Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Gate 77

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2009, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3
LHR Gate 77

Maybe I have been unlucky, but my last few flights from LHR to BHD have been boarded at Gate 77, you know - the one that takes a day and a half to get to!
It happened yesterday without a hitch but three weeks ago we had to stop as the Aer Lingus BFS flight was disembarking. The passengers have to cross our path so they close the corridor off.
We had left the moment that the flight was called for boarding in the DC lounge but were left standing, waiting, for about ten minutes as the doors remained closed. The last call for boarding was made making many people worry about getting to the flight on time.
Is this a trend or just my bad luck?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
This happens regularly at LHR ..Frequent flyers on that route just wait, everyone else panics...
Old Nov 9, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by rupert_s
This happens regularly at LHR ..Frequent flyers on that route just wait, everyone else panics...
You will notice that when the screen in the lounge says "boarding" and the flight is announced in the lounge you have more than enough time to walk down to the gate (even if an arriving flight is blocking the way).

Boarding does not mean it's boarding, I have been sitting at the gate waiting for the real boarding to start up to 20 minutes.

Yesterday I had only 10 minute to wait (all the while final call was displayed).

No reason to panic as rupert_s say, just wait, the gate people know you are stuck in the new seperation process.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
As previously said, it happens regularly. As you are a silver, just wait in the DC lounge until you are called - this is long after the signs show "Boarding", and then trot down the green mile.

It would usually be all the premium pax who get stuck this way and the gate staff certainly know we are all missing!!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3
The first time I was concerned as the 'final, final' call had happened and they even said that we were delaying the flight!
I had wondered why this gate is being used fairly often when there's an aircraft sitting at gate 2. Anyone know? Is just us Belfasties that are sent down the long and winding road?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Stormbel
Is just us Belfasties that are sent down the long and winding road?
I've had it a couple of times when flying to EDI...
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:03 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by Stormbel
Anyone know? Is just us Belfasties that are sent down the long and winding road?
You mean the green mile? We get that to DUB always...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.