New to Best Western

Old Sep 8, 01, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
New to Best Western

Due to a new project where the client has a requirement to stay at a Best Western near them, I am wondering if there is anything good about this program? It seems like a very basic earn points, redeem point program...

Any suggestions or tips?
Old Sep 8, 01, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Basically it is VERY poor (at best).

MisterNice
Old Sep 8, 01, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
LOL! Thanks.. better than nothing I guess?

Old Sep 8, 01, 8:14 pm

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
True, but you need to insist to get your nights credited, and then use them in the bnext year, they are not flexible at all.

And they just know points, or miles (may be miles is a better option, except if you absolutely want to use best Western hotels).

Good luck !

Old Sep 8, 01, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hilton LT diamond, Hyatt diamond, Marriott LTte, AA LT plat, Seabourn diamond elite
Program in the US sucks. However, they do offer miles in many FF programs. Take the miles and forget the hotel program.
Old Sep 11, 01, 5:12 am

Location: PVD/NYC/BOS/DCA (currently exiled in the wilds of Northern Rhode Island and as far away from Quahog, RI as it is physically possible to be and still be considered in the same state... :eek: )
Programs: UA 1P; DL FO; MR Silver
Agree completely with Hedoman. In my experience, miles post promptly with no hassle. No so with points--but since I am HH Gold, this does not worry me.

You are probably better off earning miles instead of points (for peace of mind).
Old Sep 14, 01, 3:59 pm

As others have noted, the program isnít as generous as others are, however, one can earn points or miles with each stay. Drawbacks include the requirement to stay at a BW property at least once per year or points expire. Points cannot be redeemed towards free hotel nights but can be redeemed for BW gift certificates, which can then be applied towards a stay. BW does offer, from time to time, double point/airline mile opportunities, which is a plus for the program.

Generally, I only participate in the program when I am participating in a mileage run and need an inexpensive room over paying significantly more at a full service hotel. Other benefits include online access to your account as well as redeeming points for airline miles/merchandise online.
Old Sep 15, 01, 7:23 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Disagree with this last post.

I would reformulate as follows:

We earn miles for stays,
We earn points for claims after the stays (often, but not always)

Old Apr 15, 02, 2:31 pm

I have found that some BW properties will give me both Points AND Miles for the same stay i.e. double dip. It never hurts to ask.
Old Apr 15, 02, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a question. Do you get points for each night of a multi-night stay? I have NW WorldPerks and it says 250 miles for each qaulifying stay, but doesn't define what a qualifying stay is.
Old Apr 27, 02, 2:01 pm

Best Westerns are very inconsistent in quality service and price. Properties are independently owned so there is no corporate accountability. If you have a problem at one there is very little you can do but complain. Had a disastrous stay in Tucson and it spoiled the whole chain for me. Definitely go with miles over points, points expire very quickly.
Old Jul 2, 02, 5:47 pm

Best Western is offering more bonus opportunities these days, such as bonus miles on Delta Airlines. Its worth going to their WWW site to register for them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: