Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Old Feb 15, 10, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Lifetime, BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
This thread cracks me up... there are things I will and won't do for 5-20k bmi miles... in the won't category is definately pay 39 of my own money for the pain of a night in the Warrington Ramada Encore - give me my Hilton or Marriott any day

However I've learnt something - I didn't even realise Days Inn/Ramada had a frequent traveller scheme.

Hope you guys keep me laughing

PS: I'd potentially be tempted to spend my employer/client's money on this rather than my usual but then they might get some crazy idea that I'm happy in a room that costs 40 a night... which would not be worth encouraging in the current economy!
Old Feb 15, 10, 3:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by littlevoices View Post
This thread cracks me up... there are things I will and won't do for 5-20k bmi miles... in the won't category is definately pay 39 of my own money for the pain of a night in the Warrington Ramada Encore - give me my Hilton or Marriott any day
Actually I swung by the Warrington Encore this evening as the sister-in-law doesn't live a million miles away and I needed to drop something off for her. I'd take the Encore ahead of a lot of UK Marriotts and Hiltons and I've stayed at quite a few of both of those chains.

I know where you are coming from, but don't assume they are all bad or that 'you get what you pay for' as you'd be very wrong.
Old Feb 15, 10, 4:55 pm

ramada hong kong

Hey all - i've booked the Ramada Hong Kong... do you think this will qualify for the 5,000 points? I noticed China is included but Hong Kong is not... are they just one and the same?!
Old Feb 15, 10, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Gold; Marriott Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by libuser View Post
for those in NJ, Knigts Inn in Atlantic has next weekend for $21.23 a/i or around 13GBP. I wish I were there : ( but still some 170 miles away from where I live.
Wish it wasn't so far away from where Ilive too! that's less than half of what I'm paying for a Days Inn in Central NJ!

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post
Just checked my invoice from the Days stay and noticed it doesn't show the Wyndham number. Didn't present a card at checkin as it hasn't arrived yet, I was assuming that because I'd made the res from my account on the Wyndham Rewards site it would be on the booking anyway.

Now I'm starting to doubt myself......
I completed two stays last week. Wyndham # did not appear on folio when I checked out. Didn't think to look at it at the time, but just checked and saw no number. Checked the Wyndham rewards site and see both stays have already shown up in my account. Nothing showing in BD account yet.

So, I feel confident that the two stays this week (tonight and Weds.) will also show up quickly. It remains to be seen how quickly the BD bonus shows up.
Old Feb 16, 10, 1:40 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat

However I've learnt something - I didn't even realise Days Inn/Ramada had a frequent traveller scheme.

PS: I'd potentially be tempted to spend my employer/client's money on this rather than my usual but then they might get some crazy idea that I'm happy in a room that costs 40 a night... which would not be worth encouraging in the current economy!

I needed 3 rooms for last saturday for a wedding in wetherby so booked the days inn jnct 46 A1 at 59. crap location on a motorway service area but was very impressed with the room, it was far superior to the Hilton ZRH airport at 116 where I stayed 2 weeks ago.
Old Feb 16, 10, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) You don't actually have to stay: just check-in to get your points and sleep comfortably at home or another hotel more to your liking.
2) As far as Hilton goes, except for a handful, most UK Hiltons are truly dire and certainly have little to envy to DaysInn. Ever stayed at Hilton Nottingham, Hilton Newbury (either of them), Hilton Bracknell, Hilton Basingstoke, Hilton Corby (now rebranded HI, afaik), to name a few? My worst UK Hilton experience has to be the annex to the EDI Hilton Grosvenor (the main hotel is OK): gloomy refugee from the heydays of the British 'hospitality' industry of the 1970s (and still charges premium prices for it). Just took one look and walked out immediately and sought refuge at the Airport Marriott.
Compared to this, I find DaysInn actually quite refreshing. Plainly not a luxury experience and locations are anything but glamorous unless you have a fetish for Motorway service areas but the rooms themselves are usually fresher looking and feel more modern and cleaner than any of the above.
Old Feb 16, 10, 8:00 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
2) As far as Hilton goes, except for a handful, most UK Hiltons are truly dire and certainly have little to envy to DaysInn. Ever stayed at .... Hilton Basingstoke ...

Compared to this, I find DaysInn actually quite refreshing. Plainly not a luxury experience and locations are anything but glamorous unless you have a fetish for Motorway service areas but the rooms themselves are usually fresher looking and feel more modern and cleaner than any of the above.

[disclaimer] not participating in the Wyndham frenzy as have too many bmi miles and not enough opportunity to spend them, and am still waiting for a repeat of the Economist bonanza [/disclaimer]

Sorry to stray off topic, but Basingstoke should really be taken of this list of cr*ppy UK Hiltons. They are refurbishing all their rooms (any HH member should get a new one) and they are now as good as any of the European hotels. Lots of the other UK ones, I grant you, are dreadful.
Old Feb 16, 10, 1:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
You just know when this whole thing is going to be a dogs breakfast when you check you account, to see nothing at all has posted, so fill in an online retro-credit form and are asked for "Hotel address", then "Hotel city" then "Hotel country" and finally "Hotel county"

It's not very encouraging when the list for "Hotel county" includes "Barnsley", "Camden", and "Middlesbrough", is it ?
Old Feb 16, 10, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Lifetime, BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I think you missed my point about my own money... I've actually stayed in a few travel lodges and Days Inns in my time and appreciate them for what they are. Having stayed many nights in the Hilton Blackpool I also think I've stayed in the world's worse full service Hilton (though their suites are very nice)

However, with a family balance of ~400k miles plus earning regularly on flights this is one offer I'm not taking advantage of as I suspect the money spent might not be worthwhile by the time I get to spend them!

As I said, it was the humour in the thread (deliberate or otherwise) that was my interest
Old Feb 16, 10, 1:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Good evening Flyertalk - coming to you all live and exclusively from the Ramada Docklands in London.

Tonight I am sampling the delights of the Ramada near the Excel centre in the Docklands. Unlike my stay in Yorkshire over the weekend, this Ramada is not bad at all.

Check-in was quick and efficient with quite possibly the best 'trainee' agent I've had the pleasure to check in with at a hotel. No rewards number on file, but it was soon added. As a Rewards member he also changed my room for a slightly better view (I've gone from dustbin view to DLR view apparently) and handed over a snack bag with a bottle of Evian, a 4 finger Kit-Kat and a bag of Walkers Ready Salted.

The hotel itself is pretty modern and my room is a decent size with a queen bed, sofa, table and work area. The furniture is a bit scuffed in places, but that is the only noticeable flaw. Wireless internet is free as I'm close enough to the lobby to access their free connection.

Overall scores from me:

Check-in 10/10
Room size: 9/10
Cleanliness: 10/10
Furnishings: 9/10

Although a lot of us are using this promo to find the cheapest rooms we can and not really stay at the properties, I've actually stayed here for a work trip and been impressed enough to consider it again in the future. I won't get an upgrade and lounge access like I do at the Le Meridien Piccadilly which is my regular London hotel, but it is a perfectly acceptable alternative even taking travel time into account to and from our offices.
Old Feb 17, 10, 3:57 am

Programs: IHG-GA SPG-Gold Aclub-Gold HU-Sliver
Smile

Originally Posted by abcx View Post
Well, on further thought, I've decided that this is not good value after all. Here's why:

Zone 3 to Zone 1 rt in C is: 37500 + 210GBP = 37.5k + $330 + YQ of at least $250.
Cost = $300 (@$40/night * 7.5 nights) + $330 + $250 = $880.

The same could have been had for $700 on US during the TIB promotion. So, good for a C class ticket if you didn't splurge on TIB, but not that great otherwise. Anyone care to dispute my analysis?
If we just focus on one or severl specifically line, maybe it just like your said.
However,generally speaking, it's a good bargain.
Old Feb 17, 10, 3:45 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Originally Posted by kawoh View Post
Hey all - i've booked the Ramada Hong Kong... do you think this will qualify for the 5,000 points? I noticed China is included but Hong Kong is not... are they just one and the same?!

its actually my same question. i have a night booked here as well. i guess its included
Old Feb 18, 10, 10:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Their response to my retro credit request :

Dear Oxon,

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards(r).

The points for your stay at the Days Inn(r) in Hixville, GB on February 98th,
2010 and the Days Inn in Buthole, GB on February 99th, 2010 should
be credited to your account 6 weeks after the check-out date of your
hotel stay, if the stay was a qualifying rate.

Please keep a copy of your receipt. If after 6 weeks the points do not
post to your account please contact us.
My specific question on wheter the membership number carries forward into the booking when you make it when logged in to your account was ignored.

Oh joy.
Old Feb 18, 10, 11:06 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I sent in a retro-credit request from their website, and the response indicated that the stay has already been credited to my account. Imagine my surprise when I checked my online WR account to find... it had not been credited!

I bet this is going to be a nightmare, getting these BMI miles from this promo. Last night, I needed a hotel somewhere near Seattle and couldn't be bothered to sleep at one of their properties at the risk of not even getting the BMI miles in the end.
Old Feb 18, 10, 1:44 pm

Programs: Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post
My specific question on wheter the membership number carries forward into the booking when you make it when logged in to your account was ignored.

Oh joy.
It carries into the booking confirmation email you receive. When getting to the actual hotel, it doesn't carry into their information.

So, 6 weeks for WR credit, then another 6-8 for BMI? By early June, those points should credit...

Oh joy.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: