Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Diamond Club FAQ - Everything the Newbie couldn't posssibly know yet (v.4)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Diamond Club FAQ - Everything the Newbie couldn't posssibly know yet (v.4)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Just wanted to check, is the diamond dot club at flybmi dot com email address listed at the start of this thread still valid?

I have sent a couple of emails to that address in the last few days but have had no reply. I realise they're probably very busy, but am a little surprised I haven't received a "thanks for your email, we'll get back to you" reply at the very least.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:25 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by saint_em
Just wanted to check, is the diamond dot club at flybmi dot com email address listed at the start of this thread still valid?

I have sent a couple of emails to that address in the last few days but have had no reply. I realise they're probably very busy, but am a little surprised I haven't received a "thanks for your email, we'll get back to you" reply at the very least.
In the past it has taken me 2wks to get a reply. May be better now that there is more staff, but still takes time. Sending multiple emails does not help your cause and just adds to the backlog....so just sit back and wait 10 days or so before trying again
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Thanks - will do.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
After studying the program I could not figure out (from the website) if LH F is still no doable with M+C, is it?
and what is 10Kmi per sector (per segment? per rt?) I am a little confuse.
Also could not figure out if One way for star alliance are available.
thanks

Last edited by david-alexis; Jun 2, 2011 at 4:10 pm
Old Jun 2, 2011, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by david-alexis
After studying the program I could not figure out (from the website) if LH F is still no doable with M+C, is it?
and what is 10Kmi per sector (per segment? per rt?) I am a little confuse.
Also could not figure out if One way for star alliance are available.
thanks

One way redemptions for *A flights are permitted at half the return cost.

no cash and miles for LH F - can only be done with miles alone (x2.5) + 10,000 Per Sector premium
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by caz312
One way redemptions for *A flights are permitted at half the return cost.

no cash and miles for LH F - can only be done with miles alone (x2.5) + 10,000 Per Sector premium
Thanks! is there a surcharge for booking a star partner award at 1 or 2 days before departure?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:33 pm

Thanks! is there a surcharge for booking a star partner award at 1 or 2 days before departure?
7 days is the booking deadline unless you are Gold in which case it is 3...not sure they will bend on those deadlines
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by caz312
7 days is the booking deadline unless you are Gold in which case it is 3...not sure they will bend on those deadlines
noooooo that makes booking LX F when they open seats at +2 days impossible.
Between this and no LH F with M+C... They are going to make me work hard for it
Old Jun 3, 2011, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
noooooo that makes booking LX F when they open seats at +2 days impossible.
Yep. Some people her have been put out by this and let BD know about it. They are talking to LX to see what can be done, but I don't expect any immediate solution to this problem.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
See what LX can do about it? Respect to BD for trying to find a solution, but they have no excuse that in e-ticket 2011 they still have the same award booking deadlines they did in 1995 when they were able to send BD*G a paper award ticket in the post with three days notice.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 7:44 am

interesting! I was a little surprised by this rule (studied the BMI program yesterday), without it it would be great, book a refundable award with your prefer partner and 2 days out see if you find LX F (which you probably will) and cancel you original award, at least that is what I tough...
On the other hand the BMI program is so different in terms of redemption levels (specially for C+M) that once they start to change it everything might change. just a tough.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Delta SkyMiles, Lufthansa Miles & More
Originally Posted by saint_em

Same here- sent a missing miles claim with scans of the boarding passes 6 weeks ago, as well as another email 10 days ago to check they had received the claim, but haven't heard anything back. Is the address definitely still valid?

Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Yes, it is still valid. Where they need to check with the partner airline before crediting, they often don't reply to you - and some time can pass before the miles credit - so, for all intents and purposes, it appears they are ignoring you, which they probably aren't. That said there's no way of knowing...
Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Delta SkyMiles, Lufthansa Miles & More
Ok thanks. I was just a bit surprised it would take this long, but I guess there isn't much more I can do. It's a shame there isn't a proper online missing miles claim form, i.e. not one that needs to be printed out and mailed back.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:52 am

Hi Guys.

I am a complete numpty with no understanding or experience of airmiles or how they work whatsoever. I have managed to accumulate over 12,000 BMI Diamond Club destination miles from flying on holidays but don't know what I should do with them. Any flying my partner and I do is short-haul in Europe as we like city breaks.

Looking at redemption of BMI miles, 9000 miles would seem to get me a return flight in zone 1. My limited understanding is that this only covers the base cost of the flight and not airport taxes, etc. I have seen in some sales that the base cost of a flight can easily be as little as £10 - £15.

If that is right, that doesn't seem like much of a bonus. In my naivete, I assumed that 12,000 miles would be worth more than this. Perhaps this is not the way to go about spending miles? I notice that 12,000 miles is worth a mere £20 in hotel accommodation. Again, that doesn't sound very much.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds. I really am a complete novice in this field and don't have a clue what to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.