Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Have "Cancelled" Flights after re-timed segments - Do I Need To Call?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:52 am
Original Poster

I've just had a look at checkmytrip.com and 2 of our flights for next summer have been changed. They're both with Air Canada and it's LAS > YYZ > LHR.

Each of them has "Have Cancelled" against them, but in each case there's an entry below which says "Confirmed, Timechange". Will we have been bumped off the flights or will be just be rebooked automatically? It's not very clear!

I don't want to call them unnecessarily.

Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:14 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
AC has loaded schedule changes and they're working their way through the system. No need to call them unless the new flight times leave you unable to connect.

I've had a couple of these this week, also both involving a YYZ-USA segment. The old "has cancelled" itinerary got removed after a short time.

EDIT: you should be able to confirm that everything is okay by entering your AC booking reference (available from CMT if you don't already have it) at the AC website.

Last edited by IMH; Oct 14, 2009 at 12:21 pm
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Nice one, thanks. I'll leave it for now. The "new" times look identical anyway!

If it doesn't sort itself our I'll wait until the 27th (I think) and see if we can get Continental flights from LAS > EWR > EDI. That'll be much easier for us.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Make sure on CMT that your ticket is still issued for the whole journey. If you are travelling LAS-YYZ-LHR it should say Document 236-xxxxxxxx Las Vegas - London. If it doesn't you need to call bmi to ensure they re-ticket.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 3:58 am
Original Poster

The 236 number says Edinburgh - Edinburgh which makes sense I think. Our outbound flights are EDI - LHR - SFO - LAS and inbound is LAS - YYZ - LHR - EDI.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
If you are sure they have been reissued then you're fine. On CMT.com, you will see that on the top there is "trip summary" and there is also "e-ticket receipt". If you click on e-ticket receipt and there is no dropdown like "view" or your flights are not shown, then call bmi.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Make sure on CMT that your ticket is still issued for the whole journey. If you are travelling LAS-YYZ-LHR it should say Document 236-xxxxxxxx Las Vegas - London. If it doesn't you need to call bmi to ensure they re-ticket.
I have the same issue, but mine is MEL-SIN(stopover)-LAX and the e-ticket only shows SIN-LAX, I should call right? But who do I call, pre-travel or the ICC? Thanks

Last edited by alphaeagle; Oct 17, 2009 at 1:16 pm
Old Oct 17, 2009, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
If you are sure they have been reissued then you're fine. On CMT.com, you will see that on the top there is "trip summary" and there is also "e-ticket receipt". If you click on e-ticket receipt and there is no dropdown like "view" or your flights are not shown, then call bmi.

I'm getting the following........

The following warning(s) occured
Please note that the Airline has cancelled one or more of your selected flights. No ticket can be issued for this reservation. Please modify your reservation, or contact your travel agent for further information. (9115)
I'll call them in the morning. Presumably they have to put us on something for the dates we selected?

I'm still tempted to wait until the 27th and see if we can switch to Continental.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I have the same issue, but mine is MEL-SIN(stopover)-LAX and the e-ticket only shows SIN-LAX, I should call right? But who do I call, pre-travel or the ICC? Thanks
Yes, call the ICC. As it is SQ I'd call sooner rather than later as well. I assume your MEL-SIN has been changed somewhere along the way and that is why that leg is not ticketed?
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Before I call them, I've had a look at Air Canada's website and the flights that we were booked on still exist and there's no change to the time. There's no apparent reason for the cancellation of our flights. In fact, I deliberately chose those flights because I assumed they would be reliable scheduled flights and this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

Is this something that happens often? Have we just been bumped off these flights because it suits them?
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:10 pm
IMH

CO will be a very nice addition, but don't expect great award availability -- definitely not something CO is famous for.

Originally Posted by Mikey07
I've had a look at Air Canada's website and the flights that we were booked on still exist and there's no change to the time.
Are you saying that AC's website also shows your booking as cancelled? If so, you certainly need to follow up.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IMH

Are you saying that AC's website also shows your booking as cancelled? If so, you certainly need to follow up.
Sorry, no. The reason given for the cancellation is a time change. If I look at the AC website (as if I was booking the flights through them) it shows those flights as unchanged.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Yes, call the ICC. As it is SQ I'd call sooner rather than later as well. I assume your MEL-SIN has been changed somewhere along the way and that is why that leg is not ticketed?
Yep, there was a slight time change/equipment swap. I am kind of worried though since the equipment swap was to a a A380, and I'm now in suites class, would that be an issue?
Old Oct 18, 2009, 5:01 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by Mikey07
If I look at the AC website (as if I was booking the flights through them) it shows those flights as unchanged.
Sorry, my question could have been clearer. What I'm wondering is what you see when you try to access your booking at AC's website, rather than at checkmytrip.com, using the AC booking reference that you got from CMT.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IMH
Sorry, my question could have been clearer. What I'm wondering is what you see when you try to access your booking at AC's website, rather than at checkmytrip.com, using the AC booking reference that you got from CMT.
Ah, ok. Gotcha now

I can't really make sense of it. The two flights are listed when I use the AC code on the AC website but it says there's a problem. I'm going to call just now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.