FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   I want to miss my connection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1011774-i-want-miss-my-connection.html)

ELAL Oct 30, 2009 3:38 am

I want to miss my connection

I'm flying through LHR, with a connection time of 1:25, I'm now looking at the possibility of staying longer at Heathrow to meet somebody, I assume if I miss such a long connection, I'll have to pay for my new connecting flight, although if my inbound flight is slightly delayed it might be tight enough for me to supposly miss it.

What is the maximum time, for BMI to except that the connection was too short to make it (as there was a long wait at security Etc.)?

FlyingOnceMore Oct 30, 2009 3:55 am

You want us to help you in your plan to scam bmi?

RAPC Oct 30, 2009 4:16 am

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore (Post 12736183)
You want us to help you in your plan to scam bmi?

And on a public forum read by bmi employees to boot.

Here's a suggestion - ask them at the airport if they will let you catch the later flight. If they say no, then offer to pay the change fee if it matters that much.

FlyingOnceMore Oct 30, 2009 4:28 am

Originally Posted by RAPC (Post 12736222)
And on a public forum read by bmi employees to boot.

:eek: Who knew!

BA6501 Nov 1, 2009 9:12 am

When they scan your boarding pass at security does the airline know that that person has cleared security and is in departures?

luitje Nov 1, 2009 11:12 am

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 12747158)
When they scan your boarding pass at security does the airline know that that person has cleared security and is in departures?

Can't remember anyone actually scanning my boarding pass. In fact in T2 they don't even have this equipment at the security.
Still, no show is no show. If your first flight arrives on time and you miss your connection I doubt you will get reimbursed.
Would hate to be on the flight waiting for you too. Think of a hundred of people who will get deayed first wating for you, then waiting for your checked-in baggage being offloaded, and then for the next available slot. Have a mercy on this lot. Few of them will have a tight connection which they will miss because of you.

Tall Bloke Nov 2, 2009 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by ELAL (Post 12736166)
I'm flying through LHR, with a connection time of 1:25, I'm now looking at the possibility of staying longer at Heathrow to meet somebody, I assume if I miss such a long connection, I'll have to pay for my new connecting flight, although if my inbound flight is slightly delayed it might be tight enough for me to supposly miss it.

What is the maximum time, for BMI to except that the connection was too short to make it (as there was a long wait at security Etc.)?

Perhaps you could provide information on your planned inbound and connecting flights, class of travel, whether they are on the same itinerary/PNR, whether they are sold as codeshares and who issued the tickets as these factors will ultimately determine what might happen if either your original flight is late causing the connection to be risky, or what it might cost to make a legitimate change in advance.

Doug_1970 Nov 3, 2009 4:46 am

Originally Posted by luitje (Post 12747726)
Think of a hundred of people who will get delayed first wating for you, then waiting for your checked-in baggage being offloaded, and then for the next available slot. Have a mercy on this lot. Few of them will have a tight connection which they will miss because of you.

I agree. It's bad enough waiting for some clown who's been wandering around duty free for 30 minutes after boarding time, then comes on the flight without a care in the world (loaded up with duty free).

You want to do this on purpose and you expect advice on how to do it ??

youngt2 Nov 4, 2009 3:25 pm

I can't believe no one is offering advice! You should A) find the pilots of your first flight and devise a way in making them late. B) Create a hazard on your first flight (e.g. flat tire) to make repairs necessary. C) Arrange for a large storm to arrive prior to take off and last exactly 1.5 hours so you are late, but not TOO late.

You just have to be creative! (I hope the sarcasm is obvious...)

ELAL Nov 4, 2009 3:33 pm

You lot are all right I'll just try and call bmi and pay for it to be changed

Originally Posted by youngt2 (Post 12767875)
I can't believe no one is offering advice! You should A) find the pilots of your first flight and devise a way in making them late. B) Create a hazard on your first flight (e.g. flat tire) to make repairs necessary. C) Arrange for a large storm to arrive prior to take off and last exactly 1.5 hours so you are late, but not TOO late.

You just have to be creative! (I hope the sarcasm is obvious...)

I think I'll just keep on blowing as hard as I can towards the back of the plane, and hopefully that way slow it down

djb25 Nov 10, 2009 3:33 am

Originally Posted by ELAL (Post 12767941)
I think I'll just keep on blowing as hard as I can towards the back of the plane, and hopefully that way slow it down

Brilliant!!

YuropFlyer Nov 10, 2009 4:02 am

Originally Posted by ELAL (Post 12767941)
You lot are all right I'll just try and call bmi and pay for it to be changed

Either that - or if they ask for too much - try when checking in at the original airport if they need any volunteers taking a flight later on the second leg. I'm still surprised how often airline companies will be happy to rebook you, often in higher classes, when asked at check-in.