Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

The consolidated 'Family Membership' thread : launched 1 Dec '09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The consolidated 'Family Membership' thread : launched 1 Dec '09

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 5:09 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Try swapping first and last names - it could be that simple.

Failing that, I would email diamond [dot] club [at] flybmi [dot] com and let them know - giving the names and numbers of the family members and see if they can sort it out for you.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 5:52 am

I had this with my sisters - seems her address she had set up was not the one she thought. Try getting them to log in using their email address and password instead of card number and password and that will confirm that the email address is right or wrong
Old Mar 12, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex BD*S)
Removing Family Member Account

Hi,

is there a way to delete a family member account? It's an account that has never worked (no E-mail / no Password).
I am the head of the family, and would love to remove this account, as the given family member now has a working DC account.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I have already removed a member from my Household account. Just need to e-mail bmi.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by BA6501
I have already removed a member from my Household account. Just need to e-mail bmi.
do the miles transferred to the head of account remain there or are they going back to the former family member when he is leaving the account?
Old Mar 13, 2011, 5:26 am

Programs: Most of them...
Family membership invitation "expired"

Hi,

I've decided to finally get the family accounts merging issue sorted out, and have sent invitations to two family members.

However, upon clicking the invite link all I (because I'm looking after their accounts) get is "invitation has expired". This can't be the case as I click through minutes after sending, and getting, the invite.

I note that there seems to be no other way to contact DC than by telephone, presumably calling someone in India.

Before I have to do that, what is the general consensus here as to the solution of my problem? I am 100% sure this has happened to many here.

Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The answer is probably somewhere in this thread.

Failing that, e-mail DC at diamond DOT club AT flybmi DOT com
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
The answer is probably somewhere in this thread.
Failing that, e-mail DC at diamond DOT club AT flybmi DOT com
The answer seems to be exactly that: to contact DC.

Thanks for the address. I assume the first 'at' is not meant to be replaced by the dedicated character?
Old Mar 13, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: BMI Blue, CX Gold
Originally Posted by Toli
I assume the first 'at' is not meant to be replaced by the dedicated character?
The address is: diamond DOT club AT flybmi DOT com

You don't want the DC part at the start.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by The_Bhoy
The address is: diamond DOT club AT flybmi DOT com

You don't want the DC part at the start.
Oops. Read it in a totally different way. Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Just been reading back over this thread, but the last posting on my question was over a year ago so thought I'd check if anyone had more recent experience.

Bascially - am head of household, have both parents in as members. If they applied for the bmi credit card and got 20k each, would I be able to transfer these to my main a/c OK? (my impression from the posts around page 20 or so in this thread is yes, but wanted to check!).
Old May 23, 2011, 12:57 pm

Is it possible to move miles from the family head into a family member's account? The member has 500 non-transferable miles, and if I could add some miles by moving from the head's account, I could then redeem for an award, including those 500 miles. I know it's allowed to move from the member to the head. Is it possible the other way around?
Old May 23, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
No, it isn't currently. You'd need to write to BD to break up the family membership and then form a new one with the other person in charge.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Famiy Membership

I read 18- cannot be a member of DC, so they can only earn miles on the family pool? what happens if they fly over 16000 miles? will they get bonus? and would the status of the lead member matter?

Also, when i fly over 16000 miles, when does membership kick in? immidiately, or end of month? also when's the best time for membership to kick in to have the most benefits?

Thanks all from a bmi dc newbie!
Old Jun 13, 2011, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by kaka
I read 18- cannot be a member of DC, so they can only earn miles on the family pool? what happens if they fly over 16000 miles? will they get bonus? and would the status of the lead member matter?

Also, when i fly over 16000 miles, when does membership kick in? immidiately, or end of month? also when's the best time for membership to kick in to have the most benefits?

Thanks all from a bmi dc newbie!
My two under-18s both became silver members recently when they reached 16000 miles. They haven't flown since, so I can't say if bonus miles are applied. They also haven't been sent silver cards/packs; my wife who became silver on the same day has got hers.

The tier upgrade happens immediately there are enough miles in your account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.