The New Membership Pack (Ugh!)

Old Nov 20, 2009, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G + A3*G
The New Membership Pack (Ugh!)

Well got a new Black Gold Card through the post today, Hmm!!!

What can I say, BMI (Where!)

They seem to have gone downhill over the last 3 evolutions of card with this being the lowest so far..

Although amonst the postcards in the pack showing the benefits there was still one for Lifetime Gold after 10 years, so at least that has not bit the dust yet.

Also as the black card pack is embossed with the Aiprot idendifiers that BMI fly to, I think they will have their work cut out keep modifiying the list of identifiers.!

Last edited by Flashyphotos; Nov 20, 2009 at 3:56 am
Old Nov 20, 2009, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Excellent - as per my post in the exciting news thread, I lost mine yesterday and I'm flying again tomorrow.

Now that's bmi service (assuming it's at home...)
Old Nov 20, 2009, 4:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
So far, I've counted one mention of the word BMI...

On the end of a luggage tag.

Well.. Umm.. Black Printing is ... cheap to do... I suppose...
Old Nov 20, 2009, 4:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I can see one nice improvement : the luggage tags have a smaller hole, and a thicker web, which should reduce the chances of "lost tag syndrome". ^
Old Nov 20, 2009, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G + A3*G
It does also say

flyBMI.com on the back of the card.

But the branding is appaling to be honest, will try it out on a run down to CHC in a week or so!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 4:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
HON Circle card is black.

Old Nov 20, 2009, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA Gold
Stupid question: are all the cards black, or is it just the gold card?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Ok, so how long before someone reports getting turned down from a lounge due to this new card design? The lounge matrons in far away places tend not to have heard of bmi so consult their book with photos of all the cards. If the books haven't been updated I can see trouble ahead. Especially as they will be wondering which bloody airline this "diamond Club" thing belongs to. I wonder if bmi is going to sell off Diamond Club and have it as a stand alone rewards program like Aeroplan, hence the branding moving away from bmi?

Anyway my new card arrived around 3 weeks ago in the old style (complete with 4 nice new GUVs (!) and Europcar upgrade vouchers) so I guess that makes me due to the new design very soon. At least I'll have an old design card valid till the end of 2010 as back up.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 5:50 am

Programs: Not decided
Will I (a blue member) also get a new blue card eventually?

Originally Posted by Flashyphotos
Well got a new Black Gold Card through the post today, Hmm!!!

What can I say, BMI (Where!)

They seem to have gone downhill over the last 3 evolutions of card with this being the lowest so far..

Although amonst the postcards in the pack showing the benefits there was still one for Lifetime Gold after 10 years, so at least that has not bit the dust yet.

Also as the black card pack is embossed with the Aiprot idendifiers that BMI fly to, I think they will have their work cut out keep modifiying the list of identifiers.!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat
Ah, it's not that bad, looks kind of cool, but I hear the points raised and agree. What bugs me though it looks like the date is still mm/yy and not mm/yyyy ie. 06/10 and not 06/2010. Surely the cost of printing two extra digits isn't that much money!

So cue lounge ladies questioning whether your card is out of date which is incidentally what happened to me at the LH Senator Lounge at MUN yesterday..."Your card expired sir in 06" "errr, no, that's June 2010." which she accepted. Didn't expect that from someone in the EU, that's normally a North American thing.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 7:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mattk
Ah, it's not that bad, looks kind of cool, but I hear the points raised and agree. What bugs me though it looks like the date is still mm/yy and not mm/yyyy ie. 06/10 and not 06/2010. Surely the cost of printing two extra digits isn't that much money!

So cue lounge ladies questioning whether your card is out of date which is incidentally what happened to me at the LH Senator Lounge at MUN yesterday..."Your card expired sir in 06" "errr, no, that's June 2010." which she accepted. Didn't expect that from someone in the EU, that's normally a North American thing.
My LH Senator card has the expiry date of 02.10. LH lounge staff must be used to seeing mm.yy.

But then all M&M status cards expire in February so all they need to check is the last two digits.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 7:45 am

Programs: KL, BD, BA, CO
no GUVs

the new pack says that 4 GUV's have been "credited to my account" and to use them, i have to phone a number in advance so the paper goldish slips have been discontinued. any feedback on for how long will they honour the old ones?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Seachain
the new pack says that 4 GUV's have been "credited to my account" and to use them, i have to phone a number in advance so the paper goldish slips have been discontinued. any feedback on for how long will they honour the old ones?
See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...iscussion.html

Mid-December is the cut off at the moment.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Ok, so how long before someone reports getting turned down from a lounge due to this new card design? The lounge matrons in far away places tend not to have heard of bmi so consult their book with photos of all the cards. If the books haven't been updated I can see trouble ahead. Especially as they will be wondering which bloody airline this "diamond Club" thing belongs to...
Even if my black card arrives by then, I'll carry my current gold card as well until it expires for precisely this reason. (As I'm in the States, I often use it to access U.S. partner lounges.)
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Ok, so how long before someone reports getting turned down from a lounge due to this new card design? The lounge matrons in far away places tend not to have heard of bmi so consult their book with photos of all the cards.
If they haven't heard of BMI then how will the absence of the airline name be more of a problem?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.