Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC Partner: No Continental reward seats avaliable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Partner: No Continental reward seats avaliable?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, BEAC Blue, MA Gold, FB Gold, Flybe useless exec card HH Gold SPG Plat
No Continental reward seats avaliable?

Just been searching on the ANA tool for a return in April EDI-EWR and nothing. Infact norhing for the whole year.
Have *A award seats not been released yet, or is this an incredibly bust route.
TIA
tomvonc
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:18 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Something similar occurs on the DUB-EWR route and US's DUB-PHL route; my experience there is that there is availability outbound, but nothing at all on the return for any dates whatever. As bad situations go, it's bearable as you can take the short direct flight during the day, and then book a longer connecting flight home and sleep on the way to FRA or wherever.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, BEAC Blue, MA Gold, FB Gold, Flybe useless exec card HH Gold SPG Plat
We're after a long weekend in NYC, time is of the essence. So would be nice to keep travel time down to a min rather than fannying about a 'hub' for a few hours.
Regards
Tomvonc
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by tomvonc
We're after a long weekend in NYC, time is of the essence. So would be nice to keep travel time down to a min rather than fannying about a 'hub' for a few hours.
Regards
Tomvonc
CO TA award seats are traditionally difficult to score, especially in C. As always with award flights a little flexibility with routing goes a long way
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've been looking on and off since CO joined and from what I've seen on EDI-EWR availability, what little there is tends to be for the Tue and Wed flights. For example, the only seat in April is a lonely singleton in C on the 13th. There are a few pairs now in C or Y for the end of Jan (Tue or Wed again) and you can place your own interpretation on this - either CO may release some extra seats closer to the time, or nobody wants the hassle of travelling to the US at the moment.

In any event, you might have to adopt a very liberal definition of "long weekend" to have much chance.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 6:00 am

I noticed that for TXL, they only have availability tuesdays.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
I was looking to book a friend EWR-HKG-EWR today and found seats in business class for when I wanted (2 weeks time). I ended up booking her on CX with my BA miles as I couldn't face calling the dreaded ICC.

B
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just been searching on the ANA tool for a return in April EDI-EWR and nothing. Infact norhing for the whole year.
Have *A award seats not been released yet, or is this an incredibly bust route.
TIA
tomvonc
Suppose it doesn't help when it's a 757 on the route either. FWIW I was considering using CO from EZE-GLA via the States however getting out of EZE proved impossible never mind finding any availability on the GLA flights.
Using CO own redemption tool does make it easier to search for non availability.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Not our ideal times, but a couple of C seats available in late Feb.
May just have tobook these. Who are the best people to call?
TIA Tom
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Who are the best people to call?
You mean for a redemption booking? You'll just need to call the ICC (0845 608 7788 for BD*G) and take your chances.

If it's a straight EDI-EWR return you won't have any problems. Probably. Taxes on that return should be approx Ł247 pp for C.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Suppose it doesn't help when it's a 757 on the route either.
Why not? Roughly same number of total seats as the 762s they fly, though the Y/C ratio is slightly different.

The "problem" is that they seem to sell quite a number of seats to paying passengers so they don't often have reward seats. Also it is a bit far out on the calendar to see summer TATL reward inventory for CO. It usually shows up closer to travel time.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:38 am

No Joy for Belfast to Newar Direct

Just off the phone with the useless centre in India. Apparently there is no reward availability on any of the BFS-EWR for the whole year. Why they not releasing any seats on that service then???? Anyone???
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by lisbon1967
Just off the phone with the useless centre in India. Apparently there is no reward availability on any of the BFS-EWR for the whole year. Why they not releasing any seats on that service then???? Anyone???
Have you checked on ANA to verify what they told you ? The call centre can't really be held resposnible for CO not releasing award inventory.....
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CheeseToastie
You mean for a redemption booking? You'll just need to call the ICC (0845 608 7788 for BD*G) and take your chances.

If it's a straight EDI-EWR return you won't have any problems. Probably. Taxes on that return should be approx Ł247 pp for C.
7 calls it took. Most were damnright rude when I insisted that CO were now part of *A' Eventually got something booked (23th Feb 2nd March in C for just 186 in taxes each.

Got there in the end. Frst time for me using the ICC Whew, now I know what all the fuss is about.

Fantastic route btw. No more hanging around a hub waiting for a connecting flight. Just a 5 min walk to the car park.

What equipment is used in that route? I assumme it's a 757, What's business class like? Assumming no lie flat beds.

TIA
tomvonc
Old Jan 14, 2010, 1:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

It is indeed a 757 service - I flew BusinessFirst last week on the CO37.

The hard product is nothing to write home about - think vintage BA Cradle Seat. Movement in and out of the seat is a little tricky when the seat in front is in full reline. IFE offering is on demand, a small screen pops out of the seat pocket. Limited selection of films/TV shows/music, content appealing more to white anglo saxon male baby boomers than any other demographic.

Where there are noticeable deficiencies in the hard product, it was offset by the service on board. I was looked after very nicely by the crew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.