Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Very interesting diamond club news !!! (MFUs, Family membership, iGUVs) : discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very interesting diamond club news !!! (MFUs, Family membership, iGUVs) : discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by Saracenn
My two remaining GUVs will be used on my LHR-DUB next week
How? They are invalid as of this morning.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by ajamieson
How? They are invalid as of this morning.
Extended deadline to mid-Dec
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'll be in the lounge at LHR on Thursday morning for the 7.05 to ABZ. If anyone wants a GUV, let me know...
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by Action Man
One of the few advantages I see is if one member is gold and wanted to redeem an award with the automatic gold upgrade on BD equipment (for however long this benefit still lasts).
Agreed. If there is a restriction to redeeming on family account members only it would be a big drawback compared to the present.

I also agree with your observations about the potential restrictions imposed by the new eGUV system. Great idea, but not without its drawbacks.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
You also assume that nobody buys a ticket fewer than seven days before depature, meaning this system will mitigate against those most likely to be the highest paying customers.
Presuming there isn't some kind of capacity control system, to keep at least a seat or two free for late sales. Because, of course, bmi yield management is second to none...
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:31 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Agreed. If there is a restriction to redeeming on family account members only it would be a big drawback compared to the present.
Giving us the same choice BA offers would strike me as fair: either the pooling benefits of a household account or the ability to redeem for anyone. Of course, giving us both options would represent a fairly major plus point for BD!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned that, given they can e-ticket a reservation almost immediately, why have we still got these antiquated time limts on doing bookings.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Ithey can e-ticket a reservation almost immediately
They can? Who knew!

There was me thinking they still strapped a floppy disk to a pigeon, once or twice a week, and sent it to Donington to do that.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
They can? Who knew!

There was me thinking they still strapped a floppy disk to a pigeon, once or twice a week, and sent it to Donington to do that.

Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
With the benefit of a long day in the office and a whole load of new FAQs materialising on the website (e.g. about paper GUVs being valid for another month and eGUVs not rolling over), I still don't see how this will be in any way an enhancement for me (unless I procure a wife, children, nannies and security - errr, which planet do they think most of us live on?). Action Man puts it nicely:

Originally Posted by Action Man
IMO the new upgrades are also NOT an improvement for people like me who usually fly BMI:

- They require you to pay additional taxes and fees to use them
- They require you to ring ICC to use them
- You cannot use them on a standby basis/at the airport on day of departure (presumably)
- You cannot give them to your colleagues if they are also Gold
- They expire.

Since on many routes business is almost never full anyway I personally don't see how this is an enhanced benefit.
Oh, and another thing - will we be able to eGUV our travelling companions (which is a published benefit of paper GUVs... not that I'll ever upgrade 3 of my friends between EDI and LHR again if I can't rollover these new eGUVs!)?

Originally Posted by David-A
I vote for: eGUV
Ahem, I think you'll find "eGUV" (TM) was first mentioned in Post #17 - do I get a prize?!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:23 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kt74
Ahem, I think you'll find "eGUV" (TM) was first mentioned in Post #17 - do I get a prize?!
Credit where credit's due. PM me a postal address and I'll get my two remaining paper GUVs on their way to you in no time.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned that, given they can e-ticket a reservation almost immediately, why have we still got these antiquated time limts on doing bookings.
An extra routine and fraud prevention - someone checks that the routing is legal - thanks to all the idiots flouting the SIN loopholes, backtracking excessively, and beating the F-longest-sctor rule to death.

And ensuring that that credit card from Ghana will actually clear. Legally.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:46 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by kt74
Ahem, it was so obvious that I was convinced someone may have used it before, hence I said 'I vote for', rather than 'I propose...', etc.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
An extra routine and fraud prevention - someone checks that the routing is legal - thanks to all the idiots flouting the SIN loopholes, backtracking excessively, and beating the F-longest-sctor rule to death.

And ensuring that that credit card from Ghana will actually clear. Legally.
So that's why I had to call Pune to get my BHD-LHR-BRU revenue tickets issued after the compoota failed to do so.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
Originally Posted by rajsbasi
Ok so the pile of 12 GUVS i have accumulated are now worthless.
I'm still sitting on at least 14 GUVs. And my next flights (booked before this fiasco) are paid business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.