Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: The DC redemption "Is this Route Allowed ?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: The DC redemption "Is this Route Allowed ?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 4:58 am

I've got a slight variation that after a search doesn't seem to have come up to-date.

A few weeks ago, I took a £600 VDB voucher after agreeing to switch from the BD121 to the BD123 when there was an aircraft swap.

I'd quite like to use it for a C+M redemption to JFK, however I understand that it needs to be used on BD flights. Is it going to be possible to book a MAN-LHR-ZRH-JFK with the first leg on BD and the rest on LX using a C+M redemption in F?

Logistically how would I get it ticketed? I understand that I'd need to go to the ticket desk at LHR to use the voucher, so would I call the ICC to get the booking held, then pay there using the voucher and the rest on my card? Any advice appreciated.
Old May 17, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Dave_C
I've got a slight variation that after a search doesn't seem to have come up to-date.

A few weeks ago, I took a £600 VDB voucher after agreeing to switch from the BD121 to the BD123 when there was an aircraft swap.

I'd quite like to use it for a C+M redemption to JFK, however I understand that it needs to be used on BD flights. Is it going to be possible to book a MAN-LHR-ZRH-JFK with the first leg on BD and the rest on LX using a C+M redemption in F?

Logistically how would I get it ticketed? I understand that I'd need to go to the ticket desk at LHR to use the voucher, so would I call the ICC to get the booking held, then pay there using the voucher and the rest on my card? Any advice appreciated.
I would love to be on the line as you explained that to the ICC. I can just hear the sound of someone's head exploding.

Seriously, this sounds complicated and fraught with difficulties. In your position, I would send a PM to Joanna (handle: diamond club) to seek her guidance as to (a) whether the entire thing has to be used on BMI metal and (b) whether there is a way of the ICC accepting it.
Old May 17, 2010, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by view
I want to go to Europe from HKG with a stop in SGN. Can I route HKG-SGN-BKK-LHR, even though it's a little detour?
To answer my own question, this did in fact work out. HKG-SGN-BKK-LHR-OSL was booked as a Z8-Z2 redemption. To start off, they did want to charge me Z8-Z1 and Z1-Z2, which I didn't accept. Perhaps it seemed as if I wanted to ditch the last leg, but when explaning where I lived (which they also see in my profile), it went through.
Old May 17, 2010, 6:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
You got bumped from the first LHR-DUB flight of the day onto the second, and got £600 in compensation. Seriously ?
Old May 17, 2010, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
You got bumped from the first LHR-DUB flight of the day onto the second, and got £600 in compensation. Seriously ?
Yup, they swapped from a 319 to a 319, but the one with the closet at the front, so it had five less seats. The call when out for five volunteers for either £300 cash or £600 in vouchers (the other four volunteers went for the cash). To say I ran to the podium was an understatement! I spent the rest of the morning in the lounge catching up on Glee.

If all else fails, the voucher says it can be converted to cash at 50% of its face value, i.e. £300 and I can use that, however I would ideally like to use their full value.

When I've found the right dates with availability, I'll give it a go (never called the ICC before) and see what happens, failing that I'll try PTS, and failing that Joanna. Wish me luck!
Old May 17, 2010, 7:04 am

Yup, they swapped from a 319 to a 319, but the one with the closet at the front, so it had five less seats. The call when out for five volunteers for either £300 cash or £600 in vouchers (the other four volunteers went for the cash). To say I ran to the podium was an understatement! I spent the rest of the morning in the lounge catching up on Glee.

If all else fails, the voucher says it can be converted to cash at 50% of its face value, i.e. £300 and I can use that, however I would ideally like to use their full value.

When I've found the right dates with availability, I'll give it a go (never called the ICC before) and see what happens, failing that I'll try PTS, and failing that Joanna. Wish me luck!
You've never rung the ICC before and you have a voucher. Oh please, please, please let me come round and watch. I live in Putney too so it's no real hardship!

Not sure who's head will explode first.
Old May 17, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by baggageinhall
Oh please, please, please let me come round and watch.
Remember to take your camera, film it and upload to Youtube. It'll be a guaranteed hit!
Old May 17, 2010, 7:30 am

I've been a BA loyalist but have only started collecting BMI miles recently as BA don't go to Dublin and the earning on EI is useless.

Another potential snafu I've just seen is the whole family membership thingmy. I assumed that when you wanted to make a redemption they would take the miles out of the accounts on the same pro rata basis that BA do.

However it seems as though I have to transfer the miles from the individual accounts to mine to make the redemption (even though the redemption is for the person in the HHA). However there's 9,000 of signup bonus there which I gather the transfer of which isn't working. BMI don't make things simple do they.
Old May 17, 2010, 7:34 am

BMI don't make things simple do they.
Bingo!
Old May 19, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Looking to get back to Europe from Japan in July, but can't see any availability on westbound flights in J from NRT. I can however see availability on NH to ORD. Any thoughts on whether NRT-ORD-ZRH-CPH will be permissible as a Z8-2 routing?
Old May 19, 2010, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by patgarrett
Looking to get back to Europe from Japan in July, but can't see any availability on westbound flights in J from NRT. I can however see availability on NH to ORD. Any thoughts on whether NRT-ORD-ZRH-CPH will be permissible as a Z8-2 routing?
Can't see how you'd get that one through as it is 11,307 miles vs 6,567 miles. Probabaly a Z8-Z3 and a Z3-Z2 at best.

We had problems getting back to the UK from Japan in August as well. Eventually we got a route via HKG, but it took some finding.
Old May 20, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
I need to book the following one way tickets:

BOM - ORD (Stop Over) - SEA

SEA - ORD (Stop Over) - NYC (Stop Over) - BOM

I assume the 2nd ticket - SEA - BOM will not be bookable due to the two stop overs correct? Can I do a stop over and open jaw in the same one way ticket?

Thanks!
Old May 21, 2010, 12:08 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
LHR - AMM - (transit) - CAI - stop-over - DXB

Likely to accepted as one-way Z1-5?

There is nothing available LHR - CAI - stop-over - DXB

Thanks.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by NoY
LHR - AMM - (transit) - CAI - stop-over - DXB

Likely to accepted as one-way Z1-5?

There is nothing available LHR - CAI - stop-over - DXB

Thanks.
I see little wrong with that. The * timetable has BEY instead of AMM as a valid routing so not much difference.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
....or ask BD for a seat release on LHR-CAI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.