Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Beware Best Western Rewards credit card bonus points promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2022, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC

On their website First National Bank of Omaha indicates when you use their co-branded Best Western Rewards card to meet a $5,000 spending threshold during the qualification period (first 12 billing cycles) you will receive 40,000 bonus points. After meeting the spending threshold during the first three billing cycles, I telephonically contacted the bank when these points did not post. I was advised that the fine print in the "Summary of Credit Terms" indicates that the bonus points would only be posted at the end of the qualification period (12 months) and the account must be open. In order for the account to be open at that point an additional $89 annual fee would have to had been paid. In effect to receive the additional 40,000 bonus points one would have to pay an additional $89 annual fee, this is not mentioned/stated anywhere on the bank's website. The bank's failure to state this material requirement needed to receive the bonus points is deliberate false advertising.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by rbwpi
On their website First National Bank of Omaha indicates when you use their co-branded Best Western Rewards card to meet a $5,000 spending threshold during the qualification period (first 12 billing cycles) you will receive 40,000 bonus points. After meeting the spending threshold during the first three billing cycles, I telephonically contacted the bank when these points did not post. I was advised that the fine print in the "Summary of Credit Terms" indicates that the bonus points would only be posted at the end of the qualification period (12 months) and the account must be open. In order for the account to be open at that point an additional $89 annual fee would have to had been paid. In effect to receive the additional 40,000 bonus points one would have to pay an additional $89 annual fee, this is not mentioned/stated anywhere on the bank's website. The bank's failure to state this material requirement needed to receive the bonus points is deliberate false advertising.

I got the 40,000 points, they posted before the next annual fee hit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.