Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BA are matching all BMI Silver/Golds on the newly suspended routes...

Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum

As already being discussed in the BA forum, BAEC are matching all DC status holders in Israel, Belgium, Ukraine, and the Netherlands.

I wonder how many of the members taking advantage of this offer, were statues matched by DC in the first place...

From ba.com:

Calling all bmi Diamond Club card holders

Fly with British Airways – and we will match your bmi Diamond Club status

From January 2010, bmi will no longer fly from London to Brussels, Kiev and Tel Aviv in March, services to and from Amsterdam will also be suspended. But British Airways still covers your route and we believe that every business traveller deserves the benefits and services provided by the British Airways Executive Club.

British Airways will match your current bmi Diamond Club status whether or not you are an existing member of the Executive Club.

If you have bmi Diamond Club Silver status, we will give you a Executive Club Silver card, and if you have Gold status, you’ll become a Gold member with us. That means you don’t have to start building up Tier Points from scratch, and benefit from Silver or Gold membership straight away...

Last edited by clubman; Jan 11, 2010 at 1:50 am
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:43 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Wow!

Shame I lost my BD*G
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:52 am

Do you have a link for this as I've been to ba.com and can't find it. Will give it a try depending on the T&C's

Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
I'm going to assume that my BA Executive Club account would have to have been registered to an address in one of the eligible countries - before the offer was announced - in order to qualify....

...unless the T&Cs say otherwise!

A search of ba.com doesn't bring this offer up however, does the OP have a link please?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:56 am

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
Time for me to 'move' to the Netherlands I think

Matching gold for gold is brilliant. BA silver is close enough to *G, BA gold gives you access to things that bmi doesn't have like first class lounges, etc.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Appears only to be good for residents of Belgium, Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...h/public/en_il

Terms and conditions
This promotion is valid for new and existing British Airways Executive Club members resident in Belgium, Israel, The Netherlands and Ukraine who are also members of the bmi Diamond Club frequent traveller programme. The information on the bmi card needs to match the British Airways Executive Club profile and we will match the bmi Diamond Club tier status that is valid at the time the application is submitted. The upgrade to the respective Executive Club tier and card issuance will happen within 4 weeks after the application has been received. Card applications must be sent the above mentioned fax number or email address and must be received by 14 February 2010 (The Netherlands 31 March 2010) at the latest. British Airways reserves the right to verify the eligibility of members, and to withhold status transfer in any case where the applicant’s qualification for this offer is unclear. British Airways Executive Club General Conditions apply.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 3:06 am

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...h/public/en_nl

Residents of the mentioned countries only.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat
It's a shame BA are being short sighted about it with regards to UK residents IMHO. Brussels, Amsterdam, etc. aren't hubs for BA and I'd guess residents of those locations would be part of another program anyway which would be their primary program; SkyTeam, etc.

Giving them the opportunity to go BA Silver or Gold seems a hollow exercise that the FF wouldn't really be able to take advantage of. Think about end of year renewal time, would they really get enough TPs or qualifying flights to make it worthwhile? If I was BA and was serious about taking pax from another FF program I'd offer it to UK residents on BMI *A cards. It would make the status match much more worthwhile to the FF and give them an incentive to move away from from *A. BA after all serve most *A routes out of LHR. I'd be up for that, but as there's no incentive for me as a UK resident I'll concentrate on KL/SkyTeam now for the AMS route. I guess BA will lose out on the 90+ flights I took last year with *A and SkyTeam.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 7:50 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Cool! I just booked my first ever BA trip a couple of days ago, at least now I'll be a Gold when I'm travelling...

(BTW, I earned my BD Gold "the hard way", i.e. by starting from stratch and then flying a wee bit)
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Can't they extend this to Dublin given that sooner or later BD is gone from here too??
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by OttoMH
Wow!

Shame I lost my BD*G
Crap. Me too. I am sure you got a 'soft landing' to Silver too.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...h/public/en_nl

Residents of the mentioned countries only.
I became a new resident of the Kindgom of the Royal Niederlande
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: BDLG, BAEC Silver, Skyteam pleb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Nice timing for me

Just as I was beginning to despair, this pops up and sorts the decision to fly BA rather than KLM after the end of March.

Works for me.

20-Horse
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: BA VS Gold; Hyatt Accor Marriott SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mattk
It's a shame BA are being short sighted about it with regards to UK residents ...
Short-sighted, perhaps, "unfair", surely.

I flew BD MAN-LHR-TLV several times last year, and am sorry to see it go - especially the excellent E+ offering (work won't pay C!)

My *A options now look to be LH via FRA (arriving TLV 03:45) or SN via BRU (returning flight departs 01:20, and both ways on an A319!).

Neither are my idea of fun, and neither offer E+, unlike BA.

The offer of status matching only to those at the "other end" of discontinued routes just adds insult to injury...right in the "kanickies", as another Dutch Goldmember (maybe he was status-matched by BA) would say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.