FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   The New Membership Pack (Ugh!) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1018936-new-membership-pack-ugh.html)

G*G Nov 22, 2009 11:43 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 12861919)
Honestly, sometimes, I am rather amazed at the capacity of some FTers to look at any cosmetic change as a catastrophy of major proportions and the end of the world as we know it. Some seem to be more set in their habits and afraid of change than the average 95 year-old.

Haha - that just made me laugh out very loud! :D I've been watching this thread with fascination and can't help thinking why it matters what the card looks like? BMI is not a huge and globally recognized airline by any means and you cannot blame lounge attendants at hubs or smaller airports where they only usually see 'their own' cards for looking twice at the card or question what BMI actually is (or now just 'Diamond Club') - but as long as you're essentially able to enjoy whatever perks come with the card, then what is the difference...?

NoY Nov 22, 2009 11:44 am

I got my card (& tags) this this weekend. I like it (them) :D

HIDDY Nov 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by G*G (Post 12862044)
Haha - that just made me laugh out very loud! :D I've been watching this thread with fascination and can't help thinking why it matters what the card looks like? BMI is not a huge and globally recognized airline by any means and you cannot blame lounge attendants at hubs or smaller airports where they only usually see 'their own' cards for looking twice at the card or question what BMI actually is (or now just 'Diamond Club') - but as long as you're essentially able to enjoy whatever perks come with the card, then what is the difference...?

Indeed....I'm sure a large percentage of its members don't even know who BMi are but don't have any problem recognising the words Diamond Club.

David-A Nov 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by G*G (Post 12862044)

That's just daft. You say you can't see why the appearance of the card is relevant and then mention access problems.

We are talking about a card that is issued for various reasons, including operational purpose. So we are not talking about aesthetics but practicalities and design choices and related issues are totally relevant to use.

Unless you take the view that making it easier or more difficult to make use of something is not relevant to discussion of that thing...

FlyingOnceMore Nov 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Would anyone like to buy a left handed screwdriver?

G*G Nov 22, 2009 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by David-A (Post 12862554)
That's just daft. You say you can't see why the appearance of the card is relevant and then mention access problems.

Easy now... BMI is a small and rather unknown airline to a lot of folks outside of their network - the design of their frequent flyer cards is hardly going to change that either way. In my humble opinion.

As for 'daft' - thanks for that value-added comment

David-A Nov 23, 2009 1:34 am

Originally Posted by G*G (Post 12864970)
Easy now... BMI is a small and rather unknown airline to a lot of folks outside of their network - the design of their frequent flyer cards is hardly going to change that either way. In my humble opinion.

As for 'daft' - thanks for that value-added comment

It was one comment. And the design of the card could quite easily be a lot clearer that it is an airline FFP for starters, not some kind of lounge club / non-FFP thing.

henry999 Nov 23, 2009 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Roger
Mine has first initial and surname (and title) - and unchanged expiry date.

Same here, for both Mrs999 and myself.

cheers,

Henry

seanyjmuc Nov 23, 2009 5:29 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 12861919)
Honestly, sometimes, I am rather amazed at the capacity of some FTers to look at any cosmetic change as a catastrophy of major proportions and the end of the world as we know it. Some seem to be more set in their habits and afraid of change than the average 95 year-old.

I agree Nick but I see this board as just a lighthearted and fun way of expressing one's opinion. Nothing wrong with that. Let's not get emotional about these things.

I got my pack in the post Saturday and while I cannot understand the lack of branding on the front side of the card (flybmi.com is on the reverse), I certainly didn't understand the plethora of postcards, each one explaining a perk of the Gold membership. Seems an inordinate waste of money and printing to me, as such they went straight into the recycling bin. But hey, thanks for the card and the perks.

bkkman Nov 23, 2009 6:52 am

Mine landed in Bangkok Saturday so must have been sent a week before from UK or somewhere nearer to me perhaps. My company designs and makes this stuff and I can say that costs are about 3 pounds would be most likely rather than 10.

As far as the design is concerned, well someone signed it off and you get what you pay for design wise and quality wise.

I have seen worse and I have seen better but if they are looking to cut costs then it is not too bad an effort as long as they did not spend 10 quid per set!!

If you expect more then the budget is cut elsewhwere.

This is one of the best FFP around but I do wonder about the expectaions of some members sometimes.

Some where along the line someone has to pay for things so you have to balance things out. I hope that the new BMI is lean, fair and has employees who are both happy but realistice in keeping their jobs and offering a good service, whether they are customer facing or not

Good luck

uk1 Nov 23, 2009 7:22 am

What's going on?

It's only a so**ing membership card and luggage tags.:confused:

mattk Nov 23, 2009 8:27 am

Originally Posted by typhoon (Post 12861157)
Now, if and when Bmi isnt mentioned on the card - :confused: will reign even more in my opinion...

There's a BMI logo on the rear of the card.

Brian_1 Nov 23, 2009 8:29 am

Originally Posted by mattk (Post 12866285)
There's a BMI logo on the rear of the card.

Just what I was about to say. Can't see why folk are fussing about it, think it looks ok.

B

mattk Nov 23, 2009 8:35 am

And anyway I'd just like to say it was a good job despite some minor issues. You can't please everyone all of the time but the pack that came through, the design, the +ve changes in the account benefits on the whole have really made a difference to the feel of DC. Much more professional ^

Saracenn Nov 23, 2009 9:03 am

Originally Posted by ICA (Post 12861629)
By the way, I think the "black color" for FFP top tier
is a kind of trendy these days...

The “Welcome a Friend” postcard inside suggests the same design will be rolled out to Silvers, so it's not that exclusive…