Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

LOT drops fuel surcharge on awards. Will bmi pass on?

Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR

As per this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...surcharge.html LOT has dropped fuel surcharges for award tickets. This certainly applies for M&M award seats - we need some clarity from DC if they are applying it as well.

Read and weap .... LOT J (up with LH J according to FT) comes up at 25.90 taxes and surcharges to New York! Toronto and Chicago also available.

The problem, I guess, is that LHR-WAW-JFK may be seen as backtracking. I can't get M&M to bring it up as a routing. However, if minimising taxes is your game then you will want to pay cash for LHR-WAW to save the APD anyway (wizzair ex Luton is an option for a 35 fare). Not sure if Larnaca or Tel Aviv would be seen as direct.

SAS has also gone the same way according to FT.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
2 hopes of DC following suit and dear old Bob is no longer with us.

A load of DC members with miles to burn and the fuel surchages being a nice source of income. Hmmm, can't see that happening any time soon.

As for getting clarity from DC. Well as we haven't had any for anything else in the past month or two, don't go holding your breath. They have a number of other issues that could do with giving us some 'clarity' on.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
We know...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...ub-follow.html

and...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...precedent.html
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
If DC's Amadeus booking engine uses a full J as an example of calculating the taxes, then the fuel surcharges maybe added to DC bookings. What LH does need not apply to DC.
Old May 28, 2010, 7:32 pm

LOT YQ waived on redemption booking?

Hi,

I know from Miles & More that the fuel surcharges for LOT flights are not paid by the pax - only standard taxes and fees.
Is this the same for redemption bookings on LOT operated flights made through the DC?
Any experiences?

Thanks
Old May 30, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: NW Silver, BD Silver
YQ charged from my last/only experience.

OW WAW-LHR in Y -> 22.10YQ 14.0XT
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:34 am

I recently searched awards on M&M.
LOT had the same fuel surcharges and fees as other the carriers.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: Miles and More
Wink

Originally Posted by alterman
I recently searched awards on M&M.
LOT had the same fuel surcharges and fees as other the carriers.
Not sure which "other carriers" you are talking about, but for me 32 Euros of taxes for TATL flight seems rather good. And you can get it on M&M site in one minute.
Last time when I was speaking to ICC, out of curiosity I have asked about taxes on european LOT flight ex-WAW and the taxes came as usual with the fuel surcharge included.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 2:56 pm

I searched TLV-WAW and other european cities. I found that there were no difference between LH, Swiss, Austrian or LOT.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL Plat (comped), BD
For M&M definitely so

LH FRA-NYC 10/11 to 16/11 $284 ($226 YQ) in taxes and fees

LO WAW-NYC 10/11 to 16/11 $37 in taxes and fees ^

Both are direct flights. Did not find XXX-WAW-NYC and XXX-FRA-NYC for a direct comparison.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 4:40 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Felixberlin
Both are direct flights. Did not find XXX-WAW-NYC and XXX-FRA-NYC for a direct comparison.
You have to call for that. Taxes on FRA-WAW-JFK//EWR-WAW-DUS totalled to about 65€ in March for a C-award unsing M&M-mileage.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:36 am

Does BMI charge YQ on SAS and LOT awards?

LOT and SAS have stopped ripping off their ff members with YQ charges on award tickets from their own programs. I would assume that this would mean that BMI would not charge YQ on a partner award with BMI miles on one of these airlines. Correct?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
not correct.

I dont know about SAS, but they sure still charge for LOT.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:10 am

Last I heard SK redemptions are charged a ton of YQ. It's true that SK does not charge it to its own members, but I am not sure if it implies that SK charges it for partner awards, i.e. BD awards on SK. If not, then it's BD that pockets some extra profit.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:42 am

YQ is a ripoff of consumers to begin with, but if an airline charges it allegedly on behalf of a second airline that does not, in fact, charge it at all, then that is nothing but fraud and they ought to be nailed for it.

An honest airline that wants to figure fuel seperately does it as a Q charge as part of the fare, not a thoroughly dishonest YQ as part of the taxes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.