stays, 3 x have posted and I was told via the email below that the 4th wasn't a qualifiying rate for miles as it was supposedly a deeply discounted rate, although it wasn't advertised as such when I booked.

Can't seem to find anything that points to a particular rate either qualifying or not.

Dear E3A300,

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards(r).

I have reviewed your account and can verify 3 qualifying stays
(02/08/10, 02/22/10 and 02/10/10). However, the stay on 02/19/10 was
non qualifying for miles as it was reserved with a deeply discounted
rate.

To receive the promotion miles you will need to have 1 more qualifying
stay before March 31/2010.

Also, I have verified that you are registered for the BMI Airline
Promotion. You were registered for the promotion on 02/08/2010.

All Wyndham Rewards Members regardless of country of residence that book
and complete up to 4 qualifying stays between February 4, 2010 and
March 31, 2010 will earn 5,000 miles per stay, up to a total of 20,000
miles.

Please note, as per the rules and regulations of the promotion there is
a limit of four bonus point offers per member, regardless of how many
times the member stays during the promotion time frame.

If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at
00-800-367-87477, or via email at
[email protected]. Our Member Services hours of
operation are Mon-Fri 9:00 am to 12:00 am EST, Saturday and Sunday 9:00
am to 10:00 pm EST.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NordsFan
Same here, nothing showing in my WR account.

On Friday I printed out a cpoy of my 500+5000 postings in my WR account. I hope not to have to use them.....

Maybe this disappearance is a sign that the info has been passed on to BD DC.....let's hope so.
Same here. Maybe they have shifted the miles over to BMI?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Hmmm. The one stay (500 + 5000) that had posted to my Wyndham account has now disappeared. There's no orange link anymore and the 'earnings' section of my account is completely empty. Must be time for a smiley for this rotten posting partnership.
And a lot of 23k gone from my WR account. As it's weekend, let's hope that they will appear in DC tomorrow
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by E3A300
After chasing my 4 x stays, 3 x have posted and I was told via the email below that the 4th wasn't a qualifiying rate for miles as it was supposedly a deeply discounted rate, although it wasn't advertised as such when I booked.
Heads up. I had a night booked at the Days Hotel Hounslow (convenient for LHR), and when I arrived it had been mysteriously "cancelled". The desk staff couldn't give my any explanation, but offered to re-book me on "The Rate Offer of the Day". Which sounds suspiciously non-earning.

I wonder if this promo is garnering a bit more interest than expected, and franchisees are approaching the problem creatively?

My points all disappeared today too, although they'd only issued 2 x 500 for 2 stays, and not the 2 x 5k bonus. I feel a lot of gumpy coming on.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
My WR stays/miles are gone as well. I kept all of the receipts, but man, I really wish I would've saved a screen shot of the WR page for an additional record. My bad on that one.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bpoe19
My WR stays/miles are gone as well. I kept all of the receipts, but man, I really wish I would've saved a screen shot of the WR page for an additional record. My bad on that one.
I am sure they have not gone. They are probably doing some IT changes to their site or the miles are getting moved to BMI. Too much of a coincidence that everyones miles have gone.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Well the past stays are back in my WR account now, so it looks like it was a WR IT issue rather than the optimistic 'here come the miles, woo hoo, par-tay!' answer that a few hoped for.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAPC
Well the past stays are back in my WR account now, so it looks like it was a WR IT issue rather than the optimistic 'here come the miles, woo hoo, par-tay!' answer that a few hoped for.
Same here.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by RAPC
+1

Also, when my bmi promo stays disappeared from my WR account, so did my stays last fall when I picked up triple credits on Southwest (WN). Now, everything is back in my WR account.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by sniles
Exactly one week and still no sign of any points in either my Wyndham Rewards profile or BD account. OK, my stays were in China and at Super 8, but still.....
Time to send Wyndham an email.
Two times 500 + 5000 points showed up for my stays after 2 weeks. Still nothing on the BMI end though.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Room was comped - proper order and done without asking; so, I asked for the folio and this wouldn't print. So, we agreed a charge of 1c (in legal terms, this is consideration) and was billed accordingly.
Mrs Sofasurfer and I used two rooms at a Niagara Falls property the weekend before last, and (to try and cut a long story short) had her room comped as I'd already paid for mine (the manager had initially agreed to do 50% off both bills, but said he couldn't do this as I'd already paid mine ).

We flagged that we wanted to ensure that we would earn the miles - and asked about a nominal $0.01 payment, but he said that he didn't know how to do it on their system but after trying to call MR (no answer at 8am on a Saturday) he agreed to call relevant person at WR when they opened, and ensure that the situation would be resolved to what we had agreed (i.e. miles get credited, and he wouldn't check us out until he'd had appropriate instruction).

Called when we got home, he confirmed that he had resolved the matter, and faxed to my office me the copy of the letter he faxed to WR (which I've only just received a week later - but that's cos we have a central fax, internal mail, etc...):

I would like to request you to add the Wyndham Rewards for the above mention reservation. The guest stayed with us on Fri Mar 12,2010 for 1 night, for some reason we gave him complimentary room but we would also like to make sure that guest would receive Wyndham Rewards for his stay. Photocopy of guest reservation details are enclosed for your kind reference.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me at at (xxx) xxx-xxxx or email at [email protected]
Anyway, still no miles (and the wording of the email's a little crap, to say the least, IMO) and I'm not sure what to do next - the claim missing stays/points form on the WR website doesn't seem to be able to give full details, but we'll see what happens...

I'm a bit gutted that we couldn't get them to just do the bloody $0.01 thing, but I think this was down to an inexperienced Revenue Manager - but I'm just not sure what else I can do apart from the above... any suggestions?

[e2a: the 500 + 5000 miles for my room are on the system today, and we'll see what happens re. posting to DC]
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: BD *S, PC Plat, BW Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Checked in to my local Days Hotel again tonight and found the internet wasn't working; I rang down to complain and they told me it wouldn't be working till morning. I asked for the bill.^
Sounds like Park West

Have the points for your stay posted to your RW account yet as mine haven't

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.