Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Old Feb 8, 10, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by raikje View Post
Hmmm... So, 4x no-shows in a $30/night Hicksville, USA property, anyone?
Look at the 2nd post in this thread. I would be wary of doing this.
Old Feb 8, 10, 2:05 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Yeah, I got a bit ahead of myself, then went to reread the terms. Oh well!
Old Feb 8, 10, 2:33 pm

Programs: baec, m&m
Sorry to go over old ground.

But when entering my bmi membership no which has one 0 do I simply add three more 0's to futureproof.

Diamond Club still down so can't log in to check.

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 10, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K/1.8MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Saw this promo on the weekend and signed up for the WR program.

I've just made my online booking for the first stay at the HoJo near YQB.

Got a decent price, $69.99CAD, $81.32CAD with taxes, so about £48.50 at today's exchange rate.

The hotel is an easy 7.5 km drive from my home and I would NEVER, EVER stay there for any reason whatsoever ! The place is across the road from 2 very busy strip clubs which generate a fair amount of "secondary trade" in that part of town.....

I will drop by on the way home from work in about 90 minutes, take care of check-in and have a look at the room just for laughs.

I'll drop by again in the morning on the way to the office to check-out; it's a slight detour, but the cause is a good one: 5000 DC miles, on the way to 20,000 ! There is a free Continental breakfast included, so maybe I'll try it !

Currently sitting at 27,750 DC miles, so this promo will get me up closer to the 45,000-50,000 range and will build on my HH Double Dip miles which I credit to my bmi account.
Old Feb 8, 10, 7:59 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Does anyone have any experience with regard to walk-in stays? In other words, I show up up at the hotel, ask if they have a room free and, if so, booking it for the night.

So long as I put my Wyndham # on the file, will it count towards this promo? Or do I need to book my room ahead of time?
Old Feb 8, 10, 8:41 pm

more questions

both my kids (9 and 7) have BMI accounts. any thoughts or experiences with book hotel rooms in their names where we stay together? book 4 rooms - one for each of us?

I can't stay overnight for sure 4 times before the end of feb unless we do it as a family in some way as outlined above and even then not 4 times - what do you think my risk is of checking in and not checking out at the front desk next morning to not get the points - assuming I am diligent to get the receipts faxed to me after the stay?
Old Feb 8, 10, 9:17 pm

Does anyone know if it would be possible to have 2 accounts under my name and get the promotion on both? Maybe just changing one letter in my name.
Old Feb 8, 10, 9:52 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by dustenm View Post
Does anyone know if it would be possible to have 2 accounts under my name and get the promotion on both? Maybe just changing one letter in my name.
What?? This would NOT be allowed. If you were doing this, expect to find your accounts closed.
Old Feb 8, 10, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by dazz81 View Post
What?? This would NOT be allowed. If you were doing this, expect to find your accounts closed.

Ok, so then that is not an option to do. I am trying to figure out how to also get the points for my girlfriend who lives overseas. I wondering If I make 2 reservations one under my name and one under hers but use my credit card for both if the hotel will allow me to checkin for her since its my card and I am paying? I could just say she is coming later and I want to checkin and pay for the room for her right?
Old Feb 9, 10, 7:51 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K/1.8MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Trip report for stay #1.....

Drove down to the YQB HoJo after work yesterday evening and checked in. Told the desk clerk that I might not use the room, so could I pay up now ? This was not a problem and I quickly had my "paid up" invoice in hand showing $0.00.

I must say that desk clerk Faye was very courteous and efficient, making sure that my WR number was on the invoice.

Just on principle, I checked out the room, which was better than I expected. Simple and plain, but seemed clean enough.

Apparently the Harlem Globetrotters stayed here last time they were in town in April 2009 ! There was a red-white-blue basketball in a glass case on the reception desk

Went home for the night and dropped back in at the hotel around 0900 this morning after a nearby breakfast meeting to give them the card-keys back. No issues there, told the clerk that I had settled up last night, so he sent me on my way.

Now to plan for Stay #2 ! Maybe I'll use same property on Thursday night as the price has gone down $0.04 to $ 69.95 !!!
Old Feb 9, 10, 8:15 am

Note to self. Explain the points thing to my wife before I start checking into the "Knights Inn" down the road every other day.
Old Feb 9, 10, 8:57 am

btw for cheap taxes on awards, this is what I found from WAS region:
CUN is 34GBP
NRT 15GBP
everything else looked ridiculously expensive. Those might be the only 2 destinations that I might book, so just fyi.
For referrence DCA - DSM 42GBP, but a rev tix is around 90GBP. This program sucks, but for a few destinations is well worth it...
Old Feb 9, 10, 9:38 am

Programs: Various memberships
Can I just clarify the T's and C's

You need to stay once before the end of Feb and then can complete up to 3 more stays by 28 March?

That is how I read it - anyone else?
Old Feb 9, 10, 9:44 am

Programs: Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
I think you have to check in for all of them before 28FEB, but any stay has to be complete by the 28MAR. So, if you book in for 28FEB, your stay has to finish by 28MAR.
Old Feb 9, 10, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by jms_uk View Post
I think you have to check in for all of them before 28FEB, but any stay has to be complete by the 28MAR. So, if you book in for 28FEB, your stay has to finish by 28MAR.
Correct.

Here are the T&Cs from the Wyndham site:

Eligibility. The “Stay and Get 5,000 Bonus Miles” promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to members, in good standing, of the Wyndham Rewards Guest Rewards Program (“Wyndham Rewards”) who have elected to earn bmi Diamond Club destinations miles in their member profile. To qualify for 5,000 destinations miles with Diamond Club, the member must (i) Join Wyndham Rewards and choose to earn bmi Diamond Club destinations miles in his/her Wyndham Rewards member profile (ii) book a reservation for and complete a stay at a hotel participating in the Wyndham Rewards programme at a qualifying rate between 3 February 2010 and 28 February 2010 (the “Promotion Period”) and (iii) complete their stay by 28 March 2010. Members who check-out after 28 March 2010 will not receive any bonus miles. Rates offered by most online travel agencies and certain other rates such as wholesale, group, packaged and employee rates do not qualify for this promotion. Qualifying Stays do not include “no-shows” for a stay even if the member is charged for the stay. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Limit four (4) bonus mile awards per member during the Promotion Period. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of the qualifying stays for the destinations miles to be credited to their Diamond Club accounts. Hotels participating in this promotion are Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inn & Suites® Ramada®, Super 8®, Travelodge® (US hotels only), Wingate® by Wyndham and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® branded hotels. Click here for the full list of countries in which there are participating hotels. Wyndham Hotel Group reserves the right to change these terms and conditions and to withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
All standard bmi Diamond Club terms and conditions apply.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: