Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption with infant / cash + miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: If I don´t have it, I don´t need it!

Sorry,

after the incredible Chelsea - Everton match (Love the Toffies!^) I´m not able to find the answer with the search function. I´d like to book cash + miles flight for my family. It´s two adults and a 4 months old. It´s a redemption to the US from Europe in Biz with miles and cash. How much wold it be?
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: GGL
No miles for the infant

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/src/html/d...pendmiles.html

37,500 + GBP 210 + tax for two one way in C
Old Dec 12, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
You just pay taxes on an infant booking. Should be in the ball park of £40 or so outbound and £20 inbound IIRC at current rates.

The ICC have in the (recent) past tried to charge me the cash element of a C+M redemption for an infant so if they quote you upwards of £170 for the infant dispute it and ask them to recalculate.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
wait a second, if I understand correctly, infant less than 2 years pay nothing other than airport taxes when adult on award even on *A partner redemption?

WOW!
^^
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by yyliu88
wait a second, if I understand correctly, infant less than 2 years pay nothing other than airport taxes when adult on award even on *A partner redemption?

WOW!
^^
You understand that correctly.

Check out gleff's thread in the "Travel with Children" forum here on FT about the airlines -- like BD -- which are the most infant friendly when it comes to infant tickets issued in conjunction with award tickets issued for an adult.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Sorry,

after the incredible Chelsea - Everton match (Love the Toffies!^)
I'm surprised that you managed to correctly use a computer after the Everton - Chelski game (I don't support either team but was listening enthralled on 5 Live). Maybe you drank a lot of Ovaltine to reduce your adrenalin levels ?
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:14 am

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-children-221/
Old Dec 13, 2009, 7:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by heramato
Yes, and this thread in it: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...el-infant.html
Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I've booked a few INF + Mother (Cash+Miles)tix in LH F (in the good old days) and always worked like a charm. INF pays something like 20$ in taxes. Beware that they are not 100% comfortable with the process of booking INF tix. Example: I was told that UA doesn't do etix for infants, so I could not mix SK and UA
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:28 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I've booked a few INF + Mother (Cash+Miles)tix in LH F (in the good old days) and always worked like a charm. INF pays something like 20$ in taxes. Beware that they are not 100% comfortable with the process of booking INF tix. Example: I was told that UA doesn't do etix for infants, so I could not mix SK and UA
Don't believe a word of it. I have 2 UA bookings in Jan & Feb, and junior #2 (7 months) is on e-tix
Old Dec 13, 2009, 6:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Thanks, I did not even know there is such section exist!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:20 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Don't believe a word of it. I have 2 UA bookings in Jan & Feb, and junior #2 (7 months) is on e-tix
I have done 4-5 bookings with infant and never had any problem- minimal taxes only and no miles for infant whether it is cash or miles plus cash. ICC are fully aware that infants fly for free.
That said, LH seems to have a problem with infant tickets, whether paid or free. every time I fly them they have trouble finding infant ticket and ask me if he is on a paper ticket and I carry the printout with ticket numbers these days so they can sort it out at check-in. Never had any problem with SK.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by LonLH
ICC are fully aware that infants fly for free.
No, there are some issues. As recently as October they initially quoted me a number that included the cash element of a C Z1-Z3 in the taxes for junior #2. When I politely pointed their mistake out and asked them to recalculate there was no admission of error whatsoever (what did you expect?)
Old Dec 14, 2009, 3:10 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
No, there are some issues. As recently as October they initially quoted me a number that included the cash element of a C Z1-Z3 in the taxes for junior #2. When I politely pointed their mistake out and asked them to recalculate there was no admission of error whatsoever (what did you expect?)
Of course there is often some stupidity element involved with ICC. They recently try to charge me Zone 6 miles for a Zone 5 redemption- for some reason Algeria is missing from the "Ways to spend miles" table and they insisted that it has to be Zone 6 until I had to ask the supervisor to check the map of Africa to see where Algeria lies After some discussions they agreed that since it is between Libya and Morocco and above Nigeria(all in Zone 5 as per their list), it should be zone 5.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Is it possible to add on a infant to a booking after the one way journey has commenced? I am currently in the middle of a stopover and will be using my award to fly on.

I realize that no changes are allowed to a award after the first segment of a o/w is flown.

If I take my infant along with me what are my choices?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.