Old Mar 20, 2023, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*50K, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Best Western Plus OSAKA review -

Best Western Plus Hotel Fino Osaka Kitahama, Osaka, Japan

1 Review | 100% Recommended

1-7-17, Imabashi Chuo-ku Osaka, Osaka, Osaka JP 41-0042

Best Western Plus OSAKA review - (2 Photos)

Hotel is centrally located in the business area of Osaka, close to a few subway stops, with comfortable beds. The staff was incredbily friendly and helpful with directions.
I visted in February 2023 with my two teen sons (3 of us total) and the hotel room was ok but the facilities were very limited.

The resturant was closed hence no breakfast or dinning options.

There's no pool and we didn't see a gym though, there may have been one.

Simple hotel for a light budget.Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 9.51.47 PM.jpg

Check In

Check-in was quick, easy and fast and the front desk were very friendly. They also provided directions to the subway and nearby tourist information.

Dining

There was no breakfast served, nor was I offered a gift card to a nearby breakfast place - even though it's suppossed to include it. I was dissapointed as other hotels in Japan are back to offering buffet breakfasts. The restaurant was also closed.

Room

The room itself was very clean and had two comfortable beds and served our needs  - to visit Universal Studios in Osaka and sleeping well. Though it's a bit of a trek to the tourist areas of Osaka, hence stay on the other side of the river if you want to be closed to tourist places without having to use transport. The Toto toilet with typical Japan featuers was a warm welcome.

Rooms in Japan are smaller than North America hence the room was "big" for Japan and had everything we needed - 2 beds & a bathroom.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 9.51.06 PM.jpg

Service

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Even though there was a language barrier we fought through it and managed to understand each other.  As we were half-way our 12 day around Japan trip we needed to do laundry, hence we used the paid washer/dryer. Sadly, there is only one washer and many people waiting to do laundry, I had to wait 3 hours but the front desk noticed one dryer kept being turned back on by the same person and allowed me to use it - I felt bad for the person who's clothes were in the dryer.

Overall, the staff truly tried their best to help us with all our needs and explain what they can and can't do. I had to remeber it's Japan and they have strict rules to follow and can't get frustrated .

Centrally located in the business area but not much happening here at night. We went to the bar distruct to try and find a bite to eat but couldn't really find much - even the bars were closed - so it was our bad luck.

It's a business hotel in the business area. We found a great price on it so can't complain though it was far from the central tourist areas and activities. It also required a transfer of trains to get to Universal Studios vs. if we would have stayed in the more touristy area it would have been one train. Either way, transportation is easy and fast in Japan so can't complain as it's way better than at home,

Best Western Plus OSAKA review -

Would you like to write a review on the Best Western Plus Hotel Fino Osaka Kitahama, Osaka, Japan?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 26, 2023, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by sargento
.The resturant was closed hence no breakfast or dinning options.There's no pool and we didn't see a gym though, there may have been one.Simple hotel for a light budget. Check In Check-in was quick, easy and fast and the front desk were very friendly. They also provided directions to the subway and nearby tourist information. Dining There was no breakfast served, nor was I offered a gift card to a nearby breakfast place - even though it's suppossed to include it. Though it's a bit of a trek to the tourist areas of Osaka, hence stay on the other side of the river if you want to be closed to tourist places without having to use transport.

.Rooms in Japan are smaller than North America hence the room was "big" for Japan and had everything we needed - 2 beds & a bathroom. Service Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
Sadly, there is only one washer and many people waiting to do laundry, I had to wait 3 hours but the front desk noticed one dryer kept being turned back on by the same person and allowed me to use it - I felt bad for the person who's clothes were in the dryer.Overall, the staff truly tried their best to help us with all our needs and explain what they can and can't do. I had to remeber it's Japan and they have strict rules to follow and can't get frustrated . We found a great price on it so can't complain though it was far from the central tourist areas and activities.,
You say breakfast is supposed to be included. Where does it say? Many BW in JP don't include them, and AFAIK this hotel didn't offer any bf rates at least for last 2 years. If you're after in-house bf, you could book BW Shin Osaka and its bf rates across Yodo River for 2/3 of cost of this hotel. At Ą900 extra, I'm unsure if it's worth adding bf, though.

Stop spreading wrong generalization that rooms in Japan are small. Rooms at this hotel is sold for less than USD 80 for most dates, and aforementioned Shin Osaka is for less than USD 50. In a G7 country. There's this old saying 'what you pay is what you get'. Be realistic, this isn't Vietnam.

I'd say Osaka-Kobe-Kyoto metro is about same size as Los Angeles or Chicago, even some parts of northeast corridor of US, and imagine what kind of rooms you get with your budget 🙄

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.