Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Duplicate reservation at Carcassonne turned out to be normal procedure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2021, 7:29 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

I reserved a room at Hotel Donjon in Carcassonne, which I highly recommend. The night before arrival I checked the BW app and saw two reservations. So I called BW. They said the second had been made directly with the hotel. I had no idea how this could behave happened but I definitely did not want two rooms. I told them to delete that one and keep the one I had made using the app.

When I arrived at the hotel they were confused. They said my reservation had been canceled. Apparently someone at the hotel had created a second reservation due to software incompatibility and they regarded that reservation as the real one. The one I had canceled. Oops.

Fortunately for me one room was still available. No harm done. The hotel staff were gracious and efficient.

The lesson is that, at least for this particular hotel, if you see a duplicate booking call the hotel and ask if they know why before you cancel one of them.

BTW parking for the hotel is gated and outside the city walls. It’s 20 Euros No longer do you have to drive the narrow streets inside the walled city, dodging pedestrians.

Last edited by nsx; Jul 17, 2021 at 2:46 am
Old Mar 25, 2023, 3:45 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Sadly, this hotel quietly dropped out of Best Western. Congrats to all who redeemed points there.

Their new website is https://www.cite-hotels.com/en/etabl...le-donjon.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.