Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2010)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2010, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Just booked a SIN-SYD-AKL Redemption for two through Sheetal ^^^^

Took under 10 minutes from start to finish.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 3P
Originally Posted by OttoMH
That would be Z3-Z9 at 80k miles. Make sure you tell the agent that your time in Zone 8 is a stop-over. If you book the trip as a return you will only be allowed 1 stop over on either the outbound or the return. However, if you book this as two one-way trips you will be allowed 1 stop-over on each direction. However, the down side is that you need to pay the change or cancel fee twice if you need to modify the booking.

I haven't been following the discussion so sorry if you are sick of hearing this already, but... Y is an appallingly poor value use of miles.

Why don't you do this trip in Business Class for 60k miles + £405 + tax, or indeed, 120k miles + tax only?
Thanks for the reply OttoMH. No worries, I don't plan to redeem in Y - I fully plan to redeem in J, probably via C+M. I just put down Y in my previous post for the simplicity's sake.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
YYZ-YUL-CDG(AC)-KRK(LO) in C Z3-Z2 - 18750 miles + £127.50 + £152 taxes (about £35 higher than ITA shows)

KRK-FRA(LH)-IST(TK)-BKK(TK 77W)-KTM(TG) in C Z2-Z10 - 15000 miles + £105 + £181 taxes (bang on with ITA)

4 phone calls, over 2 hours, and card appears double charged for first ticket.

Last edited by rankourabu; Jan 16, 2010 at 10:37 am
Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
LHR-ZRH J
ZRH-HKG F

April

43750 miles 300 cash and 175 taxes

Very efficient and quick process, less than 10 mins on the phone.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Just booked for end of March:

LAX-ZRH LX F
ZRH-LHR LX C

I was (happily) surprised that the agent found this - asked for LAX-LHR, and I knew that for my date only LAX-DEN-ORD-LHR (UA F/C/F) was available after spending a lot of time looking for a better connection on ANA. Still I would change it for a direct UA F or NZ C flight if a seat becomes available.

Around £115 in tax. Only 10 minutes on the phone ^
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:27 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Late summer 2010:

LHR-CAI - BD, J x 2 (stop)
CAI-DXB - MS J x 2

C+M = 15,000 + £255, per pax all in.

DXB-VIE-LHR - OS, J x 2

C+M = 15,000 + £240, per pax all in.

20 mins on phone with ICC and a super-efficient female agent, who even allocated seats for all sectors ^
Old Jan 17, 2010, 6:20 am

KIV to VIE on partner Austrian for 6K DC miles OW.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 6:36 am
soy

Programs: various
July 2010
DUB-LHR C BD
LHR-ICN C OZ
ICN-SYD C OZ

37500miles and £392 in cash + taxes

Booked with the always excellent Muzamil
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: EY Silver, BA Silver, EK paper, BOAC Junior Jet Club
Family of 4 on LH MAN-FRA-GVA rtn for half term skiing.

16,500 miles each in Y. Miles only. Taxes £175 pp plus £4.50 credit card fee.

Might seem a waste of miles, but can easily earn again (and I used my wife's account ). And just try and get 4 seats on any low cost carrier for half term skiing this late in the day. £400 pp with Easyjet and £1000 pp with Thomas Cook (or was it Monarch, I forget, I was so incensed at the insult).

Saved nearly £1000 and avoided the hurt of paying £400 for a £100 ticket on the LCCs ^

Excellent service from Praj at the ICC.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by RowH
Might seem a waste of miles
On the contrary, redeeming for the family to the ski destinations in February half term is one of the best value redemptions you can make. Especially on LX to GVA and ZRH, when you can often get 4+ seats on the same flight. And of course, if you could play your cards right, you can book LX and fly on a bmi plane too.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Existing Booking..

AKL-BNE (NZ-C)
(stopover)
BNE-BKK (TG-C)
BKK-LHR (TG-F)

------------
Due to a an equipment change on the BNE-BKK leg there is now a first class cabin on the BNE-BKK leg - so have upgraded.

Cost £48 taxes + £20 change fee + 0 miles

Original itinerary booked C+M under the old 2.0x for first.

One call, 8 minutes, no problems and got seats sorted.
-------------
As this is a fairly recent change there seems to be a good bit of availability in F & C if you're looking to visit SYD/BNE in Mar. This plane routes BKK-SYD-BNE-BKK.

This is possibly the only F option via the far east to Australia if you're redeeming miles?

Last edited by rupert_s; Jan 18, 2010 at 2:24 am Reason: Link added
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Ladies and gentlemen of the bmi forum. I believe I have achieved a Diamond Club first. I have just successfully redeemed a set of flights through 'friend of the forum' - Dennis.

Obviously there was a bit of Dennis knowing best, namely him telling me I should take LH instead of LX to NRT as it was 20 minutes quicker. The YQ being cheaper on LX was immediately shunned as incorrect, but he accepted my foolish decision with good grace. He also tried to overcharge me for the miles on the way out, but was corrected and agreed with me, even apologising for the error. He then followed it up by efficiently sorting out the rest of the redemption in an efficient and professional manner. I've just got off the call and I'm still in semi shock.

Anyway, here are the details:

CPH-ZRH-NRT on LX in July for 3 pax C&M.
18,750 miles + £127.50 cash and £109.60 taxes

KIX-HKG (NH C - Stopover) HKG-ZRH-MAN on LX C in August for 3 pax C&M
26,250 miles + £180 cash + £139.10 tax. (Tax seems £30 too high, but I'll check)

All done from start to finish in 10 minutes. I'm now off to a darkened room for a lie down. Anyway, dare I say it - well done Dennis! ^
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
OMG!!

10 minutes!

He usually spends that long arguing before you can even tell him what you want
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by RAPC
Ladies and gentlemen of the bmi forum. I believe I have achieved a Diamond Club first. I have just successfully redeemed a set of flights through 'friend of the forum' - Dennis.
Well I had the misfortune of speaking with him this evening. What a complete and utter snatch!

Schedule change on booking now means illegal connection in ORD. Asked to move flights a day earlier. He said it was not permitted. Only on the same day or a day later. If you want a day earlier you must pay the £20 change fee! Have you ever heard such bull in your life.

I lost my rag in the end! Grrrrrrr!
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Normal service now resumed I see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.