Search

Champagne?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:05 pm
xdh
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G
Champagne?

Is Champagne available on the domestic network when travelling in C on bmi?

I'm on the BD51 on Friday transferring to SFO on VS later in the day and was wondering if a request for a glass of champagne would be fulfilled?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by xdh
Is Champagne available on the domestic network when travelling in C on bmi?

I'm on the BD51 on Friday transferring to SFO on VS later in the day and was wondering if a request for a glass of champagne would be fulfilled?
Blimey, you're not a bmi domestic regular are you with those expectation levels? Most people are chuffed to bits if they receive a bento box (featuring 'the finger') and perhaps a luke warm coffee.

As for the serious question, I can't comment as we only get Y on the MAN-LHR route and they can't manage to load Ribena as advertised on that, let alone Champers.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Funniest question I've seen posted on this forum in ages!

Does that answer it for you?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
As far as I can recall it isn't, only international. I do recall once getting a beatifully dry and crip sparkling Chardonay from Australia (can't remember the detail) which IMHO was far preferable to some of the cheaper champagnes. However, that was some time and I think it has disappeared. I can't recall if the economy food for purchase cards are different on domestic, as I know normally they carry Cattier at Ł8 a go.

PS: Sorry for being repetitive - the phone rang and the other posts weren't there when I started typing!

Last edited by lhr baby; Oct 6, 2009 at 2:36 pm
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Well it would certainly make a change from the usual glum silence and cups of tea shared out on the 51. It is a redeye, after all.

You've got no chance. But bless you for asking! You can, of course, fix yourself an inappropriate cocktail in the Diamond Club beforehand
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:41 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Call Centre?

Why did I think this was a question about the call centre?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Why did I think this was a question about the call centre?
Me too! I thought it was going to be "crack open the champers, the ICC actually understood me and made the booking!"
Old Oct 6, 2009, 3:02 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
I thought it was going to be a complaint about an agent called ... you guessed it
Old Oct 6, 2009, 3:08 pm
xdh
Original Poster

sorry, selected Call Centre by mistake.

Perhaps a friendly mod could change it for me.

looks like there will be no champers for me though until a bit later that day unfortunately. Still might crack open a beer in the lounge for comedy value.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 3:11 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by xdh
Perhaps a friendly mod could change it for me.
De-callcentred.

Thank you for calling.

<click>
Old Oct 6, 2009, 3:16 pm
xdh
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
De-callcentred.

Thank you for calling.

<click>
Thank you for definately being able to help me with that.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 3:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by xdh
Thank you for definately being able to help me with that.
^
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:02 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
To be fair, I ask for Champagne every now and then on the domestic C routes - just to relieve the monotony and send a signal that it is an expectation, albeit one which is not met. I remember the good old days of two class Jersey European flights when you'd be greeted on board with a choice of champagne, cranberry or orange juice before the doors were closed.

I won't be rehearsing this question quite so much now following a directive at work that we must fly behind the curtain from now on.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:36 am

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
I think it was around about 2003 that the champagne disappeared from domestic business. A sad day indeed. I remember sending Donnington hall several pleading comment cards at the time, not that it made any difference. Still, at least BMI aren't charging Ł60 to reserve your seat yet.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: EK Gold; BA Silver; GF Silver; HH Diamond, SPG Plat; IHG Plat
Ah, the days of champagne during a 2 or 3 course meal, followed by a minature drambuie from the little wicker basket....circling heathrow seemed less of a problem then...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.