login confusion

Old Jan 9, 23, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

login confusion

In case you still have a password that's less than 10 characters (mine was 8 characters), I found this weekend that the Best Western website was erasing them as soon as I clicked outside of the Password field (including on the Login button). It took me a while to figure out that it wouldn't erase if I put in 10 characters or more, but it would erase if put in 9 characters or less. I then had to pretend I forgot my password, and when I went to change my password only then did it explain that it needed to be 10 characters long. I don't know when they changed that, but they apparently just started enforcing it without explaining it during the login process.
Old Jan 10, 23, 2:12 pm
R
formerly PrePress420

Thanks for the heads up. I'm currently staying on business at a plus heritage inn, and I will pass it on to the other rewards members I've met so they won't be surprised.
Old Jan 17, 23, 10:26 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Well, now, I was wondering what was going on! I couldn't log on either..... I knew this place would have the answer!
Old Jan 17, 23, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Peoriaman1 View Post
Well, now, I was wondering what was going on! I couldn't log on either..... I knew this place would have the answer!
Ha ha, me too, same problem, and also got the answer immediately here. What would I do without flyertalk?
Old Jan 17, 23, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA MM
I guess I spoke too soon. Changed password, now when I try to log in I get a message "please verify your user name" (mine is the account number, which I used to reset the password, which allowed me to get past the initial login screen). Sigh. Maybe just takes a little while for the system to understand that I changed my password....
Old Jan 25, 23, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
11 chars... phew.
Old Jan 25, 23, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
It has been a mess for months. I can't use the app finger sensor, my account somehow self-deactivated when I tried to get password help, and so on. Finally a phone agent was able to reset things, but I need to complete the password each and every time now, both app and computer, and still no functional finger sensor.

Search this Thread