Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just checked my invoice from the Days stay and noticed it doesn't show the Wyndham number. Didn't present a card at checkin as it hasn't arrived yet, I was assuming that because I'd made the res from my account on the Wyndham Rewards site it would be on the booking anyway.

Now I'm starting to doubt myself......
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:36 pm

for those in NJ, Knigts Inn in Atlantic has next weekend for $21.23 a/i or around 13GBP. I wish I were there : ( but still some 170 miles away from where I live.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just checked my invoice from the Days stay and noticed it doesn't show the Wyndham number. Didn't present a card at checkin as it hasn't arrived yet, I was assuming that because I'd made the res from my account on the Wyndham Rewards site it would be on the booking anyway.

I just completed my 4th Days Inn stay and none of the receipts had my WR number on them, but each time they confirmed in was in the system. And 2 of the 4 stays have posted to the Wyndham Rewards page along with one of 5k bonuses as well. Probably nothing to worry about, but may want to call just to be completely sure.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer

As I think I may have mentioned earlier in the thread, W Rewards and their systems are patchy at best and seldom make it to the hotels. (In the UK at least) The best advice is to take a note of your number and ask for it to be added at check-in if it isn't logged on their system.

That said, I still think we'll mainly be retro-claiming for these no matter what.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
Well, on further thought, I've decided that this is not good value after all. Here's why:

Zone 3 to Zone 1 rt in C is: 37500 + 210GBP = 37.5k + $330 + YQ of at least $250.
Cost = $300 (@$40/night * 7.5 nights) + $330 + $250 = $880.

The same could have been had for $700 on US during the TIB promotion. So, good for a C class ticket if you didn't splurge on TIB, but not that great otherwise. Anyone care to dispute my analysis?
Agreed. But if you are headed someplace already and need a hotel regardless, then it is a good promo.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:53 pm
soy

Programs: various
I think a retro claim is inevitable. Just completed 4 $50 travelodge stays (none longer than 10mins, reverted to my Hilton room instead) in Boston this week. None have posted to Wyndham Rewards yet, nevermind DC. WR website suggests that it can take 4-6 weeks after stay for miles to post.
From what I can see (after looking at WR forum) WR may be worse than DC when it comes to crediting stays.

Still there is no pleasure without pain in the DC world, so onwards into battle for my 20k
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RAPC
A quick update via text message from the sister-in-law who has checked in to the Ramada Encore in Warrington this evening. Text speak has been updated to normal English
I've been there last night as well - got me water and KitKat in Wyndham Reward paper bag

Actually, the room was ok. I've stayed in worse, yet more expensive places.

And, even that I made a booking through WR website, receptionist had to enter the number again at the check-in. And it doesn't show on any receipt. I'll have to wait and see.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
So what about "Days Hotels"? This seems to be separate from "Days Inn", even though the logo is the same .
I wondered that as well. Looking at the DaysInn directory, it would seem that there are no less than 4 sub-brands under the DaysInn portmanteau: DaysInn 'proper', Days Hotels, Days Suites and DaysInn & suites. The distinction between DaysInn and Days hotels seems to be that the former are meant to be located near motorways and airports whereas the latter tend to be located in more urban areas "where the benefits of a full service hotel are ideal" . Days hotels are meant to offer "additional amenities" such as "restaurants, lounges ... and exercise centers".
Then again, the M11 at the STN interchange service area has a DaysInn and a Days Hotel next to each other...
My guess is that all DaysX properties should be regarded as DaysInn properties and, as such, eligible provided they are located in the relevant countries.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:36 pm
2mg

Originally Posted by bpoe19
I just completed my 4th Days Inn stay and none of the receipts had my WR number on them, but each time they confirmed in was in the system. And 2 of the 4 stays have posted to the Wyndham Rewards page along with one of 5k bonuses as well. Probably nothing to worry about, but may want to call just to be completely sure.
One of my Travelodge stays posted, but at 500 miles. Are we getting the "traditional" points for each stay AND the 5000 bonus? Wonder if this is suppose to read 5000 and not 500 and at what point I contact Wyndham.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 2mg
One of my Travelodge stays posted, but at 500 miles. Are we getting the "traditional" points for each stay AND the 5000 bonus? Wonder if this is suppose to read 5000 and not 500 and at what point I contact Wyndham.
I suppose the 5000 are "bonus" and will/should be in addition to the "traditional" ones for a stay?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by 2mg
It's in addition to it. In essence, 4 stays should net you 22k miles total.

My stays have posted after 3 days with the 500 miles and a separate 5k bonus posting on the 4th day so far.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Ramada 50% Off Back Again (But only for Stays through March 31)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...arch-31-a.html

i hope this is a qualifying rate ^
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jexelot
i hope this is a qualifying rate ^
Originally Posted by 50% off T&Cs
* You must book between February 8th (12:00pm EST) and February 12th (11:50pm EST), 2010 through this Web page only. Stays need to be completed by March 31st, 2010 to qualify. Rooms at this discounted rate are limited and subject to availability at participating Ramada® properties in the Americas. Other restrictions may apply. This is a non-commissionable rate that doesn't qualify for Wyndham Rewards® points or miles."
So, no: it does not qualify.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 5:48 am

Programs: Various memberships
Just completed my 3rd stay - nothing posted yet but last night I asked if my rewards number was on the booking and the receptionist said no but it was entered manually there and then.

Have sent an enquiry to Wyndham to make sure (but the reservation E-mails did include the reward number!).

Probably the same IT system as our favourite airline :-)
Old Feb 14, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by TheEngineer
Just completed my 3rd stay - nothing posted yet but last night I asked if my rewards number was on the booking and the receptionist said no but it was entered manually there and then.

Have sent an enquiry to Wyndham to make sure (but the reservation E-mails did include the reward number!).

Probably the same IT system as our favourite airline :-)
A concern of mine as well. I did not ask on my first stay but will ask from now on as nothing has posted. I was actually waiting to see how things post before making a run to finish the final stays. The super 8 that I made my first stay at was a little backwards in their operating style so it would not surprise me if the stay does not post automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.